What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Decon, clean and spruce up of Q5 winter wheels and tyres I will be flogging at some point on the bay of e.

C5 coating before last winter made cleaning a doddle.

f4603d588b945f374c3acef829846b0d.jpg

957ca43e523126e6122ff730f904e0be.jpg

d1ecab88a7444cf5ee976751fc67e68b.jpg

e3f7ab0cc76f5d4c87a406af3b5ccca8.jpg

Used Megs, and not a fan, too “thick and claggy”, much prefer Gyeon Tire Shine

Reactions: OCDaveS4, Jassyo06, DW81 and 3 others
Just washed and coated today.

Was going to polish it this morning but felt it didn't need it. Or more couldn't be bothered lol.

So it just had a mini clean of:
AG shampoo and conditioner.
AG tyre gel
Planet polish on the alloys
Thin coat of Sonax sp.

View attachment 185188

A4 looking fabulous buddy. As always, a stunning example a really well looked after car

Reactions: A4A4
Thanks to @Radford212 for the Obsession Wax Evolution V2 - kindly given to me on the Pay it Forwards Thread. This was a very generous PIF - not a cheap wax this - and the tub was 90%+ full! I had a chance to give it a whirl today. First time I've used a paste wax in over a year, and found it therapeutic.

The trick with paste waxes is to use as little as possible (more will give you worse results). So, after full wash and wipe over with BH Cleanser Fluid, applied the wax sparingly with a damp foam applicator puck. Did the car in three sections (apply, let haze, and buffed, softly softly, with a plush microfibre). Was a really nice product to use and has left an awesome shine, and zero 'ghosting' (I repeat, less is more with paste waxes). Pics aren't great as the light was going, but still got some half decent reflection shots....

Time will tell on durability and hydrophobic qualities, but it was a calming thing to do after a jeffing mental week at work, so worth it for that reason alone.

Good man @Radford212 - I am now raising a beer to you :thumbs up:

View attachment 185207 View attachment 185209

Stunning depth and gloss @Jimbob76. I haven't used Obsession Wax but have FussoSoft 99 and I can kind of relate to how therapeutic wax application is.

Reactions: Jimbob76
This thread has got me itching! Haven't cleaned mine in over 4 weeks and now it's at the body shop! May treat my dad's car to a clean, doesn't see a lot of love due to the job it suffers, just to tide me over

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man and NevMan
@Tashfeen I've always got on fine with Autosol but I follow up with Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine. Maybe that's the difference?

Anyone ever tried Shiny Sinks? I've seriously seen it suggested once or twice on DW.

Cheers @scotty76. Going to add Planet Polish to my order as I ran out GTechniq C6 Matte finish and need another bottle of Reset.

Oh, and might as well order Gyeon Tyre just to see what's all the fuss about

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76, NevMan and Jimbob76
This thread has got me itching! Haven't cleaned mine in over 4 weeks and now it's at the body shop! May treat my dad's car to a clean, doesn't see a lot of love due to the job it suffers, just to tide me over

I can understand mate as I was planning on doing A3 today but decided not to as I have 'dad's taxi' duty tomorrow. So, told Mrs I am nothing but washing th A3 on Sunday.

The A3 has not been touched in the over 8 weeks now. Will clean the interior tomorrow and rest on Sunday.

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
Decon, clean and spruce up of Q5 winter wheels and tyres I will be flogging at some point on the bay of e.

But what are you using for your green grass paint pal? Need some of that for my lawn, lol. Was one of my favourite gags when taking the kids camping (they’re wise to it now). I used to pack down the tent and send the kids off to ask the farmer for some green grass paint to ‘refurb’ the patch that had gone yella. Gave me 5 mins of peace to get kit sorted before they came back, lol.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
Ha ha ha effin priceless Col

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Unrelated to detailing. Curious what people's thoughts are, my car is at the body shop and I can see it's been left unlocked. Are people of the opinion that's ok if it's in a shop or (like I'm thinking) it should be locked regardless?

Unrelated to detailing. Curious what people's thoughts are, my car is at the body shop and I can see it's been left unlocked. Are people of the opinion that's ok if it's in a shop or (like I'm thinking) it should be locked regardless?

For me it should be locked
But thats just me lol

But what are you using for your green grass paint pal? Need some of that for my lawn, lol. Was one of my favourite gags when taking the kids camping (they’re wise to it now). I used to pack down the tent and send the kids off to ask the farmer for some green grass paint to ‘refurb’ the patch that had gone yella. Gave me 5 mins of peace to get kit sorted before they came back, lol.
@Jimbob76 - Cruel but VERY funny ! lol
Will remember that one with the Grandkids lol

Reactions: Jimbob76
For me it should be locked
But thats just me lol
Mmm that's my thoughts. Suppose got a bad taste in the mouth from the body shop so far, was pressured to get the car to Audi at 9am prompt as it was being picked up ASAP but wasn't collected till 2pm! I've had to lock my car twice now!

Reactions: V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Or the old favourite "left handed hammer" for the tent pegs

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Bristle Hound
Mmm that's my thoughts. Suppose got a bad taste in the mouth from the body shop so far, was pressured to get the car to Audi at 9am prompt as it was being picked up ASAP but wasn't collected till 2pm! I've had to lock my car twice now!

