What choice would you make?

clcollins

Reaction score
I have just bought a 2002 1.9 TDI Sport Quattro it has five spoke 17 inch alloys that I'm not keen on. I want 9 spoke RS4's.

The questions are:
(1)Do I go for 17 or 18 inch?
(2)What is a good multi purpose tyre for the wheel and my car?
(3)Anyone got a recommendation of where to purchase them from and what's a fair price? (I live in the North West).
(4)What size wheels were fitted to this model originally?
(5)Finally, what implications doe's 17 or 18 inch wheels have for mpg and speedo reading?

Hope that's enough to keep you all going, look forward to your replies, thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:
I have just bought a 2002 1.9 TDI Sport Quattro it has five spoke 17 inch alloys that I'm not keen on. I want 9 spoke RS4's.

The questions are:
(1)Do I go for 17 or 18 inch?
(2)What is a good multi purpose tyre for the wheel and my car?
(3)Anyone got a recommendation of where to purchase them from and what's a fair price? (I live in the North West).
(4)What size wheels were fitted to this model originally?
(5)Finally, what implications doe's 17 or 18 inch wheels have for mpg and speedo reading?

Hope that's enough to keep you all going, look forward to your replies, thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi

1)18's for sure
2)Depends what you want. for Sticky tires go for Toyo Proxes T1-S, or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3
3)You will be looking at about £115/tire
4)Probably 16's
5)Not alot. The rolling radius will be the same. YOu need 225/45ZR17, or 225/40ZR18

Cheers

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:
What's the difference between RS4's and RSTT's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not alot

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a bit extra lip...so to speak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not alot

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a bit extra lip...so to speak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge difference in the offset RS4's are Et20

I think RS4 barry is talking about genuine RS4 wheels.

If you are thinking about the difference between RS4 wheels and RSTT wheels for fitment to a A3 then the difference in size depends on the manufacturer. What most people mean when they say they are different is that on the RSTT wheels the groove down the spoke goes all the way along where as on the RS4's the groove fades out as it goes down the spoke.