What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Only used it on my mums car as a drying aid and it's for her car only l paid £9 for it...from Amazon l had a 5 minute time window to order for next day delivery....bsd came up first as a prime next day...so dont get carried away lol
@jassyo06 - PMSL :D

Reactions: Jassyo06
Few hours spent this morning
Full treatment. Clayed and recoated.
Pouring with rain since. But lovely beading.
f3c424f8c091309481b8a72611ef2d1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998 and Bristle Hound
Again dont ask me why l purchased this product.... lack of time to shop properly most likely .....so l bought Auto Brite super foam 250 ml bottle from Amazon £8 delivered...worst pre foaming/cleansing product l have ever used...l seen this instantly even before l rinsed the car....as the foam on the ground was totally white....and because of this l applied it again with a much stronger than recommended mix and it still didnt remove nowt....my wash mitt was constantly rinsed during the wash by the amount road grim still left on the car...avoid guys and if you've purchased this stuff and think it's good....yer blind...not many products anger/annoy me like this product has

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Bryant1998
I swear by Bilt Hamber auto foam ... I’ve tried other products but never beaten it.

I’ll be giving the new pup a going over tomorrow, so there might be a few more pics @Bristle Hound :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, SPIKE_, Bristle Hound and 2 others
I currently use bilt hamber, does a decent job.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, Bishop187 and Snake Pliskin
Which snow foam would you recommend?

Valet pro advanced snow foam is my go too pre wash product through the winter months,bilt hamber snowfoam during the summer months when dwelling time is at a premium due to higher ambient temperatures and cars dont get covered in grit/road grime as much.....most peeps rate bilt hamber snowfoam because it's a lot cheaper than most

Reactions: NevMan
I swear by Bilt Hamber auto foam ... I’ve tried other products but never beaten it.

I’ll be giving the new pup a going over tomorrow, so there might be a few more pics @Bristle Hound :icon thumright:
Tend to agree with BH Autofoam. The best I’ve tried, but I haven’t tried that many!

Reactions: V6_Man and Snake Pliskin
Bilt hamber is fine throughout the year imo.

good coat of that and the muck comes off easy and then shampoo is a doddle.

It just works ... very well & nothing to do with price !

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Bilt hamber is fine throughout the year imo.

good coat of that and the muck comes off easy and then shampoo is a doddle.

It just works ... very well & nothing to do with price !
But your car doesn't get that much use mate,when your doing 250 miles a week all year round l need a very good prewash product .....

But your car doesn't get that much use mate,when your doing 250 miles a week all year round l need a very good prewash product .....
Works fine on my car and I do more miles than that, didn't wash mine in about 5 weeks. Diluted 10:1 and after a few mins rinsed off and made contact wash a breeze, took vast majority of the muck off. Price and performance are second to none, from what I've tried.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin

I think you’re using it wrong pal ... everyone else finds it spot on & it strips hard winter grime off - maybe you need a new pressure washer lol :)

It’s a great product and leaves the surface silky smooth for then shampooing.

Works fine on my car and I do more miles than that, didn't wash mine in about 5 weeks. Diluted 10:1 and after a few mins rinsed off and made contact wash a breeze, took vast majority of the muck off. Price and performance are second to none, from what I've tried.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
@Adam14 price doesn't enter into the equation that much as far as detailing products go for me personally and the debate on snow foams is a endless one.....buy what you're happy with that's what l try to do and BH is low on my list

Reactions: Sandra and Adam14
I think you’re using it wrong pal ... everyone else finds it spot on & it strips hard winter grime off - maybe you need a new pressure washer lol :)

It’s a great product and leaves the surface silky smooth for then shampooing.

Forgotten more about detailing than most know on here mate l have used dozens of prewash products most have been of decent quality BH comes under decent,some have been guff like Auto brite super foam,few have been really good and valet pro Advanced snow foam is one of them......have you used it.....?

Reactions: V6_Man
Forgotten more about detailing than most know on here mate l have used dozens of prewash products most have been of decent quality BH comes under decent,some have been guff like Auto brite super foam,few have been really good and valet pro Advanced snow foam is one of them......have you used it.....?

To be fair I haven’t tried it ... but I’m always open to trying new products so will track some down & give it a go, if it really is that good hopefully I’ll see the difference :icon thumright:

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan

It must really depend on what coatings you have on the car, as with mine I have about 3-4 snowfoams, and prewashes and to be fair they all do a very good job at taking the crud off. Very very often in the winter I just s/f or prewash and then jet wash off, and the cars come up pretty shiny. I use BH, VP, Gyeon, Cleanliness and citrus pw.

Do agree on the autobrite though, their s/f lances are brilliant (I have two) but the s/f I give away

Reactions: V6_Man, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
It must really depend on what coatings you have on the car, as with mine I have about 3-4 snowfoams, and prewashes and to be fair they all do a very good job at taking the crud off. Very very often in the winter I just s/f or prewash and then jet wash off, and the cars come up pretty shiny. I use BH, VP, Gyeon, Cleanliness and citrus pw.