I agree with BH, it should be locked. Do you know if the placed is secure and locked where bodyshop keep the cars? Are you keeping an evidence of that the car was unlocked and you'd to lock it twice? I would just to be on the safe side and would definitely be raising it with the stealership.

Thanks to @Radford212 for the Obsession Wax Evolution V2 - kindly given to me on the Pay it Forwards Thread. This was a very generous PIF - not a cheap wax this - and the tub was 90%+ full! I had a chance to give it a whirl today. First time I've used a paste wax in over a year, and found it therapeutic.

The trick with paste waxes is to use as little as possible (more will give you worse results). So, after full wash and wipe over with BH Cleanser Fluid, applied the wax sparingly with a damp foam applicator puck. Did the car in three sections (apply, let haze, and buffed, softly softly, with a plush microfibre). Was a really nice product to use and has left an awesome shine, and zero 'ghosting' (I repeat, less is more with paste waxes). Pics aren't great as the light was going, but still got some half decent reflection shots....

Time will tell on durability and hydrophobic qualities, but it was a calming thing to do after a jeffing mental week at work, so worth it for that reason alone.

You know my thoughts on your S3 :sign yum:

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Jimbob76
I agree with BH, it should be locked. Do you know if the placed is secure and locked where bodyshop keep the cars? Are you keeping an evidence of that the car was unlocked and you'd to lock it twice? I would just to be on the safe side and would definitely be raising it with the stealership.
I don't know for certain if the car is kept inside or not. Yes I've taken a screenshot on my phone for both days, app also shows when I locked the car too. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man

@Jimbob76 Glad the weather finally held off enough for you to get to use it. Car looks absolutely cracking! :thumbs up:

Also, the wax smells pretty good as well i if remember correctly?

Radford212

Reactions: NevMan
Just a simple first wash of the A3's replacement today with a quick wipe over with AG Aqua Wax. It needs some TLC in a few areas but that'll be sorted soon hopefully.

I've got a "£350" Autoglym kit coming from Audi next week, anyone had one before and got any ideas as to what it includes?

IMG 4852
IMG 4855
IMG 4858

Reactions: DW81, Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Just a simple first wash of the A3's replacement today with a quick wipe over with AG Aqua Wax. It needs some TLC in a few areas but that'll be sorted soon hopefully.

I've got a "£350" Autoglym kit coming from Audi next week, anyone had one before and got any ideas as to what it includes?

View attachment 185260 View attachment 185261 View attachment 185259

S5 looking nice buddy.

AG is a good entry level kit. Just make sure you are not using the sponge and the wheel dressing is also .

I quite like their interior shampoo as it does the job on the fabric and has a nice citrusy smell. Fast Glass is also my go to glass cleaner.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jonnie
S5 looking nice buddy.

AG is a good entry level kit. Just make sure you are not using the sponge and the wheel dressing is also .

I quite like their interior shampoo as it does the job on the fabric and has a nice citrusy smell. Fast Glass is also my go to glass cleaner.

Thank you!

Yeah wouldn’t dream of using the sponge makes me shudder to think they still include them.

Will have to have a play about with the other products then to see how I get one :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man
Thank you!

Yeah wouldn’t dream of using the sponge makes me shudder to think they still include them.

Will have to have a play about with the other products then to see how I get one :thumbs up:

The SRP is also good abrasive polish and does hide the swirls and very fine scratches. It is a bit 'dusty' though but easy enough to be applied by hand. You would need to top it up with something like EGP (Extra Gloss Protection) or Sonax BSD as it doesn't last long.

Like other AG products their Shampoo is decent-ish as well if you don't have any others to use.

Reactions: Jonnie
20190621 180826

Yesterday I cleaned wheels ( Angelwax revelation ) , not sure if I like the look of my wheels bleeding like this, then washed car ( Meguiars NXT ), waxed ( Meguiars Ultimate ) , tires ( Meguiars Endurance ( that has gone all runny so need to get something new ( any suggestions ? ))), glass ( Angelwax H2Go ) and a hoover.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Reactions: Jonnie
So still didn't get round to the S4 but attacked the wife's Golf with Gyeon Cure. S4 next week I really hope.

IMG 20190623 WA0006 1701x3024
IMG 20190623 WA0002 3024x1701

Reactions: Bristle Hound, DW81, V6_Man and 2 others
Polished
be671dd9debed1284b242114e1668205.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, DW81, V6_Man and 6 others
Guff photo of er indoors fiesta
5f8fe49ea1f05db5bff94361d2e41a3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man and BarryG79

View attachment 185260 View attachment 185261 View attachment 185259

I Got one AG Kit with my car on collection day....eh...no bad stuff should to be honest...."Bag has to be the best thing about it"...when ye aint paying for it...well ye are really....nowt for nowt...in this day n age

Reactions: Jonnie and NevMan
Lol, love your brevity. That has to be the shortest write-up for what is clearly many hours of graft pal. :thumbs up:

8 hours mate............Proper polishing takes time and Patience mate its best not too rush it....as ye will never get the same results...if you do............rush it....Do it right...nae post mortems

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan

You've toooo much time and energy mate......and yeah Megs is Guff....

Reactions: NevMan