WHAT BACKBOX FOR MY A3 3.2DSG?

granny87

Reaction score
HELLO! i have an a3 3.2 dsg standard at the moment but looking for an exaust thats not too loud and dont no whats the best remus was reccomended to me before any help appreciated

cheers

dont want anything over the top just a nice sound . remus has been reccomended too me

been qouted £420 for a remus backbox fitted is this good ?

I have put Milltek in mine. Sounds sweet. A bit deeper sound not loud though. U can only notice when u floor it really. Makes throttle more responsive and smoother Deffinately.

is it just a back box u put on buddy? how much did u pay etc?

The milltek is a cat back and can sound really boomy, expecially on a motorway or long drive.
If you want a noise then go for the Remus but why not just try disconecting the town/country flap on the std exhaust first and see how you get on. Your not going to get a performance upgrade from either because the std exhaust is not restrictive anyway.

yeah i know but i would like a better sound from the v6 and remus is supposed too sound really good but ive not really heard any to be fair . cheers

The milltek is a cat back and can sound really boomy, expecially on a motorway or long drive.
If you want a noise then go for the Remus but why not just try disconecting the town/country flap on the std exhaust first and see how you get on. Your not going to get a performance upgrade from either because the std exhaust is not restrictive anyway.

Paddy,
I've often considered doin this to my 3.2 manual, is it easy? (any step-by-step guides). Does it make a noticiable difference? Any downsides (fuel etc...)?

I have never tried it but i must make a little diferance or they wouldnt fit it. Its easy to disconect, its just above the tail pipe where it leaves the back box.

Paddy,
I've often considered doin this to my 3.2 manual, is it easy? (any step-by-step guides). Does it make a noticiable difference? Any downsides (fuel etc...)?

i did it today just unhooked the wire it sound pretty good aswell .

Make sure you block the pipe up. If not it burns the vac. pump :)

I think the vac. pump keeps pumping as it's open to atmosphere..... should be a closed loop....

The pumps are easy and cheap to replace tho. if they are the same as R32 ones.... :)

i just unhooked the metal wire and cable tied it so the flap inside the exhaust is open all the time . didnt touch anypipes?

Jonathan...I dont mean cut the pipe !! i mean as Granny says, just disconect the actuating wire from the flap. Its all still working as normal but just disconected from the flap..

The way I did it was take pipe of actuator block it and re fit. Seemed to work ok.

Have a search for R32 flapper mod. in google that will give you the idea. If not ask again and i'll take some pics.

It doesn't make much difference noice wise just means both pipes are open all the time.