What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Good effort pal - bet you enjoyed today and glad to see you ‘back on it’.

Re: missing the adjustable power of the Karcher Vario Lance - forget that, easily rectified by just taking a step back - find that quicker than messing about with the temperamental Vario Lance anyway. Just adjust with distance.

Be healthy, get better, and get detailing my friend :thumbs up:
Thank you...

Reactions: NevMan
So today a cat has decided to walk over the bonnet and roof with muddy paws, presumably after having a dump, where did I put that shotgun?

Reactions: Bulldog, Pook and NevMan
Only needed a rinse, wash and dry in the Detailing saloon today.

IMG 20190829 125032

Reactions: THQuattro, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
So today a cat has decided to walk over the bonnet and roof with muddy paws, presumably after having a dump, where did I put that shotgun?

Jeez, that would properly p*ss me off. Shotgun indeed

Reactions: cuke2u

What a nightmare and real pain in the a**e

Once had a local cat sleeping under the bonnet of my car in winter, here it kept warm in-between the bonnet felt covering and the engine bay cover.

Guess luckily it climbed up from underneath and never touch the paintwork.

So it rained car was last washed Sunday beading is good just as l expected
f5df7b286ef79de4203a78dc3ea51aac.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: A4A4, BarryG79, Adam14 and 3 others
What a nightmare and real pain in the a**e

Once had a local cat sleeping under the bonnet of my car in winter, here it kept warm in-between the bonnet felt covering and the engine bay cover.

Guess luckily it climbed up from underneath and never touch the paintwork.
I had a similar experience with my A3 saloon, hairs everywhere under the bonnet and had to vacuum it weekly..

Reactions: A4A4
For a non ceramic coating its is mate,knew it would though,its consistency and aroma where identical to a ceramic coating
The aroma is identical to a ceramic coating? I may be crazy but I’ve never stuck my nose to the paintwork and gave it a good sniff :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The aroma is identical to a ceramic coating? I may be crazy but I’ve never stuck my nose to the paintwork and gave it a good sniff :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You've never applied a ceramic coating though....hence they advise wearing a safety mask ie to cover yer Snib and Gubb lol
I always have a sniff lol at new products...l buy,it gives you a idea how potent they are

That’s high praise mate - green D&D has a hall of fame place on my shelf, so you’ve convinced me - will pick up a bottle of Nanolex FF when the autumn bulk order goes in and give it a try.
I can recommend the D&D Si version if you haven't already give it a shot. May not be the best for winter application as the recommended curing time is a couple of hours

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan

Probably the only thing you've not done with yer car's paint....lol plus detail it in Hermetically Sealed Gazebo...lol

Reactions: Pook and NevMan
I can recommend the D&D Si version if you haven't already give it a shot. May not be the best for winter application as the recommended curing time is a couple of hours

Gonna through this out here...but l think DnD.....Chucked out the Si variant just to compete with Beadmaker......both where well hyped up

Gonna through this out here...but l think DnD.....Chucked out the Si variant just to compete with Beadmaker......both where well hyped up
You may well be right and I was tempted to try it on the strength of the reviews unlike Beadmaker, which felt over hyped imo. The D&D was incredibly easy to use, gave a very slick finish with good gloss, which I felt looked better the morning after. However that may have been down to different light... or more likely my ageing memory

Where I have been impressed is in keeping the car cleaner. It doesn't seem to create the same amount of dust spots after rain. Again this is only a subjective view and may be down to atmospheric conditions. It didn't break the bank so thought it was worth a go

Reactions: Jassyo06
Probably the only thing you've not done with yer car's paint....lol plus detail it in Hermetically Sealed Gazebo...lol
Haha you know me far too well :tearsofjoy: I’d of course be wearing a white suit too....

Reactions: Jassyo06
Time for my girlfriends A5 to get a quick wash today.

Used the following:
BH auto wheel
KKD citrus pre-wash
KKD Blizzard snow foam
CC Lusso Shampoo
Quick hand polish with Menzerna 3800

The colour (Lava Grey) always comes up great with a polish:
DCC186A4 A34B 4106 89A1 C92E258A76A6

Reactions: Bulldog, THQuattro, A4A4 and 4 others
Well snow foamed, 2 bucket washed, polished, dressed the tyres on both cars then it ****** poured down even hailstones!!
68a4230f8ad9061fae3802d355f27c49.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bulldog, THQuattro, A4A4 and 5 others
Time for my girlfriends A5 to get a quick wash today.

Used the following:
BH auto wheel
KKD citrus pre-wash
KKD Blizzard snow foam
CC Lusso Shampoo
Quick hand polish with Menzerna 3800

The colour (Lava Grey) always comes up great with a polish:
View attachment 189678

Your girlfriend’s got an A5??? Lucky fella!!!

Reactions: AndrewW
Used the last of BH auto wash shampoo. Another bottle ordered and on its way. Great stuff.

Finished off with a spray of D&D

IMG 20190903 081818

Reactions: V6_Man, THQuattro, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Quick wash and dry followed by Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax to get it looking tip top for the rollers:

Impressed with the shine and beading from Butter Wet Wax and it's pretty easy to apply!

