What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Snow foamed the car the other day for the first time. Used Auto Finesse Avalanche as use almost all of there products & to be honest don’t think I’ll be doing it to often as my car doesn’t get very dirty.

A9ED56B1 7AA1 4669 BD5B 9C3F5B9B7289

DB7545A4 EE00 432F 9E69 79EE7CE2FB45

292AC42E 6339 45C1 AD5D 87FB150B4030

Reactions: Pinky1959, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person
PMSL @X3man. You're such an a**hole

Cheers mate. I'd always liked these alloys and glad I managed to find a good deal and they definitely change the look of the car. I am still contemplating whether or not I should go lower as the drop with 18s looks just about right-ish.

Ceramic coating is on the cards and waiting for the weather to settle down a bit in next few weeks.

Harsh mate, I was paying it a compliment, as alloys look close to S3 alloys

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man
Personally I think that would be a bad move Tash , obviously personal taste and choice. I just am off v the opinion that the chrome trim adds a little elegant touch . Particularly with blue or black paint .

Reactions: V6_Man
Personally I think that would be a bad move Tash , obviously personal taste and choice. I just am off v the opinion that the chrome trim adds a little elegant touch . Particularly with blue or black paint .

I agree mate. I actually quite like the Silver trim as well as tyres on dark coloured cars and black on light ones. However, now that the alloys are not silver the trim doesn't standout as much as it used to. But then it has only been a day since I changed the alloys. Maybe I need I slow down and give it some time and it will either settle down or ...

Reactions: Scotty75
The one thing I'd recommend is de-badging the numbers and letters on the boot hatch. I found this to be a really nice improvement to the look of the A3

Reactions: NevMan
Did my Daytona a6 bitdi today. Nice overcast day for wash and wax.
Even gave the wife’s Astra a quick wash after

b3805a8766875b3cd6d9d35278d7d7d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bulldog, V6_Man, josul and 2 others
Double team wash today:

8f68ac622f5f2d21d44cab06a137313b.jpg

63435a84183276a6dcc800328363c69d.jpg

413b07465d26a200d559fd43a06b234d.jpg

cf4f7269afb219a0e024d09fcd33c5b5.jpg

Reactions: Bulldog, S32B, Pinky1959 and 5 others
Ball buster

Mr name dropping...Gyeon/Flex.... Man...can take it in his Super Detailer Hero stride mate.....lol....Remember "Batfink"....."My wings/Coating are like a Shield of Steel"..........lol

Mr name dropping...Gyeon/Flex.... Man...can take it in his Super Detailer Hero stride mate.....lol....Remember "Batfink"....."My wings/Coating are like a Shield of Steel"..........lol
Hell hear you with his super sonar beep

Reactions: Jassyo06
Double team wash today:

8f68ac622f5f2d21d44cab06a137313b.jpg

63435a84183276a6dcc800328363c69d.jpg

413b07465d26a200d559fd43a06b234d.jpg

cf4f7269afb219a0e024d09fcd33c5b5.jpg
@X3man - X3 & JCW looking fab buddy :thumbs up:
Wish I had the time to detail 2 cars in a day :(
panel gaps on the Mini are rather large
@jassyo06 - Having had 4 MINI's recently I can say that they are all like that mate
Main probs with MINI's is that they have soooo many water traps when washing. Used to drive me nuts !

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Scotty75 and 2 others

@jassyo06 - Having had 4 MINI's recently I can say that they are all like that mate
Main probs with MINI's is that they have soooo many water traps when washing. Used to drive me nuts !

Don't say that....or oor Nev will be buying a Flex cordless car dryer next...............lol

Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75 and Bristle Hound
I know what you mean @Bristle Hound but the MINI is worth it. I still drive past many MINI’s today and admire them greatly. Can see us getting another JCW when the kids get up a bit more.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
I know what you mean @Bristle Hound but the MINI is worth it. I still drive past many MINI’s today and admire them greatly. Can see us getting another JCW when the kids get up a bit more.
@SPIKE_S3 - Like you SWMBO & I both look longingly at the new JCW's
The time just isn't right at the mo
Never say never tho lol

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_

I really don’t have issues with drying the JCW, after the X3 it is a piece of ****!

Last edited by a moderator:

We love our JCW, some serious shift from that 2.0

Jeez mate, you are retired after all. Washed both cars then did the lawn and garden

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Now that is funny, Mr Fusion wax, cordless Flex, Ceramic coating reseller. Can't win as I didn't mention ANY products, but as it happens, used the Gyeon Q2 Foam and Essence Shampoo.......happy?