Do agree on the autobrite though, their s/f lances are brilliant (I have two) but the s/f I give away
All good pre washes you've got there Nev...l have been very complacent lately with my choice of detailing products but time to get back on the wagon....bought Gyeon Bathe,wet coat this week so that's a start....looking out the window the weather looks good...its dry and the suns oot....So Suns oot Guns oot as they say up here...so the cob webs will get blown off the Flex today...going out to polish a few panels lol

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and V6_Man
All good pre washes you've got there Nev...l have been very complacent lately with my choice of detailing products but time to get back on the wagon....bought Gyeon Bathe,wet coat this week so that's a start....looking out the window the weather looks good...its dry and the suns oot....So Suns oot Guns oot as they say up here...so the cob webs will get blown off the Flex today...going out to polish a few panels lol

So, you haven't got anyoney left to buy toilet rolls, handwashes and sanitisers

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Bryant1998, NevMan and 2 others
I tried poor boys wheel sealant for the first time last weekend and pleased with the results so far. Alloys were a breeze to clean this weekend. In fact after a snow foam pre-wash & pressure wash I don’t think the shampoo had much work to do at all.

Upload 2020 3 15 13 13 10

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 2 others

Been a long wet winter, sounds like a plan mate

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
I tried poor boys wheel sealant for the first time last weekend and pleased with the results so far. Alloys were a breeze to clean this weekend. In fact after a snow foam pre-wash & pressure wash I don’t think the shampoo had much work to do at all.

View attachment 199188

It is pretty good stuff, but C5 gives much better longevity obv. But for ease of application PP pretty good. Give a try to Gyeon Wet Coat on the alloys (and body of car if not ceramic coated. So easy to apply and rinse off and gives great hydrophobic action

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Just got some koch chemie nano magic shampoo and speed polish.
Thought I'd give this a try.
Gonna get some KC premium wax and green star next purchase.

Reactions: Jassyo06
It is pretty good stuff, but C5 gives much better longevity obv. But for ease of application PP pretty good. Give a try to Gyeon Wet Coat on the alloys (and body of car if not ceramic coated. So easy to apply and rinse off and gives great hydrophobic action

Hmmm that looks interesting stuff :icon thumright:

Hmmm that looks interesting stuff :icon thumright:

Glen yer a novice purchaser of car products mate get jiggy with it......Wet coat or the likes applied to alloys is super easy and it does add gloss to alloys or to any surface you apply it too

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
So, you haven't got anyoney left to buy toilet rolls, handwashes and sanitisers

**** aff big pipes........lol l wasted £1600 bangers on a holiday l never got to go on....aye am ****** loaded..............lol

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Bryant1998
Machine polisher got pulled out of its Cryogenic chamber/Bag today lol but only managed to do the front wings, bonnet, front Bumper...actually the paint on the panels l did polish where in good nick....but needed a gloss enhancement used 2 Gyeon pads and some Sonax PF but this forum won't let me upload photos no matter how severely l crop them....

Also managed to give the drivers seat and steering wheel a really good clean with

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Glen yer a novice purchaser of car products mate get jiggy with it......Wet coat or the likes applied to alloys is super easy and it does add gloss to alloys or to any surface you apply it too

I’m gonna need another garage for all the kit I’m getting as a result of recommendations from everyone here lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I’m gonna need another garage for all the kit I’m getting as a result of recommendations from everyone here lol :icon thumright:

Your car is white mate dont go over the score....diminishing returns,l wouldnt buy a white car a again for all the Tea in China....then again it's no doubt been totally wiped out....now way bulk buyers............lol

Reactions: V6_Man and Snake Pliskin
Your car is white mate dont go over the score....diminishing returns,l wouldnt buy a white car a again for all the Tea in China....then again it's no doubt been totally wiped out....now way bulk buyers............lol

The last white car I had was a 3.2 litre V6 TT in 2008 - 2011. Nice car that so 9 years since I’ve had white & I do like it a lot to be fair. It goes well with black pack & diamond cut alloys. I know what you’re saying though with regards to there are limitations to products. But having had black & dark blue cars it is fairly easy to keep looking clean. Black was a nightmare although looked good for the 1 hour it was sparkly clean.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
The last white car I had was a 3.2 litre V6 TT in 2008 - 2011. Nice car that so 9 years since I’ve had white & I do like it a lot to be fair. It goes well with black pack & diamond cut alloys. I know what you’re saying though with regards to there are limitations to products. But having had black & dark blue cars it is fairly easy to keep looking clean. Black was a nightmare although looked good for the 1 hour it was sparkly clean.

Yer RS3 in Floret was a stunna..............if only l was there to change yer mind when buying the Merc like l was with you during yer Nerdo.....crisis....bit like Superman....cant be everywhere....lol

Reactions: OCDaveS4, Bryant1998, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Yer RS3 in Floret was a stunna..............if only l was there to change yer mind when buying the Merc like l was with you during yer Nerdo.....crisis....bit like Superman....cant be everywhere....lol

Lol :tearsofjoy::icon thumright:

I did love floret it was ace ... I’d have that colour again in a heartbeat

Reactions: NevMan, SPIKE_ and Jassyo06
Medium cut pad
Medium cut compound
Finishing pad
Finish/sealant
Speed 2
90% better
My instrument panel plastic cover. Really 30 min job and scratches nearly all gone and looks smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need pics !!
Medium cut pad
Medium cut compound
Finishing pad
Finish/sealant
Speed 2
90% better
My instrument panel plastic cover. Really 30 min job and scratches nearly all gone and looks smooth

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Medium cut pad
Medium cut compound
Finishing pad
Finish/sealant
Speed 2
90% better

Need pics !!
You know the forum rules @tcardio - No pic's? It didn't happen ;):D

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Gave the engine bay a once over today tbh it wasn’t that dirty. Used AF Enigma & a few different bushes then wiped all plastics down with AF Dressle & some old microfibres.

7FD87874 5DB2 4073 AAAD 452B880E39AA

D405676B F3C1 45E8 9C27 95340B1F72C9

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man