Reactions: V6_Man, Bulldog and THQuattro
Some much needed attention for the A3. Stage 1 polish complete . Sonax Cut Max with CGQ Yellow pads followed with an IPA panel wipe. Still at it , stage 2 about to start .
ede51750357e73fcfd8a3e30f1803c21.jpg
9c5aff88a58ad569e8dae0f03b16948e.jpg
45e4d8b302e0ff353126ad793a187cea.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man, cuke2u and 1 other person
What a day ....... Absolutely knackered ! Can't have washed the A3 in 6 - 8 weeks so it was hideously dirty.

PW rinse .
Snowfoam with Meguiars Ultimate.
PW rinse.
Sprayed with Korossol.
PW rinse.
Washed with Angel Wax Self Drying Shampoo.
PW rinse .
Final rinse with Aqua Gleam 30ppm filter.
Polish with Sonax Cut Max and CGQ Yellow pads.
Waxed with R232.
Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass.
Lights treated with Megs PlastRX.
Seals and windscreen scuttle treated with Seal Feed.
Tyres treated with Megs Endurance.

Gave up on the second stage polish , did the roof with Menzerna Finishing polish but was beginning to run out of time and stream , being honest. After a weeks graft today took it right out of me !

Got to say , hugely impressed with the Aqua Gleam filter . Literally streak and spot free. Did have to use the drying towel in places but only due to ambient temperature. Glad I invested in it.

Also hugely impressed with the Swisswax Seal Feed. Top product albeit expensive.

Tackled some Stone chips too. Managed to mask a few but I am not impressed with the Dr colourchip kit. Word of advice , if you buy one don't use the squeegee they supply. Stick with the tiny brushes. Created myself a lot of work getting rid of the excess paint left due to the squeegee.

Won't buy that again , especially as it cost me 70 bangers !!

A3 is looking better but looking closely and taking into account the number of stone chips , I really don't know if it's worth me using the Ceramic kit I bought off jassy.

Feeling a bit deflated to be honest after all that graft. Still not happy enough to move forward with the Ceramic at this point . Going to have to think about how to tackle the rest of the chips and overall finish off the A3 .

....... and before anyone asks ....... Yep it's the OEM wheels back on the car . Two are in for a refurb as SWIMBO had a fight with a kerb

4a2404bc0199fb0b395749adf82cf3d2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, Jimbob76, V6_Man and 4 others
What a day ....... Absolutely knackered ! Can't have washed the A3 in 6 - 8 weeks so it was hideously dirty.

PW rinse .
PW rinse.
Sprayed with Korossol.
PW rinse.
PW rinse .
Waxed with R232.

Gave up on the second stage polish , did the roof with Menzerna Finishing polish but was beginning to run out of time and stream , being honest. After a weeks graft today took it right out of me !

Got to say , hugely impressed with the Aqua Gleam filter . Literally streak and spot free. Did have to use the drying towel in places but only due to ambient temperature. Glad I invested in it.

Also hugely impressed with the Swisswax Seal Feed. Top product albeit expensive.

Tackled some Stone chips too. Managed to mask a few but I am not impressed with the Dr colourchip kit. Word of advice , if you buy one don't use the squeegee they supply. Stick with the tiny brushes. Created myself a lot of work getting rid of the excess paint left due to the squeegee.

A3 is looking better but looking closely and taking into account the number of stone chips , I really don't know if it's worth me using the Ceramic kit I bought off jassy.

Feeling a bit deflated to be honest after all that graft. Still not happy enough to move forward with the Ceramic at this point . Going to have to think about how to tackle the rest of the chips and overall finish off the A3 .

....... and before anyone asks ....... Yep it's the OEM wheels back on the car . Two are in for a refurb as SWIMBO had a fight with a kerb

Lol hard graft indeed mate especially when yer grafting all week,ye can catch up with the Menzerna next time you get the chance cars looking fab

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Scotty75
Some much needed attention for the A3. Stage 1 polish complete . Sonax Cut Max with CGQ Yellow pads followed with an IPA panel wipe. Still at it , stage 2 about to start .
ede51750357e73fcfd8a3e30f1803c21.jpg
9c5aff88a58ad569e8dae0f03b16948e.jpg
45e4d8b302e0ff353126ad793a187cea.jpg

Wow scotty, looking awesome

Reactions: Scotty75
Kind words @X3man and @jassyo06. Those god dam stone chips though . Think I'm going to have to get one of those Lowe Cornell paint pens .

Striving for perfection with a Black , used car is not the easiest of challenges !

Would like to post some detailing stuff I did today, but instead spent 6+ hours compacting type1 hardcore, laying sharp sand and gravel grids. Need to order a couple more to finish job, but very impressed, gonna use this on my main drive too as gives a firm surface and no gravel movement

ddcf0190b63e349375bea3f33d28214a.jpg

e30f0847cb2072de4e3133abc17a330a.jpg

259a2c4869d8f87f968c8bed1cc6c29b.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06, AndrewW and 4 others

PW rinse .
PW rinse.
Sprayed with Korossol.
PW rinse.
PW rinse .
Waxed with R232.

