What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
It has been absolutely crazy last few months both at work and at home. Bought and moved house back in May and although it is new-ish built (from 2016) we have been busy getting a few bits done to the inside ever since. And at the speed Mrs is spending money on furniture / furnishings etc, I believe the end is near .

Anyways, finally managed to get the time to wash the cars, which hadn’t been touched since Feb / Mar this year.

S4 is washed and tucked away in the garage and the A3 and BMW outside. I now have the luxury of having a double garage so decided to do a few basic changes to it so that I can have my *detailing den* (very basic right now). Installed some light, electric garage doors, did the flooring and a bit of partition to secure from the other side.

Pics FYI:

558D8151-C742-46AF-A7B9-44331AF8C304.jpeg
1BF2969E-DDD1-4C95-ACE4-11AD6788E265.jpeg
BE740294-F55C-4504-ADE5-12011B581BDE.jpeg
BEDAC7C9-F849-4C5C-9CF5-88AEC0D1214F.jpeg
C0FBBEAD-BB95-4DD9-B9EB-752A45D8B40D.jpeg
72EE900E-B874-44C4-AEF2-7D280211D2A7.jpeg
1BF2969E-DDD1-4C95-ACE4-11AD6788E265.jpeg

Andy F

S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful ! Get you some a that!
@V6_Man
Sounds like you have got a little dealership going on lol . Cars look well a bit off garage envy on my part mate .
AndyF

NevMan

Well known member
Hello stranger, wondered where you had been. So no garage change then (well garage change but not car change). So where is your RS?

NevMan

Well known member
Cars looking spot on, and your artistic photography skillls

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
@V6_Man
Sounds like you have got a little dealership going on lol . Cars look well a bit off garage envy on my part mate .
AndyF
Lol. Thanks @Andy F. It was on the ‘wish list’ for some time and I believe the patience paid off when I found a house with double garage (my only preference ).

Have a few more upgrades planned to the garage like the one in the picture (except the roof lightening). I have already got the swisstrax flooring and will start ordering few other bits in next few weeks / months. One of my mates is going to help me with it but it won’t happen this year.

69329851-8825-4B7A-9E15-AC674AAA5345.png

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Hello stranger, wondered where you had been. So no garage change then (well garage change but not car change). So where is your RS?

Hey buddy, long time. Hope you and family are keeping well and safe!

I have been on the forum checking things but wasn’t commenting. Put some of the money in the house by paying bigger deposit and a few other things so RS has to wait .

Plus, still doing some silly miles per week for work (have been since Nov last year ), S4 is sat in the garage most of the times, has only done 2k mikes in the last 12 months compared to 22k on BMW in eight! No point in having a car if I am not using it the way I want to . Oh, and where I live the HS2 traffic and road works mean getting stuck in long queues and driving over pot holes all the time!

Last edited:

Andy F

@V6_Man
Make sure you get a drain in there for some detailing in the rain ! Thats what i miss . Guy down the road from me had a proper good garage done triple NO DRAIN SCHOOL BOY ERROR

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
@V6_Man
Make sure you get a drain in there for some detailing in the rain ! Thats what i miss . Guy down the road from me had a proper good garage done triple NO DRAIN SCHOOL BOY ERROR

Good idea and definitely one I didn’t think about as I wasn’t planning on using the garage for washing the car. However, if there is an option then why not use it especially and like you mention when it is raining!

It should be easy to sort out the drain and will keep in mind before I start any work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy F

Big thumbs up
AndyF

Andy F

A good weekend detail the usual form.
Image_968917.jpg
Image_913554.jpg
1 Wheel decon and clean.
2 Gyeon Snowfoam.
3 Gyeon Bath+ Two bucket
wash.
4 Towel & Blowdry.
5 Gyeon Cure.
A good 4 hour over Sat n Sun.
AndyF Team Navarra

NevMan