What Cleaning/Polishing Products to use?

Steve_T

6th gear!
Reaction score
Website
www.chipshopqueue.co.uk
Hi Guy,

I have always been amazed about how shiney some of the cars on here look! almost link a mirror!

My car previously havent had anything more than a quick clean by the previous owner.

How do i get this up to the standard of what you guys have?

And what products are best to do this?

in the past i have used AutoGlym super resin polish and AutoGlym Aqua Wax?

Thanks
Steve

have a look on polish bliss web bro they have loads of useful info ... all depends what your budget is to be honest mate... I am sure peeps will add to this but i am using Mags at the moment there stuff is pretty good and not too expensive..hope this helps anyway mate.

I use Megs too - to be honest I like their product range and although I have a lot of Autoglym as well I find the Megs a bit more user friendly and generally get better results.

A good thing to do as a novice is go onto either Autoglyms or Meguiars website and request one of their product brochures - they have loads of tips and pointers on what to do and what products to use covering the whole car, bodywork, engine, inside etc

Hi Guy,

I have always been amazed about how shiney some of the cars on here look! almost link a mirror!

My car previously havent had anything more than a quick clean by the previous owner.

How do i get this up to the standard of what you guys have?

And what products are best to do this?

in the past i have used AutoGlym super resin polish and AutoGlym Aqua Wax?

Thanks
Steve

Suspect it was you who called a few minutes ago in which case, hope I was of some assistance - if it wasn't you, feel free to call and I can advise.

i use maguires.... detailing gold.....or super detailing its cold... £10 a bottle ..

Used sensibly/correctly, the risk is minimal. If the surfaces are clean, pads clean and you work in a methodical fashion, indoors, you should not have any risk of marring the paint.

(Using a rotary increases the risk of burning the paint massively and you also riks strike through whilst paint removal will be much higher - with a DA the rate of removal is much less and whilst the work time is longer, you will get correction. It's also going to be far easier to refine the finish).