What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

I think the thing here is that the Jedi has already corrected his paint long ago so any machine polishing from there has been light . Non aggressive pads and compounds , putting small defects right. I'd say with the right method, compounds and pads then machine Polishing destroying the clear coat wouldn't come to mind. Best in mind that using a finishing polish has no cut so it's simply buffing the shine up albeit with a DA.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Exactly mate...Menzerna 3500/3800 has very little cut..."Gloss enhancement" as them so called Pros say

Reactions: Jimbob76, NevMan and Scotty75
That Menzerna polish really is to class , well worth the money

Reactions: Jassyo06
Exactly mate...Menzerna 3500/3800 has very little cut..."Gloss enhancement" as them so called Pros say

Question on cleaning pads after Menzerna mate....as it is dark grey, much harder to clean pads I find than Profiline. Fairy and warm water, but struggle to get back to original colour.

I think the thing here is that the Jedi has already corrected his paint long ago so any machine polishing from there has been light . Non aggressive pads and compounds , putting small defects right. I'd say with the right method, compounds and pads then machine Polishing destroying the clear coat wouldn't come to mind. Best in mind that using a finishing polish has no cut so it's simply buffing the shine up albeit with a DA.

Makes sense @Scotty75

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Question on cleaning pads after Menzerna mate....as it is dark grey, much harder to clean pads I find than Profiline. Fairy and warm water, but struggle to get back to original colour.
I put mine in the washing machine. Little bit of Fairy non bio on a 30 degree gentle half hour wash . Job done , certainly hasn't harmed the pads

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I put mine in the washing machine. Little bit of Fairy non bio on a 30 degree gentle half hour wash . Job done , certainly hasn't harmed the pads

Washing machine! F’kin hell scotty

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75

How long are you working these pads for?
Change them more frequently and you'll not get this problem...heat build up causes staining
Have you tried the Flex pads yet for the xfe..

Reactions: NevMan
How long are you working these pads for?
Change them more frequently and you'll not get this problem...heat build up causes staining
Have you tried the Flex pads yet for the xfe..

Have only used that polish with mini da and not worked for long at all.

No, haven’t tried flex pads yet, good? Which one you talking about?

@jassyo06 - Bitch ! Lol

To be fair your not too wrong there mate having 3 to choose from at the mo

Stop being flash Harry Col, we all know you are absolutely minted with used car and caravan dealership, alongside mansion.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Pinky1959 and Jassyo06

80 mm pads also try the orange and purple 5 inch ones...they're easily better than hex logic and clean up as new...l hand wash my pads with Fairy and hot water soak first though

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75

80 mm pads also try the orange and purple 5 inch ones...they're easily better than hex logic and clean up as new...l hand wash my pads with Fairy and hot water soak first though

Stop being flash Harry Col, we all know you are absolutely minted with used car and caravan dealership, alongside mansion.
@X3man - Yeh right. I wish lol
& that’s why my Avant is 9 years old ...

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Audi Bairn
At the weekend, I washed the two cars......
Citrus Pre-wash, snow foam, Fireball Easycoat.
No pics as the sun came out and I garaged the cars as soon as complete.
Then took the wifes TT out and a pheasant decided to hit the front of the car! So had to clean the front near side again. Thankfully no damage..... well no the car anyway :worried:

Reactions: BarryG79, Jimbob76, NevMan and 3 others

Thanks mate, will give it a go when I am gone with current 8+ hex pads

Reactions: Scotty75
A you 2 - :sign dontfeedmods: :busted cop:
Lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Jassyo06

Ah...but them smaller rotary polishers do heat up ...far more than a dual action polisher mate

SF with BH Autofoam, Wash with CP RESET, Gyeon Cure top off

cbd29b602c969ac8e088249e8c1274d2.jpg

07c1fcdd89de310125d0f5568a141d20.jpg

42397319caa6e070fb0a6d3a593e5bf9.jpg

4b24503b20cff19e755b9141517c9b3a.jpg

And a little water sheeting vid

Awesome photos...but a beading vid...come on.... you'll be a Youtuber next lol
Jon from forensic doesn't stay far from your neck of the English Riviera woods...