Shizer Photos.....lol....on a more serious note if that's possible with moi...........panel gaps on the Mini are rather large

Bizarre mate, been posting pics of the JCW for 18 months and now you make a comment about panel gaps? Mini built better than most cars to be honest. At least I get within 15 feet of the car, unlike your 120 yard side on shots PMSL

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Now that is funny, Mr Fusion wax, cordless Flex, Ceramic coating reseller. Can't win as I didn't mention ANY products, but as it happens, used the Gyeon Q2 Foam and Essence Shampoo.......happy?

Bizarre mate, been posting pics of the JCW for 18 months and now you make a comment about panel gaps? Mini built better than most cars to be honest. At least I get within 15 feet of the car, unlike your 120 yard side on shots PMSL

It's only Banter mate...dont really pay attention to photos...of cars on here after awhile

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Jeez mate, you are retired after all. Washed both cars then did the lawn and garden
@X3man - 4 grandkids, a caravan & my loss of love for all things car detailing probs doesn't help at the mo lol
Still been power washing the block paved drive & power washed all the paths too in the last week
Away in the 'van for a week soon, so looking foreword to that. Just bought a new air awning so gonna have a play while we are away

Reactions: scotty76, V6_Man, NevMan and 3 others
We love our JCW, some serious shift from that 2.0
@X3man - Our old non JCW F55 Cooper S had the same 2l turbo as the JCW albeit less powerful & loved hammering that. 'Tis a great engine IMHO

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
@X3man - 4 grandkids, a caravan & my loss of love for all things car detailing probs doesn't help at the mo lol
Still been power washing the block paved drive & power washed all the paths too in the last week
Away in the 'van for a week soon, so looking foreword to that. Just bought a new air awning so gonna have a play while we are away
Not an air awning,flimsy old things they are. Save no time either. Get a proper one,think the parents had a couple Isabella ones with the carbon poles. Could get the big one up in 25 mins

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not an air awning,flimsy old things they are. Save no time either. Get a proper one,think the parents had a couple Isabella ones with the carbon poles. Could get the big one up in 25 mins

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

:wtf: no caravan talk on here please...ban the pair of them!!!
gun.gif
:p

Just gave the car a wash using the £12 mitt I bought the other week...wow I couldn't believe what a difference a mitt makes!!! So much easier than the mf cloth or the sheepskin mitt I had been using :) Nice and thick & it holds loads of water/suds and you can see the dirt being dragged into the fibres and away from the car!

mitt-jpg.187052

My wife came out and asked why I was washing the car when we are going away on Thursday? I said I can't leave a dirty car on the drive...she just said "You're mad" :whistle2:

Reactions: OCDaveS4, V6_Man, Bulldog and 4 others
gun.gif

Just gave the car a wash using the £12 mitt I bought the other week...wow I couldn't believe what a difference a mitt makes!!! So much easier than the mf cloth or the sheepskin mitt I had been using :) Nice and thick & it holds loads of water/suds and you can see the dirt being dragged into the fibres and away from the car!

mitt-jpg.187052

My wife came out and asked why I was washing the car when we are going away on Thursday? I said I can't leave a dirty car on the drive...she just said "You're mad" :whistle2:
Quality mitt for sure. Had mine a year now and it goes in washer every time and it’s still as good as day 1.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Quality mitt for sure. Had mine a year now and it goes in washer every time and it’s still as good as day 1.
Seems it yeah, I washed it in a warm bucket of water and have left it to drip dry :)

Reactions: Pook and Scotty75

I know how it is mate, always plenty to do so cars don’t always get it, but Sunday morning (after 10am) was mine until 1pm

Bet the grandkids love it, always loved caravan holidays with my sister in laws family when younger. Bagged and bagged my dad to get a van, used to cut out adverts from classifieds (good old days), but my mum was having none of it

Reactions: Bristle Hound
It's only Banter mate...dont really pay attention to photos...of cars on here after awhile

Of course Mr sarkie banter head of. Just a hint, this thread is all about the pics Now where are the pics of your turbo blue A4 saloon

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man and Bristle Hound
gun.gif

mitt-jpg.187052

They are good mitts mate, like the MF madness ones.

Haha, I get the same from missus

Reactions: V6_Man