What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Had this at the unit other day.
Stunning car. Only 700miles on the clock.
Single stage polish for the most part but quite a few scratches on the front bumper that needed cutting.
Carpro cquartz on the paint, carbon collective platinum wheels on the wheels, gtecniq G1 I think it's called, on the glass.
My RS3 felt like a tin can after spending a bit of time in the BMW. 503bhp too. Crazy.
2e0ed95e5ba4a8ef9b462ad34c25a09d.jpg
cabe3d29656cda44a2fac40f442705e4.jpg
a3e08eb879ca0f92eee2644232ca875c.jpg
2f5af3f70b8cc28eb6de7e0337fb1347.jpg
e07a737bd09cd5105bc574cea88b8bc2.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jassyo06, V6_Man and 2 others
Curious to see people’s thoughts on any of the products from Auto Finesse? I don’t really see anyone buying there products on here, but they have a massive range and seem to sell bucket loads. Has anyone any recommendations from the range?
Auto Finesse are a product range of which most people start out with when they're just new to detailing....then soon move on...
Or buy if they're on a budget

Reactions: SPIKE_, Adam14 and RS03_SEN
Curious to see people’s thoughts on any of the products from Auto Finesse? I don’t really see anyone buying there products on here, but they have a massive range and seem to sell bucket loads. Has anyone any recommendations from the range?
I also only use Tripple. I've tried their other stuff but it is pretty mediocre to be honest. (Avalanche SF, Lather shampoo, verso APC)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPIKE_, Bristle Hound and RS03_SEN
I also only use Tripple. I've tried their other stuff but it is pretty mediocre to be honest. (Avalanche SF, Lather shampoo, verso APC)

Expensive too I think. Lather and avalanche in particular.

Reactions: Adam14
Tripple. That's all I use.
@RS03_SEN - Likewise. A fab product IMHO
Single stage polish for the most part but quite a few scratches on the front bumper that needed cutting.
Carpro cquartz on the paint, carbon collective platinum wheels on the wheels, gtecniq G1 I think it's called, on the glass.
My RS3 felt like a tin can after spending a bit of time in the BMW. 503bhp too. Crazy.

Great work buddy - looks stunning !

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Expensive too I think. Lather and avalanche in particular.

Certainly are! I've finally used up both those products as unfortunately once bought have to be used
BH auto foam now and Gyeon bathe next on the cards.

Certainly are! I've finally used up both those products as unfortunately once bought have to be used
BH auto foam now and Gyeon bathe next on the cards.

Think the avalanche I had lasted about 5 washes. The BH auto foam costs not much different if I remember right but comes in 5L.

Think the avalanche I had lasted about 5 washes. The BH auto foam costs not much different if I remember right but comes in 5L.

Yeah they recommend about 2 inches in a bottle (AF) which is about 200 ml so 5 washes. Think BH as you say, 4.5L for about £12-15 and use a lot less.

Forgot to mention l got some Kamikaze Myabi Coat on BF £72-50, Similar product to Fireball Nano Coat...but this time it's not out of date....Roll on Spring,maybe a product @X3man You'd be interested in.....its not a ceramic coating and its not a ceramic wax mate...durability looks good

Hmm, will take a look mate

Great work mate! Those X3MC’s are beasts, but my mini beast M40i is not bad @ 360bhp

f62791b74096ef0ef6358ab00e084bfc.jpg
a7675fe1ba614d4a5ee45dc569ef0ff0.jpg
4a9eabf67619bf6b235bce37fd35e326.plist
f0e77a9e129269007252ea971a4404dd.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Scotty75
So Nev , seems you're not the only one that's had repairs done . Second time this year for us. SWIMBO went to Sainsbury's last month and some one didn't stop at the runabout , straight in the back of the A3.

Light damage but still a 2.5k bill . New rear bumper , new rear centre grill , bumper cover , repair to lower trail gate and respray to rear and rear side left and right. A3 has been in for two weeks . Also having two alloys refurbished thanks to SWIMBO

Haven't seen the finished article yet , hoping its a good job . I'll be out with a fine tooth comb later.

On another note , glad I didn't get round to the ceramic coat I bought from @jassyo06. Everything happens for a reason I guess . Looking forward to the spring and getting it done . Thanks to the repair work some imperfections I want happy with should now be gone .

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Oh no scotty!!! Not liking your comments. Nightmare

Luckily this time the offender was decent enough to stop save leave details for insurance .

Cars been delivered to home so just wait and see .......

We've had a Volvo V60 T5 the last couple of weeks , 69 plate . Loads of gadgets but boring car .

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
So Nev , seems you're not the only one that's had repairs done . Second time this year for us. SWIMBO went to Sainsbury's last month and some one didn't stop at the runabout , straight in the back of the A3.

Light damage but still a 2.5k bill . New rear bumper , new rear centre grill , bumper cover , repair to lower trail gate and respray to rear and rear side left and right. A3 has been in for two weeks . Also having two alloys refurbished thanks to SWIMBO

Haven't seen the finished article yet , hoping its a good job . I'll be out with a fine tooth comb later.

