What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

I hope you gave them hell @jassyo06 !

I am somewhat afraid to ask but how did you get on with them ?

Av taken 2 days off in the past month for the car service/brake fluid change plus the warranty work....not taken the car in again to them l just phoned and told them how it was and l will never put my cars or my families cars into them for anything again so l will repair it myself bought some 40 mm green Rupes pads work paid for them lol so i'll get the rotary with a extension bar out this weekend and polish all four door sills mate

Reactions: A4A4, Pinky1959, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Used the washing machine to wash the mitt, cloths, drying towels etc.

Non bio wash

IMG 20201008 100439

Gone are the days, I hand wash them.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Sandra and NevMan
Ye know them times in life....when yer forever forking out money....well the last few months has been one of them times .... for myself bare with me...So yesterday the wet weather stopped it gave me a opportunity to snow foam the car....a mix of polar blast/bilt hamber its a knock combo....as the mix clings for longer on the pant than it does with using bilt hamber on its own allowing it to work longer well that's my theory anyway...so rinsed the car and the f**king karcher it then blew up....could'nt ******* believe it. l vowed l would never buy another karcher once this one went but it did'nt give any of the usual signs .....they normally give.....so l was in a dilemma...should l get a Kranzle.....the one l like is £585 1050 tst but with my loyalty discount it was still over £500....l just could not justify the extra £340 over another K4 £180......so l have another fooking K4 It should blow up by spring....so i'll eventually get my Kranzle then

Reactions: Andy F, Bristle Hound and NevMan
Ye know them times in life....when yer forever forking out money....well the last few months has been one of them times .... for myself bare with me...So yesterday the wet weather stopped it gave me a opportunity to snow foam the car....a mix of polar blast/bilt hamber its a knock combo....as the mix clings for longer on the pant than it does with using bilt hamber on its own allowing it to work longer well that's my theory anyway...so rinsed the car and the f**king karcher it then blew up....could'nt ******* believe it. l vowed l would never buy another karcher once this one went but it did'nt give any of the usual signs .....they normally give.....so l was in a dilemma...should l get a Kranzle.....the one l like is £585 1050 tst but with my loyalty discount it was still over £500....l just could not justify the extra £340 over another K4 £180......so l have another fooking K4 It should blow up by spring....so i'll eventually get my Kranzle then

Nice shout on the BH and polar blast, hadn’t thought of that...will give it a try.

Nightmare on the K4 mate, you really have had no luck with them!

My next will definitely be a Kranzle, not least cos they are so quiet I can start bright and early

Reactions: Jassyo06
Nice shout on the BH and polar blast, hadn’t thought of that...will give it a try.

Nightmare on the K4 mate, you really have had no luck with them!

My next will definitely be a Kranzle, not least cos they are so quiet I can start bright and early

Even at £585 for the 1050 tst its not that more powerful than a K4 very similar spec...of course it wont last 6 months .....but at that price l would expect it to have more power...not seen or heard one in operation...would like to though as its a lot of money for a large water pistol....lol

Reactions: NevMan
Feel your pain with the K4 Karchers @jassyo06 - ******* piece's of junk!
Should have bought a Nilfisk to replace it mind ....

The Kranzle will have to wait till I win the lottery lol

All snow foam products even shampoo will wear away at your lsp mate....so what you've got to weigh up is....do use a snow foam like bilt hambers or a less powerful foam ...for me l want my car as clean as it can be before l put a mitt on it....ie less chance of swirling/scratching the paint,l spend more time pressure washing than l do washing mate

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neil Woodburn, Bristle Hound and NevMan
All snow foam products even shampoo will wear away at your lsp mate....so what you've got to weigh up is....do use a snow foam like bilt hambers or a less powerful foam ...for me l want my car as clean as it can be before l put a mitt on it....ie less chance of swirling/scratching the paint,l spend more time pressure washing than l do washing mate

Good point, but maybe also why you burn out K4’s I too spend a fair amount of time rinsing, s/f, prewash, rinse etc, that by the time mitt is on paint it is all pretty clean

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Good point, but maybe also why you burn out K4’s I too spend a fair amount of time rinsing, s/f, prewash, rinse etc, that by the time mitt is on paint it is all pretty clean
K4's going capoot has nowt to do with it mate they are junk...l just prefer to keep the machine polisher in its case longer lol

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
K4's going capoot has nowt to do with it mate they are junk...l just prefer to keep the machine polisher in its case longer lol

It was a tongue in cheek comment mate, but I think you got that. Yep, clearly not worth the money anymore. My K5 premium lasted 9+ years

It was a tongue in cheek comment mate, but I think you got that. Yep, clearly not worth the money anymore. My K5 premium lasted 9+ years

Mate l chucked the k4 oot its box punched the wheels on and dragged it round the car l did'nt even bother to assemble the other parts then after threw it in the shed.....l was in a really bad mood...best part is the k4's that are available for retail just now are 2 year old models with less power.....only down to the kung flu l assume.....When is this going too end

