What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

After all your hard work, I hope your partner thawed your hose out for you, cuke2u....haha!!! :whistle2::whistle2:
Unfortunately to old for all that malarky ;-) just a very long hot shower was required in the end...

Reactions: AllanG and NevMan
After all your hard work, I hope your partner thawed your hose out for you, cuke2u....haha!!! :whistle2::whistle2:

Haha, I did chuckle at the “stiff hose” comment

Reactions: cuke2u and AllanG
Nothing better to do today than a quick wipe over (60-minutes max) with TJ's QD on both:

BLUEY and SUZY

rs3copilot was out with the TT or I'd have done that too... :racer:

Reactions: THQuattro, A4A4, V6_Man and 3 others
Applied TJ's ceramic wax on the our 8-rotor wheels in use, amazing stuff, soooo slippy smoooth!

And then found this - that's worth posting:

Just brilliant...

Might be doing me summer rotors tomorrow, Toby; inside and out...
47.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro and V6_Man
Sorry, posted in the wrong thread earlier:

Our A1's 18-inch OEM rotor wheels (our winters) with a light coating of TJ's ceramic wax plus 50 miles and this morning's rain:

a1-wheels-with-ceramic-wax-jpg.175297

Oh, and POR15 on the OEM brake disc hubs and vents; 2-years now and no rust; OK, so a tad yellow in colour (I like!) but still NO rust... Same on our TT and RS3 - why show a rust covered brake disc behind a nice set of wheels...

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, Bristle Hound, NevMan and 1 other person
Nothing too glam.....washed the ******....then noticed.....l had a few fine scratches around the drivers side rear wing....Fuel cap...not surprised given how many times l punched the flap...lol...its probably covered in fine scratches ....but l dont give a damn.....ATM...they'll be removed soon....still impressed with new tyre dressing from Autoglym, car cleaning / detailing for me personally is at a low ebb. .. And it's probably the same for most of us at this time of year
DSC 06282

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: THQuattro, Pinky1959, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Nothing too glam.....washed the ******....then noticed.....l had a few fine scratches around the drivers side rear wing....Fuel cap...not surprised given how many times l punched the flap...lol...its probably covered in fine scratches ....but l dont give a damn.....ATM...they'll be removed soon....still impressed with new tyre dressing from Autoglym,
View attachment 175454
@jassyo06 - ^ S3 looking fab buddy :thumbs up:
car cleaning / detailing for me personally is at a low ebb. .. And it's probably the same for most of us at this time of year
Very true mate :thumbs up:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Jassyo06
Well earned clean and polish of the Beemer

a54f62225fc9dbb962d566111889458a.jpg
cb2e9397663c928042f031f059bb5477.jpg
a17bbf41a56909e1ba4b8f966d1b1da5.jpg
4e770e25034547acad5b486432baf51c.jpg
a6395977dca7b153cb7854c501d290cd.jpg
b2a20ec151330c2f600d5c9194563edb.jpg
f8af50c0fa2cecc42dc51d204c5aef33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Yea very little satisfaction from keeping the car looking nice this time of year. Can’t wait for the warmer weather and some sun so I can see that ara sparkle again. Ceramic coating still going strong so far, it’s amazing how clean it looks after a thorough pre-wash.

Reactions: cuke2u and BarryG79
Nothing too glam.....washed the ******....then noticed.....l had a few fine scratches around the drivers side rear wing....Fuel cap...not surprised given how many times l punched the flap...lol...its probably covered in fine scratches ....but l dont give a damn.....ATM...they'll be removed soon....still impressed with new tyre dressing from Autoglym, car cleaning / detailing for me personally is at a low ebb. .. And it's probably the same for most of us at this time of year View attachment 175454

Agree mate, haven’t washed either for weeks...but have trip to the Maldives in a week today to look forward to

Reactions: S32B, Pook, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Nothing too glam.....washed the ******....then noticed.....l had a few fine scratches around the drivers side rear wing....Fuel cap...not surprised given how many times l punched the flap...lol...its probably covered in fine scratches ....but l dont give a damn.....ATM...they'll be removed soon....still impressed with new tyre dressing from Autoglym, car cleaning / detailing for me personally is at a low ebb. .. And it's probably the same for most of us at this time of year View attachment 175454
Gleaming mate! Looking fantastic, even in the dark lol