Reactions: T-800, Scotty75, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Looks MEGA pal :thumbs up:Curious though - you machine polish - more than the average fella. Do you worry about the depth remaining on your clear coat? Serious question - and I know equivalent to ‘how long is a piece of string?’ but interested in your perspective on how much polishing is ‘too much’ for you and your car’s clear coat?
Good question and a subject that l have done a lot research on mate...to start with l have never used a cutting pad nor even a medium cutting compound on my car...only use polishing pads just once l used sonax perfect finish and to be it's not that aggressive...still got some faint scratches on the roof of my car...but only in direct sunlight are they noticeable and l can live with them till this weekend at least lol
I only do a few panels at time now.ie spread the polishing of the car over a few weekends....not rushing doing a full car in one day now...getting better results taking my time with it,ain't using cutting compounds...either just correcting minor stuff that a maintenance wash will induce over a period of time..Voodoo is a flat paint and shows up the slightest imperfections easily, not like Dayz of Thunder Grey...lol tough as old boots that paint is...as for clear coat paint depth..l will buy a gauge soon...but going by some stone chips l have fixed it's a thick paint....far thicker than the Sepang blue l had before on my last S3....Now just go and buy that dual action machine ...£149 buttons mate .....you'll be glad you did....

Reactions: V6_Man, Jimbob76, T-800 and 1 other person
Awesome photos...but a beading vid...come on.... you'll be a Youtuber next lol
Jon from forensic doesn't stay far from your neck of the English Riviera woods...

Thanks mate. Haha, fair enough, just trying to show how insanely water sheets off with Pure, but then I am a Gyeon Fan boy apparently

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Thanks mate. Haha, fair enough, just trying to show how insanely water sheets off with Pure, but then I am a Gyeon Fan boy apparently
Oh you are indeed lol love the rear led taillights on the new X3 very classy and bold

Good question and a subject that l have done a lot research on mate...to start with l have never used a cutting pad nor even a medium cutting compound on my car...only use polishing pads just once l used sonax perfect finish and to be it's not that aggressive...still got some faint scratches on the roof of my car...but only in direct sunlight are they noticeable and l can live with them till this weekend at least lol
I only do a few panels at time now.ie spread the polishing of the car over a few weekends....not rushing doing a full car in one day now...getting better results taking my time with it,ain't using cutting compounds...either just correcting minor stuff that a maintenance wash will induce over a period of time..Voodoo is a flat paint and shows up the slightest imperfections easily, not like Dayz of Thunder Grey...lol tough as old boots that paint is...as for clear coat paint depth..l will buy a gauge soon...but going by some stone chips l have fixed it's a thick paint....far thicker than the Sepang blue l had before on my last S3....Now just go and buy that dual action machine ...£149 buttons mate .....you'll be glad you did....
If your paint marks so easily would you not benefit from a ceramic coating? I don't mean this disrespectfully but I am amazed that someone who obviously takes mega care during the wash process has to polish out marks so often. I know I talk about how good the Gtechinq Ultra+Exo is but seriously, its been on my car a year now and there is literally not even the smallest of swirl mark or anything on my paint work, like not a hint. I get that Ara may hide them better but like I say if your paint type really is that bad then maybe you should ceramic coat it. Having to polish marks so regularly seems surely unnecessary.

Reactions: NevMan, SPIKE_, Tzsteve and 1 other person
SF with BH Autofoam, Wash with CP RESET, Gyeon Cure top off

cbd29b602c969ac8e088249e8c1274d2.jpg

07c1fcdd89de310125d0f5568a141d20.jpg

42397319caa6e070fb0a6d3a593e5bf9.jpg

4b24503b20cff19e755b9141517c9b3a.jpg

And a little water sheeting vid

Great pics, loving the vid too!
That X3 is a much better looking motor than its predecessor. Your wheels I like a lot.

If your paint marks so easily would you not benefit from a ceramic coating? I don't mean this disrespectfully but I am amazed that someone who obviously takes mega care during the wash process has to polish out marks so often. I know I talk about how good the Gtechinq Ultra+Exo is but seriously, its been on my car a year now and there is literally not even the smallest of swirl mark or anything on my paint work, like not a hint. I get that Ara may hide them better but like I say if your paint type really is that bad then maybe you should ceramic coat it. Having to polish marks so regularly seems surely unnecessary.
Have to agree that Gtechniq Ultra is an amazing ceramic coating. I only top it up with C2V3 which is amazing and leaves a stunning finish. Often wandered what Exo would be like - do you think it really adds another level of finish?