Used korrosol to remove superficial rust off the hubs that l had painted 2 years ago it really is good at rust removal .....going to repaint the hubs in a few months time fronts as well...coincide with new tyres.....back in my own car tomorrow as l use Avrils Mon/Tue/Fri.....thank ****.....As l can get away with far more in my car.....95 bhp is torturious at times.....Time to Fire Up The Quattro.....lol

Reactions: NevMan and AllanG
Gave glass polishing a go with the new Rayon glass polishing pads. Obviously practiced on the wifes vw polo to see how it goes and before a let loose on my car.

day light was fading so will have a proper look at the finished results tomorrow

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Have my A5 a good Devon wash...gonna wait for the DA till spring. Covered it in meguiars ceramic wax and some Gyeon wet coat for the time being.

My sister in law got me an Autoglym polar wash kit for crimbo which is basically 3 bottles x 500ml of different products designed to go into a snow foam lance.
The kit includes

Polar blast......which is basically snow foam
Polar clean...... car wash
Polar seal.....a hydrophobic coating.
I've never used these before and tbh I'm really impressed, especially with the polar seal. I've never used a spray on hydrophobic coating before apart from the ones that come out of the lance at a petrol station and I liked it.
I normally lavish my cars with gtechniq but as I only bought it at the start of October I've not been able to get it fully machine polished and ceramic/exo coated yet......So a perfect time to try out the Christmas present.
The polar blast goes on a lot thicker than the gtechniq G foam and so dwells a fair bit longer.
20210101 132522 copy 1814x2419

After that goes on the polar clean which I fully coated the car with before using a wash mit regularly dipped in clean water to spread around. After rinsing you give it a quick spray over with the polar seal and then jetwash off.
I think its definitely a product I will use going forward especially the polar seal, leaves a nice coating and shine!
20210101 143110 copy 3024x2268
20210101 151957 copy 3024x2268
20210101 152106 copy 3024x2268

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 4 others
Cleaned the filthy beast.
4d00152be56cbefc1461ff61b710aef9.jpg

0683bd419db0e7f1cb155e4d0e2ad22f.jpg

b4d9a6b377b87b25e6826819d29c3bad.jpg

c39af0c49cd192961d46eb27753d5a56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 4 others
Looking good Sean!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
My sister in law got me an Autoglym polar wash kit for crimbo which is basically 3 bottles x 500ml of different products designed to go into a snow foam lance.
The kit includes

I've never used these before and tbh I'm really impressed, especially with the polar seal. I've never used a spray on hydrophobic coating before apart from the ones that come out of the lance at a petrol station and I liked it.
I normally lavish my cars with gtechniq but as I only bought it at the start of October I've not been able to get it fully machine polished and ceramic/exo coated yet......So a perfect time to try out the Christmas present.
The polar blast goes on a lot thicker than the gtechniq G foam and so dwells a fair bit longer.
View attachment 214036
After that goes on the polar clean which I fully coated the car with before using a wash mit regularly dipped in clean water to spread around. After rinsing you give it a quick spray over with the polar seal and then jetwash off.
I think its definitely a product I will use going forward especially the polar seal, leaves a nice coating and shine!
View attachment 214037 View attachment 214038 View attachment 214039

Yes, the polar stuff works well, especially for winter washes

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Chrimbo break was a good excuse to practise my DA skills on her Golfs B pillars.
Chemical guys hex logic pad and some Scholl S20, see what you think:
B50

B501

B502

B505

B507

Reactions: Jassyo06, OCDaveS4, THQuattro and 9 others
Cleaned both cars down with
Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss
Then a top up of everyone’s favourite sonax bsd

Attachments

• AA60AA06-4EE7-4F51-A52C-372039C20C17.jpeg
    AA60AA06-4EE7-4F51-A52C-372039C20C17.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 6AACD3E7-4CD6-4266-A063-653C46F9F1FA.jpeg
    6AACD3E7-4CD6-4266-A063-653C46F9F1FA.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: V6_Man, daytonamart, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Been bone idle and not washed the car or van in the past 3 months, dreadful I know. However will be looking at investing in some rupes polishers and detailing products in the coming months ready to re polish and ceramic coat both vehicles when the weather in improves. Hope you all are keeping well on here.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPIKE_, Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Reactions: daytonamart
B504

THANKS! this one: it says heavy cut but it's not too aggressive imo.

