What Camera??

Anyone whos interested, I just upgraded to a canon eos 450d from my 350d. 350 is a great camera but wanted the larger screen and 12M.
I am looking from approx £200 for the kit (18-35 EF-s and body plus I'll throw a 1gig cf).

I was thinking about buying another body, to get it converted to infrared.

Not a bad price for that depending on how old it is and how many shutter actuations its had.

I would be willing to sell the body only as I would like to keep a lens.
Its probably about 2 to 3 years old I guess and is in near mint condition (just a small shiny bit on the grip from my hand). Havent used it that much but have no idea how to tell how many actualtions it has had. Also has a spare battery. Used mostly for car shows, pics of the kids and thats about it!..
PM me if interested.

Anyway going back on topic......Ive found out how to do the aperture now but i havent got a tripod yet so im going to order one toinight :)

Anyone else got any other good tips for camera noobs like myself?

Thanks
Adam.

One bit of advice spend as much as you can on a good tripod the cheap ones just get blown about in the wind monfrotto worth a try but they are expencive well worth it though imo cheers Ian

One bit of advice spend as much as you can on a good tripod the cheap ones just get blown about in the wind monfrotto worth a try but they are expencive well worth it though imo cheers Ian

Thanks Heliflyer.

I have a Velbon, its a camcorder tripod, very heavy.

And get a strap to carry it.

Looks like a great thread developing here....
I got a 30d last year, used the excuse of new kid...new camera :p
Since then bits n pieces (camera) have increased.... and the type of photos im taking - not kiddie.....
Have a look at the pictures here....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26932665@N03/

Im not racing anymore, but i get to take picturesd for the web site I run

http://www.msabritishautocrosschampionship.co.uk

I can recommend some info:
Ive hired a lens for the last 2 races i have done, 70-200 IS Lseries F2.8 it is some kit, though Its really expensive!
Try getting second hand stuff (ebay is ok) though you may not get a warranty, though places like jacobs, London camera exchange and Apature Uk offer 6 month wty on 2nd hand kit. Canon is really good for kit turn over so you can get it at reduced prices, Id go for canon kit rather than Tamron unless your buying really high end kit.

I dont know what price range you have in mind but I can recommend a good value canon lens 50mm F1.8 its about £90 (Warehouse express) you'll get some craking shots with it as it is a Prime lens (ie fixed focal length).

WRT shutter life I use my camera nearly every other week and I have not had any problem, however my collegue at work has a Nikon D60 low used and every now and again the shutter sticks!

I got a 28-135 is lens its pretty good all round though you'll need to pick a lens for the type of pics you want to take!

PM me if you need any specific q's answering..
Cheers
Michael

P.s. paid £25 for my tripod its light and holds the weight of my camera (and a 90-330ES), though wouldnt like an Lseries lens.....

Thanks Rallyman, Some cool pictures you got there!

Yea i think a lens will have to wait for a bit because im saving up for other things at the moment. But i will buy a tripod sooner or later :)