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Agree mate, haven’t washed either for weeks...but have trip to the Maldives in a week today to look forward to
Maldives ya jammy barsteward hope it ****** doon lol

I've just paid the final balance of me own holiday.. . Its was a sore one to pay, would rather have put towards a different TV lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
have trip to the Maldives in a week today to look forward to
@q5man - Unlike & unfriend ! :sign unfair: :sign ban:

Only kidding Nev. Have a fab time & don't forget some pic's for us back in Blighty my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Maldives ya jammy barsteward hope it ****** doon lol

I've just paid the final balance of me own holiday.. . Its was a sore one to pay, would rather have put towards a different TV lol

Haha

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ok, so clearly my penance for mentioning going on a nice holiday....Q5 went in for 1st oil change service this morning...you can guess what is coming here

1. Job sheet had DO NOT WASH in caps.
2. Do not wash signs on dash, on passenger seat, by gear selector, on back seat.
3. Had a call a short while back to say unfortunately there has been a misunderstanding and due to the car washers not being English...NO SH1T! they have washed my car.
4. But we have checked and there is no damage....oh really (sarcastic tone needed).
5. Wish I had a decent UV light, but I am planning on insisting they pay for any correction my detailer @FranA3 will need to undertake......Fuming

What is everyone’s thoughts?

Reactions: liveseytowers and V6_Man
Ok, so clearly my penance for mentioning going on a nice holiday....Q5 went in for 1st oil change service this morning...you can guess what is coming here

2. Do not wash signs on dash, on passenger seat, by gear selector, on back seat.
3. Had a call a short while back to say unfortunately there has been a misunderstanding and due to the car washers not being English...NO SH1T! they have washed my car.
4. But we have checked and there is no damage....oh really (sarcastic tone needed).
5. Wish I had a decent UV light, but I am planning on insisting they pay for any correction my detailer @FranA3 will need to undertake......Fuming

@q5man - :wtf: are the Dealers really that stupid *** !
Make 'em pay Nev is my advice

Makes my blood boil. Feeling your pain buddy :(

PS Don't really want to like your post mate
Fair comment mate
Lol :D

Reactions: V6_Man

How can you prove that it was them that Inflicted damage mate that's the issue but hopefully there won't be

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and V6_Man

Oops or shall we say ***. Make them pay buddy, if I was you I'd make them pay twice...

Tbh, I have given up on stealerships now. No matter what you do or how many times you mention they will wash the car. My A3 went in for Stronic Service early Jan after I received call from them only to be advised that the A3 didn't need the Stronic service but as a courtesy we washed your car, which I'd washed a day before. The car is a swirl galore now and is going in on 18th and I am 100% sure it will get washed again.

How can you prove that it was them that Inflicted damage mate that's the issue but hopefully there won't be

They just f’kin stupid. These aren’t very clear:

1195af7586ba78098f4e4055d4e32cb5.jpg

3837d19ea3308b9119ab1115ad1b1b9b.jpg

The Service Manager has popped out, but is going to call me, but as you say how can I prove it. Definitely going to get myself a UV light!

Reactions: A4A4, Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound and 2 others

Can see a few around the rear quarter, but tbh such a poor wash they did, water marks and drips everywhere. Which may not be a bad thing as probably didn’t dry the car

The Service Manager has popped out, but is going to call me, but as you say how can I prove it. Definitely going to get myself a UV light!

Can't make it any more visible then this, can you.

Prove it by showing them the pictures and invoice of what you paid for the correction including pictures from ASN - blackout the bad press stealership get . This is what I did including sharing a link to my Detailers FB post, which shows 'before' and 'after' shots and the full detailing regime followed and products used.

Reactions: S32B, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
@Bristle Hound and @q5man time to change the downloadable 'do not clean' sign to include multiple languages and maybe make it A5...

