What colour calipers for a sprint blue DTM?

What colour calipers for a sprint blue DTM?

• RED

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • YELLOW

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • BLUE

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • BLACK

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • SILVER

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Sonny Singh

Audi A4 DTM
Reaction score
In a bit of a dilemma here

my calipers are a dull colour and are in need of sprucing up

so the dilemma is what colour.

RED
YELLOW
BLUE
BLACK
SILVER

need your help guys

Hi Sonny,

My strong opinion is you want a colour that matches the colour of your car.

It always baffles me (and I laugh) when someone has for example a Blue car, the rest of the 'scheme' is blue or black and then goes and gets red calipers.

Ive voted for a nice blue colour to match your paintwork.

Black will also look nice if you have de-chromed your car black including wheels.

What do you mean..it makes your laugh...when people get the same colour calipers ..as the car...so blue car and blue calipers?...or do you think it looks better having them same colour.

Im not a fan of ..all one colour..blends in to much
Red is a very popular colour...looks great dont get me wrong
But try and think outside the box..be unique

I have a quartz grey car...realy hard to choose a colour schmem around this colour i think
Red blue or black has come into mind for my calipers...but i may go more towards the blue....what shade is the question
Hi Sonny,

My strong opinion is you want a colour that matches the colour of your car.

It always baffles me (and I laugh) when someone has for example a Blue car, the rest of the 'scheme' is blue or black and then goes and gets red calipers.

Ive voted for a nice blue colour to match your paintwork.

Black will also look nice if you have de-chromed your car black including wheels.

What do you mean..it makes your laugh...when people get the same colour calipers ..as the car...so blue car and blue calipers?...or do you think it looks better having them same colour.

Im not a fan of ..all one colour..blends in to much
Red is a very popular colour...looks great dont get me wrong
But try and think outside the box..be unique

I have a quartz grey car...realy hard to choose a colour schmem around this colour i think
Red blue or black has come into mind for my calipers...but i may go more towards the blue....what shade is the question

In my opinion, cars are like clothes..

I certainly dont want to be having multi coloured clothes as it clashes too much. Blue Car with Red callipers looks like Spiderman, a total clash.
Forgive my opinion, its just im not a fan at all!

Indeed thinking outside the box would be another colour other than Red as we see red callipers on everything. Saying that..of course it can look good!

On an all blue car, maybe a nice suggestion would be a different blue tone caliper. EG, BMW M5 in Estoril blue with Navy blue calipers look gorgeous.

Your Quartz Grey (stunning colour) B7..if de-chroming everything, i would say a nice gloss black caliper paint.

Of course, its all subjective but there is such thing as 'style' :)

Opinions are good..i like ither peoples ideas...they see things froma different angle....if you know what im saying

I ove the colour blue...and yes i know what youu mean with spiderman ahaha..or superman lol

But here is my mk5 golf ...previous car ...with red calipers lol
Sepang blue
20160415 124002

Or and p.s....i love colours that stand out...you have to be carefull tho they can overpower on counteract eachother

But check this out...im a big fan of rasta stuff so i think it looks amazing
All painted by myself too
..but its the theme i am wanting
FB IMG 1459536156901
Red yellow and green...need to get more green on there (thinking doing my frame in green)

I was thinking if I was to go blue then I'd go sprint blue.

Hammerite do all these colours

Reactions: DrStrange
Opinions are good..i like ither peoples ideas...they see things froma different angle....if you know what im saying

I ove the colour blue...and yes i know what youu mean with spiderman ahaha..or superman lol

But here is my mk5 golf ...previous car ...with red calipers lol
Sepang blue
View attachment 88007
Or and p.s....i love colours that stand out...you have to be carefull tho they can overpower on counteract eachother

But check this out...im a big fan of rasta stuff so i think it looks amazing
All painted by myself too
..but its the theme i am wantingView attachment 88008Red yellow and green...need to get more green on there (thinking doing my frame in green)

True, its good to have other opinions from different users. I do admit, you never know how something looks until you've tried it out!

Nice golf, always liked the Mk5 shape.

Haha, same with your 'Rasta' Bike. I thought the colours would be a clash, but I quite like that. :)

Defo..for the green frame!

Reactions: CraigRE
Close up ..sorry to hijack your thread lol
Golf was a gt tdi sport 170bhp
Remaped to 220...boy could that thing fly
All bottom end..realy aggressive
Pulled...or should i say dragged me out of some tight spots ..realy miss it for that
Now i have a 2.0 140 and fecking hell..i need to wait untill i have a mile free space before i even think about pulling out
1st gear is pants and turbo kicks in around 2k..golfs turbo pretty much came into action as soon as i turnd the ignition on ahaha
Screenshot 2016 03 28 13 23 35

Ah super stuff! Nice paint work!

I can talk about this for hours..you got 220bhp from just a stage one map on your 170bhp golf ? Thats awesome.

haha story of my life, My B6 Cab is a slouch at 163bhp and on 20's !

So sorry for the thread jack Sonny. If you want, i can delete my post..

All rattle cans too
Me brembo calipers on my bike .i used caliper paint from halfrauds
Class smooth finish

Car was already maped prior to me getting it so i cant comment

Anyways i say yellow for your calipers.
I know its dtm..but what size are your discs
Big brakes with nice colours look great...you want them to stand out...say look at me

Small brake set ups...like my crap things
You want to hide because yor embarrased

I have a Blue cab with full Black leather interior. I am doing my calipers in black. Will go with my Black theme I have going on. ImageImage

nope none of those, i'd go with a graphite or dark bronze colour on a blue car, need to be a sutle colour nothing too bright.

Like that a lot Ian!

Craig...haha yes the latter is me as I wont be going for 'loud' calliper paint as im on 20's and havent done the big break conversion *embarrassed face*

Are you painting them yourself ?
If you are rub them down and do a good job...dont just paint ontop of a **** finish...you cant polish a ****

And you will see any imperfections under the paint

DTM's have the drilled/vented 320mm disks and S4 size calipers but carriers for the 320mm disk not the larger 345mm items, same caliper though, same setup as found on the 220 special editions.

I'd say try to match em with the car and paint em sprint blue, or if you want to be noticed go for yellow

Looks like I'm going to get some stick for this! Did seriously think about yellow.

Got the quad exhaust done satin black as well.

P1190413

Reactions: DrStrange and Stanningtonglen
Here's my red on sprint, yellow looks good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for ur replies guys

these are how my calipers look. i want to freshen them up. i think yellow would look nice against the blue but i dont want to be wrong

IMG_2428_zpsmcdtajjk.jpg

IMG_2427_zpsapzkk1jh.jpg

they are big but not massive,

IMHO, yellow will look a bit naf.

We are all divided but im going with a different shade of blue. ;-P