What black is this?

dznuk90

Reaction score
Looking at an RS3 and I can't tell what black it is. The spec sheet has Mythos, but up close in the sun it sparkles purple/green - could it be panther instead and the paperwork is incorrect? Pic attached (ignore the swirls!).

Also just saw on audi's site that the A3 is now subject to availability? Sounds like production has stopped.

Attachments

• 20180405 (1).jpg
    20180405 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
Looks like Panther but not sure they did the 8V in Panther... Prefer Mythos Black because it's Black.....

Not sure production has stopped yet on 8V!

I would say mythos. Someone can correct me but I thought the panther as more of a purple shimmer only?

I would say mythos. Someone can correct me but I thought the panther as more of a purple shimmer only?

Has a lot of green in it too. Walk round one and you get green then purple then black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Panther but not sure they did the 8V in Panther... Prefer Mythos Black because it's Black.....

Not sure production has stopped yet on 8V!

f560f708f0a191b43bda3929e235c064.jpg

My (ex) panther black 8V. Was a £900 option.

Reactions: Evil Diesel, drgav2005 and DW81
f560f708f0a191b43bda3929e235c064.jpg

My (ex) panther black 8V. Was a £900 option.

God that looks ‘F’ ing good mate, without doubt the best colour spectrum of black is the panther version. I’ve only ever seen it with the sun fully on the body work and looked more purple, learnt something there, cheers.

Reactions: Evil Diesel and josedebardi
It's definitely Panther, ask me how I know

Detailed mine today (Panther) - might do a thread if I can summon the energy.
20180405 152948 resized

Reactions: DW81 and drgav2005
I had a panther black RS3. Hard to tell from your pic...there's lots of green flecks in there which makes me say mythos. But need a better photo.

Looking at an RS3 and I can't tell what black it is. The spec sheet has Mythos, but up close in the sun it sparkles purple/green - could it be panther instead and the paperwork is incorrect? Pic attached (ignore the swirls!).

Also just saw on audi's site that the A3 is now subject to availability? Sounds like production has stopped.

Get the service booklet out it'll have a list of PR codes etc with what the car was built with...

Matchpaint info manualZ

Mythos = LY9T

Panther = LZ9Z

Thread here on the subject
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mythos-black-vs-panther-black.259385/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses guys. Had thought Mythos (being metallic) didn't have any flecks at all, green nor purple.

Thanks T, will check out the booklet and report back.