Nah ceramics ain't for me mate for a few reasons...that'll l not go into ...besides l like polishing my car...."NOT Compounding" no car has scratch/free paint...if you look close enough,its all about getting the paint to a acceptable level....one you can live with, l dont strive for perfection that's just stupid and very time consuming

Reactions: NevMan, T-800 and Scotty75
Nah ceramics ain't for me mate for a few reasons...that'll l not go into ...besides l like polishing my car...."NOT Compounding" no car has scratch/free paint...if you look close enough,its all about getting the paint to a acceptable level....one you can live with, l dont strive for perfection that's just stupid and very time consuming

Agree 100% with @jassyo06 here

It’s about getting to that point you are happy with, once you start scrutinising the car every time you look at it, that’s a rocky road.......

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Lol yer washing them wrong then lol

I am only going on the yellow euro tec I used on original prep day (not the one I ruined with transport coating). Since then have only used Profiline and cleans out very easily

Great pics, loving the vid too!
That X3 is a much better looking motor than its predecessor. Your wheels I like a lot.

Thanks mate And agree old one was fugly, and interior terrible, but vastly improved on both IMHO.

I reckon BMW will is a roaring trade on 340i’s from ex S4 owners

Fair enough but like I say there are no visible marks on my paintwork, not visible under LEDs or sunlight, it’s in the same condition it was when it left the detailers a year ago. I actually don’t think it could be polished for any improvement because it is flawless to the human eye. And I’m not exaggerating. I just think with a ceramic you would then probably enjoy maximising your gloss levels and finish even more because you wouldn’t have to waste time in the initial phase of getting rid of marks - I can’t imagine that part is very enjoyable.

Reactions: Tzsteve and NevMan
Have to agree that Gtechniq Ultra is an amazing ceramic coating. I only top it up with C2V3 which is amazing and leaves a stunning finish. Often wandered what Exo would be like - do you think it really adds another level of finish?
I had CSL + C2V3 on my last A3, ultra + exo is a different level. Because I didn’t have ultra on the A3 I can’t say for sure how superior Exo is, but I think it’s longevity is definitely better. When I dry the car I use a 50/50 mix of C2/water as a drying aid/QD to finish off the car and this I reckon is keeping the coating working at full potential. I have had the car a full year and there has been no loss in the hydrophobic properties at all.

Reactions: Tzsteve, NevMan and Scotty75
Fair enough but like I say there are no visible marks on my paintwork, not visible under LEDs or sunlight, it’s in the same condition it was when it left the detailers a year ago. I actually don’t think it could be polished for any improvement because it is flawless to the human eye. And I’m not exaggerating. I just think with a ceramic you would then probably enjoy maximising your gloss levels and finish even more because you wouldn’t have to waste time in the initial phase of getting rid of marks - I can’t imagine that part is very enjoyable.

I agree mate, plus coating means less dirt sticks to paintwork hence less chance of swirls etc. James has bought a few ceramic kits but just can’t bring himself to use them

Reactions: Tzsteve and Pook
I agree mate, plus coating means less dirt sticks to paintwork hence less chance of swirls etc. James has bought a few ceramic kits but just can’t bring himself to use them
Yes totally this, my A3 after a year was fairly caked in fallout etc. But my S3 with this ultra on there is almost none! It is really really top drawer. And like you say, less dirt that sticks the less chance of marring.

Reactions: NevMan and Tzsteve
Yes totally this, my A3 after a year was fairly caked in fallout etc. But my S3 with this ultra on there is almost none! It is really really top drawer. And like you say, less dirt that sticks the less chance of marring.

As long as your happy with yer paint that's all that matters

Reactions: NevMan and Pook

Same goes with you mate we're all different and have different opinions l happy with the looks of my paint...as they say a picture paints a Thousand words lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan, Scotty75 and 1 other person