On another note , glad I didn't get round to the ceramic coat I bought from @jassyo06. Everything happens for a reason I guess . Looking forward to the spring and getting it done . Thanks to the repair work some imperfections I want happy with should now be gone .

No @Scotty75, Nov/Dec this year has been filled with news of minor to major accidents where ever I go/read about it. Glad Mrs. is OK - car will eventually get fixed.

Reactions: Scotty75

Absolutely gutting mate! Sorry to hear this but thankfully as you say they stopped and done the right thing!

I had an interesting event happen the other week on the way to work, near where I park you go down some residential streets, this one as you turn in there's rows of parked cars on both sides of the road. Now cars coming the other way are blocking me getting passed, not a problem I waited.
Then someone at the back as the queue was clearing decided to reverse back to let me through (what a nice thing) however he went flying backwards so fast and tried to reverse behind a parked car he ended up t boning the car.

Later on when coming home I saw there was a nasty dent in the side of the car, knocked on doors nearby and found the owner of the car, she'd seen the damage but no note was left. I gave her a copy of my dashcam footage so she's following up with the police!

Reactions: Pinky1959, josul and Scotty75

@Scotty75 - Sorry to hear the bad news buddy :(
Main thing is your good lady was ok

No @Scotty75, Nov/Dec this year has been filled with news of minor to major accidents where ever I go/read about it. Glad Mrs. is OK - car will eventually get fixed.
Thanks mate , truthfully it was a only a small collision according to the missus. She even felt guilty for claiming but glad she did with that repair bill ,the car is back today so itching to take a look at the work done .

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06

Was just wondering where you've been ya hermit lol sorry about the bump mate...hopefully the repair will be goodun

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and V6_Man

Love that Blue colour classy looking nice job as well

Reactions: NevMan and RS03_SEN
Was just wondering where you've been ya hermit lol sorry about the bump mate...hopefully the repair will be goodun
All sorts been going on mate , graft at the top of that list as usual though . How you been ?

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Love that Blue colour classy looking nice job as well
I would definitely go for that colour myself. Thanks a lot. The guys wife was well pleased with it so everyone was happy!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
All sorts been going on mate , graft at the top of that list as usual though . How you been ?
Been better mate...just in the process of buying the new Pioneer lx704...fancy it in silver for a change...

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
I would definitely go for that colour myself. Thanks a lot. The guys wife was well pleased with it so everyone was happy!

My son Jordan told the name of that paint Pythonic Blue....just nickname the car Monty lol

Reactions: NevMan, RS03_SEN and Scotty75
Been better mate...just in the process of buying the new Pioneer lx704...fancy it in silver for a change...
and I thought I was bad for ma toys...... See you got the Sammy too Whatever happened with the sub ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
and I thought I was bad for ma toys...... See you got the Sammy too Whatever happened with the sub ?
Still got them both and still waiting on RS replacing one...just put a deposit down on a Sliver lx704 from Audio Emotion in fyffe...this afternoon lol it should be with me just before xmas mate and yeah got the Sammy Q90r 75" stunning tv .....traded in the Lx701

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Well just got home from work and had a quick look at the A3 ...... But dark to be fair. Repairs and paintwork look fine ....... but

The wash and polish is s*** . Used my phone torch and there are swirls galore and polish residue in the seams . Smeary too , effin amateurs

Also noticed the new rear bumper seems to have a more sharp prominent contour across the width of the bumper as you come away from tailgate . I'm sure the original one want like that . Wondering d if it's a face lift bumper ?

@Scotty75 - Hoping that you are able to reassess the repair in the morning in the daylight
Might not be as bad as you think buddy
Let us know

Being honest I think the repairs look fine . Pretty sure they've hand polished as opposed to machine . Nothing I can't deal with , just a tad annoying .

As you say , will see in daylight .

Reactions: V6_Man
Well just got home from work and had a quick look at the A3 ...... But dark to be fair. Repairs and paintwork look fine ....... but

The wash and polish is s*** . Used my phone torch and there are swirls galore and polish residue in the seams . Smeary too , effin amateurs

Typical! I was worried about that with mine, but I went over there and they showed me the car in the workshop under lights, couldn’t fault, as hard as I tried

d02fc7c724b34f06bcea78e11c3968b0.jpg
6412bea5c1f0330a2ad3ea5b0a58d070.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Didn't even get the option . Silly us just went with the insurers repairer. Been pressed for time lately so took the easy route .......

In hindsight .....

Didn't even get the option . Silly us just went with the insurers repairer. Been pressed for time lately so took the easy route .......

In hindsight .....

Ah. They offered to deliver, but wanted to see it there, and was all ready to reject and have a mini rant at the awful workmanship, swirls, marrs, blah blah blah...they shut me right up.

A quality outfit, Cotswold Bodyshop

Just another excuse to properly correct and coat Scotty.

As others said (my bad) glad the Mrs was ok

Thanks Nev, gladly she was fine . Looks like your boys did a great job on the M40i.

Got to say , really I've come out on op as the new bumper, diffuser and respray have sorted some cosmetics that were really annoying . Like you say , good excuse to get the Das 6 pro + out though this weekend looks like a washout down here .

Bring on spring ........ The Gyeon will be going on

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Jassyo06