Reactions: Kakatk
The kit includes

View attachment 214036
View attachment 214037 View attachment 214038 View attachment 214039

The more I see your "hulk" colour mate the more I think you need to dechrome the rings and badges for black... Would deffo suit it... :icon thumright:
Glad I did mine in the end..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-234528_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-234528_Gallery.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 166
First wash in 6 weeks for the wife's up!
'twas pretty bad TBH

orBwMRSl.jpg

Did a wheels off detail and cleaned 'em with BH Korrosol
Rear wheels hardly 'bled' but I didn't think they would being drum brakes, the front on the other had were full on purple lol New disc's & pads haven't helped

Reactions: AlS3BE, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
First wash in 6 weeks for the wife's up!
'twas pretty bad TBH

orBwMRSl.jpg

Did a wheels off detail and cleaned 'em with BH Korrosol
Rear wheels hardly 'bled' but I didn't think they would being drum brakes, the front on the other had were full on purple lol New disc's & pads haven't helped
Cracking wee cars :icon thumright:. The GTI is so cool looking.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Gave the wife's up! its fortnightly clean today
First time use of the Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo I bought recently having not used it for 10 years or more

t25EV7Jl.jpg

15ml shampoo / 15 litres of water dilution ratio
Foams up more like a snow foam than a shampoo & smells lush to
Forgot how good it is actually was TBH

Going to be my 'go to' shampoo now :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Kayobong
Nice one @Bristle Hound - gave the S4 a nice foam, rinse, wash (both with AG stuff), dried off with the super duper Korean MF cloths recommended by @jassyo06 (marvellous things they are) and then waxed with AG Super Resin polish, applied with MF pad and then hand polished with the Korean MF. Tyre walls done with Megs stuff, and pipes done with Autosol. Pleased with results, but should have remember to do Korrosol first ! Oh, and didn't have time to do much with the alloys except clean-em.

Have missed being on the forum, but got a bit fed up with lockdown and busy WFH (although am very grateful indeed to be working, so no complaint there). Am also close to getting the Satellite overlay restored having persuaded Audi to renew Connect for 12months (they were supposed to do it in November, but didn't before the "free" policy changed - took a lot of work to get them to honour their November promise)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Nice one @Bristle Hound - gave the S4 a nice foam, rinse, wash (both with AG stuff), dried off with the super duper Korean MF cloths recommended by @jassyo06 (marvellous things they are) and then waxed with AG Super Resin polish, applied with MF pad and then hand polished with the Korean MF. Tyre walls done with Megs stuff, and pipes done with Autosol. Pleased with results, but should have remember to do Korrosol first ! Oh, and didn't have time to do much with the alloys except clean-em.

Have missed being on the forum, but got a bit fed up with lockdown and busy WFH (although am very grateful indeed to be working, so no complaint there). Am also close to getting the Satellite overlay restored having persuaded Audi to renew Connect for 12months (they were supposed to do it in November, but didn't before the "free" policy changed - took a lot of work to get them to honour their November promise)

Awe right stranger...lol what is the price from Audi to get another 12 months subs for the Google overlays put back on, my car is MY18 model 67 plate

Reactions: NevMan and OCDaveS4
I'm told that the satellite overlay (which is no longer Google Earth) is a free of charge update. Haven't booked it in yet. Audi Connect which Audi paid for, was £171 including remote lock/unlock etc............ I'll let you know how it goes, although there are a couple of threads running in the S4/B9 section on the trials and tribulations of which models are/aren't compatible.......

I'm told that the satellite overlay (which is no longer Google Earth) is a free of charge update. Haven't booked it in yet. Audi Connect which Audi paid for, was £171 including remote lock/unlock etc............ I'll let you know how it goes, although there are a couple of threads running in the S4/B9 section on the trials and tribulations of which models are/aren't compatible.......
Cheers mate i'll give Audi customer services a call tomorrow l dont have key less entry so....dont need connect again

Gave the wife's up! its fortnightly clean today
First time use of the Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo I bought recently having not used it for 10 years or more

t25EV7Jl.jpg

15ml shampoo / 15 litres of water dilution ratio
Foams up more like a snow foam than a shampoo & smells lush to
Forgot how good it is actually was TBH

Going to be my 'go to' shampoo now :thumbs up:

Also my go to shampoo. Love the dodo juice stuff

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
For the B9 S5s the common consensus seems to be 2018 models onwards (for the free maps update)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Good detailing session on Saturday /Sunday

Maintenence wash with bilt hamber auto foam

Newly refurbished wheels cleaned and sealed with polishedangel wheel wax

Coat of sonax brilliant wax

Megs endurance for the tyres
6cea04be1418fedadfe9cc036bbab2ff.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bishop187, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Summer wheels ready to go in tomorrow
Cleaned/decon with carpro trix, so much tar spots on wheels.
Sealed with poor boys wheel sealant, 2 coats.
finish is nice, slick to touch, but not that durable in my opinion. Only stuff I had left in garage so might as well use it.
Dressed with carpro perl. Might put another coat of this on before I fit them so get a longer lasting finish.
So much easier to do when wheels aren’t on car but still a good few hours work. :wink:
Upload 2021 3 2 14 41 40

Reactions: daytonamart, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
BlurImage 4 4 2020 4 23 5
Weekend Detail
Sat
Snowfoam 2bucket wash and dry
Sun
Polish with Autoglym UHD Wax

Reactions: JohnM100, daytonamart, A4A4 and 6 others