I don't know what the process will be but surely the service department hands over to the valeters once they have completed all work. Easy to blame others though.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
My car goes in for it's first Oil Service to Audi York in a month or 2 - will be prepared :(

English
PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS VEHICLE

Polish
PROSIMY NIE MYJĆ TEGO POJAZDU

Albanian
JU LUTEM NUK DUHET KËTË AUTOMJET

Romanian
VĂ RUGĂM SĂ NU ȘTERDAȚI ACEST VEHICUL

Scottish
PLEASE DINNAE WASH THES VEHICLE

Reactions: S32B, Pinky1959, NevMan and 6 others
My car goes in for it's first Oil Service to Audi York in a month or 2 - will be prepared :(

English

Polish

Albanian

Romanian

Scottish
Too polite fur the Scottish wan!:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Pinky1959, NevMan, BarryG79 and 1 other person

What total nethanderals !! But that quote ' a misunderstanding and due to the car washers not being English..' Classic.

Can't believe how common this is getting on here. @q5man hope you get this sorted mate, it's one of our worst fears when going to the stealers these days.

Reactions: NevMan

English

Polish

Albanian

Romanian

Scottish

God only knows what they put in the bucket then to wash your car? If you don't understand or can't read 'do not wash'

@Bristle Hound and @q5man time to change the downloadable 'do not clean' sign to include multiple languages and maybe make it A5...

I don't know what the process will be but surely the service department hands over to the valeters once they have completed all work. Easy to blame others though.

Haha, very good point there mate

By the sounds of it, mine was washed 1st then oil change service done.

Had a call from the Service Manager lastnight apologising again, he said to give it a proper looking over and let him know if there is any damage.

Just waiting for a price from my detailer which I will then be sharing with him (service manager)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and josul

English

Polish

Albanian

Romanian

Scottish

Quality mate

What total nethanderals !! But that quote ' a misunderstanding and due to the car washers not being English..' Classic.

Can't believe how common this is getting on here. @q5man hope you get this sorted mate, it's one of our worst fears when going to the stealers these days.

I know mate. My car was filthy (was planning on proper wash this weekend). Service agent came out to car to check for any “damage”. And said...just to be clear, your car will come back to you like this....ummm...YES! Famous last words!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Another negative point on getting a car ceramic coated mate, but again it might well be a positive thing, as a good quality ceramic should hold up to a bucket and sponge wash.....
Audi hamilton never washed my car when it got serviced and that was down the young chap in the service department
But its great to be me..... coz if they had.. l would just get the Flex bad boys oot and correct any damage inflicted lol
Besides it's only a car.. . Go get yer self Beach ready chest waxed arm pit hair trimmed and yer toenails manicured lol life's too short

Reactions: NevMan
Another negative point on getting a car ceramic coated mate, but again it might well be a positive thing, as a good quality ceramic should hold up to a bucket and sponge wash.....
Audi hamilton never washed my car when it got serviced and that was down the young chap in the service department
But its great to be me..... coz if they had.. l would just get the Flex bad boys oot and correct any damage inflicted lol
Besides it's only a car.. . Go get yer self Beach ready chest waxed arm pit hair trimmed and yer toenails manicured lol life's too short

Will reserve judgement until I have washed properly. But yes, should offer some protection with ceramic.

LOL...yes, wax sack and cr@@@ PMSL

Let the detailing malarchy begin ... With a nice little valentine's day gift from Slim's...

02715dfb450425bb4db6eea49417c958.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn

Q5 looks fine, but then don’t have UV light...yet. @FranA3 must have applied a decent ceramic then

7764c5981f6dd312a05e4dff7060379b.jpg

5578f9fcc07d36ad73a1ee69fcbd1c24.jpg

00966a9c7fd90ca70300c1fc5d70cb22.jpg

Reactions: S32B, Bristle Hound, A4A4 and 2 others
Q5 looks fine, but then don’t have UV light...yet. @FranA3 must have applied a decent ceramic then

7764c5981f6dd312a05e4dff7060379b.jpg

5578f9fcc07d36ad73a1ee69fcbd1c24.jpg

00966a9c7fd90ca70300c1fc5d70cb22.jpg

UNC-R can stand up to a lot of punishment, you can only remove it with 1500 sand paper so must be pretty hardy eh lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and V6_Man