Hats off to you!

You hard work is paying off, finish looks brilliant.

Shame about the Dr ColourChip did not work. Not found or seen a good solution to deal with stone chips.

I just stick with the cocktail stick, dab method.

Stone chips are a right pain in the ....

PW rinse .
PW rinse.
Sprayed with Korossol.
PW rinse.
PW rinse .
Waxed with R232.

A3 is looking fantabolous @Scotty75. The new Audi paints get the chips so easily mate, I don't remember seeing that many only a few months the ago, I think the recent road works have definitely contributed to almost 80% of the new chips I now have on the front bumper and bonnet.

Others here might disagree but I'd simply ceramic coat on top of the chips, unless you are looking at painting the damaged areas in which case it would make sense to wait.

Kind words @X3man and @jassyo06. Those god dam stone chips though . Think I'm going to have to get one of those Lowe Cornell paint pens .

Striving for perfection with a Black , used car is not the easiest of challenges !

Rate those pens mate. Used one on the Q5 to hide a chip on passenger door handle thanks to some f*cker!

Bit slowly is the key, added about 3-4 coats and polished in between before adding clear coat and polishing again.

Was hard to spot it, but did over a number of weeks

Would like to post some detailing stuff I did today, but instead spent 6+ hours compacting type1 hardcore, laying sharp sand and gravel grids. Need to order a couple more to finish job, but very impressed, gonna use this on my main drive too as gives a firm surface and no gravel movement

ddcf0190b63e349375bea3f33d28214a.jpg

e30f0847cb2072de4e3133abc17a330a.jpg

259a2c4869d8f87f968c8bed1cc6c29b.jpg
Looks great Nev. Good job mate

A3 is looking fantabolous @Scotty75. The new Audi paints get the chips so easily mate, I don't remember seeing that many only a few months the ago, I think the recent road works have definitely contributed to almost 80% of the new chips I now have on the front bumper and bonnet.

Others here might disagree but I'd simply ceramic coat on top of the chips, unless you are looking at painting the damaged areas in which case it would make sense to wait.
Cheers Tash. I do get what you're saying . Trouble is when you pay so much attention to detail ...... And most of us in here do.........

Once something is seen , it can't be unseen. In reality I think I just need to accept that aside from buying a new or near new car , I've got to make the best of the current car . From a few feet away the A3 looks tip top. When your up close and personal , so to speak . Actually doing the detailing , the little imperfections become apparent .

Think I'll go for the paint pen. Make the best of the chips. Do the final polish and prep and get on with the ceramic. Respray isn't a viable option so it seems the way forward .

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Cheers Tash. I do get what you're saying . Trouble is when you pay so much attention to detail ...... And most of us in here do.........

Once something is seen , it can't be unseen. In reality I think I just need to accept that aside from buying a new or near new car , I've got to make the best of the current car . From a few feet away the A3 looks tip top. When your up close and personal , so to speak . Actually doing the detailing , the little imperfections become apparent .

Think I'll go for the paint pen. Make the best of the chips. Do the final polish and prep and get on with the ceramic. Respray isn't a viable option so it seems the way forward .
Even buying new you can be assured stone chips/small marks etc are gonna happen and probably fairly quickly. I bought my car new a year ago and it’s littered in stone chips but it doesn’t bother me. Unless you’re up close and sniffing your front bumper like Jassy then you don’t notice them ;-)

Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man, Adam14 and 1 other person

I used the paint pen...its fidgety thing to load up with paint and my touch up paint was rather sticky....and extremely strong smelling "Porsche approved body shop made it up for me"and still wasn't a perfect match, not got a lot of chips on my car but when they appear they really do stick out,black paint will be far easier to mask chips with the pen l think than voodoo, you'll polish the full car far quicker than you did correcting it,then get that gyeon stuff on asap before the weather changes for the worst

Thanks guys and @josul is right it is the typing thumb and what a nightmare after you break it.

Not sure how but slipped while coming downstairs Thursday night and broke my thumb whilst trying to save my ar*we from getting hurt. Only realised it 10 mins after when I noticed the thumb facing the wrong direction . So, closed my eyes and clicked it back to its original position, which I am really proud of myself . Been advised rest for 2-3 weeks, have another appointment tomorrow as x-rays showed potential damage to ligaments . We'll find out.

Jeez, just seen this mate! Sounds painful. Hope you’re well on the road to recovery now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: V6_Man
Both cars washed at last. The S3 was particularly bad, if you saw the pic about a week ago, as we were on holiday with it.
6a376c62cd9955ef1b824d32faddeb09.jpg
f5343a4451cd0a43816b8f7edc0bc4cd.jpg
ebf285e23ffb557d1e37b472ccab3422.jpg

Reactions: Scotty75, V6_Man, A4A4 and 6 others
Both cars washed at last. The S3 was particularly bad, if you saw the pic about a week ago, as we were on holiday with it.
6a376c62cd9955ef1b824d32faddeb09.jpg
f5343a4451cd0a43816b8f7edc0bc4cd.jpg
ebf285e23ffb557d1e37b472ccab3422.jpg

Ain't you due a change of car

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79