What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Tyre dressing, oh my here we go again. Just about to put an order in for some Gyon satin and a Purstar drying cloth. Never used tyre dressing before but always a first time for everything...

Edit: Order placed...

Mate, you have become a properly serious (addicted) detailer like the rest of us, but your results do speak for themselves Your dash cams sorted yet? I am going to get F770 Thinkware and Audi OEM reversing camera and coding installed by @DJAlix in a few weeks time

Reactions: cuke2u
Hopefully my results speak for themself but thanks q5man, I appreciate your comments a lot.
No the dashcam hasn't worked in park mode at all again this week, the installer is coming again on tuesday. But that's a topic for another thread...

Reactions: NevMan
Hi Guys, new to Audi-sport and need some advice (hopefully im on the right thread) Just had my Q5 Daytona Pearl Grey Ceramic Coated the week before and wanted to wash it today but someone said i shouldnt be using Autoglym shampoo as it may strip some of the protective coating, Is this correct? Shame if so as i have 2 huge autoglym packs hardly and never used. So ive went out and bought some Auto Finesse snow foam etc, but would like some proper advice if you could

Tyre dressing, oh my here we go again. Just about to put an order in for some Gyon satin and a Purstar drying cloth. Never used tyre dressing before but always a first time for everything...

Edit: Order placed...

Purestar is very very good and without the lint that the softer fluffier ones give off....."lint is especially noticeable on privacy glass"just use the Matador method and it'll dry yer car in less than 5 mins it will feel slightly courser straight out the bag....its safe to use straight out the bag

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan
Hi Guys, new to Audi-sport and need some advice (hopefully im on the right thread) Just had my Q5 Daytona Pearl Grey Ceramic Coated the week before and wanted to wash it today but someone said i shouldnt be using Autoglym shampoo as it may strip some of the protective coating, Is this correct? Shame if so as i have 2 huge autoglym packs hardly and never used. So ive went out and bought some Auto Finesse snow foam etc, but would like some proper advice if you could

What ceramic coating was applied to your car mate

Right.........Gyeon Wet Coat....Not really sold on it...........had the a day off work this week...well l actually had 2 days...........cant be ***** with work the moment......lol...anyway l washed my wee mums Daytona A1...it had'nt been cleaned in over a month.............So used Angelwax citrus pre-wash as a snow foam...........guys if your car is very dirty use this stuff as a snow foam... it's ****** brilliant........washed with Gyeon Bathe........dried off with the Purestar drying towel....began to wax the the bonnet with AG's UHD wax.....then rain abandoned that........so fired on the wet coat instead.....the difference in beading on the bonnet between the Wet Coat and the wax was very significant..........and i had used the DA on the bonnet so the 2 products where applied on to blank canvass so to speak.....as l said before the Fireball Premium Easy coat....does a better job,also if your looking for a car shampoo that will really really clean/strip, go with Gyeon Bathe....as its virtually stripped the wet coat off my car after just one wash.....l knew it was a strong shampoo in the back of my mind....as its reduced the beading on all of the waxes i have in my bag...UHD,Fireball

Right.........Gyeon Wet Coat....Not really sold on it...........had the a day off work this week...well l actually had 2 days...........cant be ***** with work the moment......lol...anyway l washed my wee mums Daytona A1...it had'nt been cleaned in over a month.............So used Angelwax citrus pre-wash as a snow foam...........guys if your car is very dirty use this stuff as a snow foam... it's ****** brilliant........washed with Gyeon Bathe........dried off with the Purestar drying towel....began to wax the the bonnet with AG's UHD wax.....then rain abandoned that........so fired on the wet coat instead.....the difference in beading on the bonnet between the Wet Coat and the wax was very significant..........and i had used the DA on the bonnet so the 2 products where applied on to blank canvass so to speak.....as l said before the Fireball Premium Easy coat....does a better job,also if your looking for a car shampoo that will really really clean/strip, go with Gyeon Bathe....as its virtually stripped the wet coat off my car after just one wash.....l knew it was a strong shampoo in the back of my mind....as its reduced the beading on all of the waxes i have in my bag...UHD,Fireball

Mate, know the feeling can’t be ***** with work!
Nice write up there, might look into getting one of these purestar drying towels. Have a couple CG Wooly Mammoth that do the job well, but get pretty heavy with water, and cannot really wring out, so end up using two (half and half). Have Valet Pro Citrus prewash, and BH. How does AngelWax compare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny you should say this as i bought the Gyeon wet coat earlier this week....
washed the RS today then thought I’d apply it, however after watching the application demo wasn’t really convinced and it seemed a faff.

The pure star towels / wash mitt/sponge however I do like.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What ceramic coating was applied to your car mate
Something i cant cant answer right now, went away and left with a garage for them to do, ive just txt them to ask.

Just reading through some of the products you use, didnt realise how many produxts were out there (ive been blinkered to autoglym my whole life nearly), been out and bought a full kit of Auto Finesse today now wondering whether i should have been on here 1st for advice then ordered. What do you think of AF products

Last edited:
Something i cant cant answer right now, went away and left with a garage for them to do, ive just txt them to ask.

Just reading through some of the products you use, didnt realise how many produxts were out there (ive been blinkered to autoglym my whole life nearly), been out and bought a full kit of Auto Finesse today now wondering whether i should have been on here 1st for advice then ordered. What do you think of AF products
I haven't used Auto finesse products mate with a educated guess l would say most of their range is good and on par with some of the Autoglym ones

Funny you should say this as i bought the Gyeon wet coat earlier this week....
washed the RS today then thought I’d apply it, however after watching the application demo wasn’t really convinced and it seemed a faff.

The pure star towels / wash mitt/sponge however I do like.
At best it's a time saver mate if your battling against daylight hours or the onset of rain especially at this time year at least your getting some protective coating on the paint?

Reactions: T-800
Mate, know the feeling can’t be ***** with work!
Nice write up there, might look into getting one of these purestar drying towels. Have a couple CG Wooly Mammoth that do the job well, but get pretty heavy with water, and cannot really wring out, so end up using two (half and half). Have Valet Pro Citrus prewash, and BH. How does AngelWax compare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Angelwax citrus pre wash is ****** good l done a 60/40 mix and used it as a snowfoam, my mum's car was filthy it took 70/75% of the road grime off .. One thing that's good about the winter months you can let a prewash dwell longer without it drying out on the panels, l never liked valet pro that much it's doesn't off that much more cleaning power over a snow foam

Reactions: V6_Man
At best it's a time saver mate if your battling against daylight hours or the onset of rain especially at this time year at least your getting some protective coating on the paint?

Sticking with the Cure for now.

I like how easy it is to apply.

The car looks knockout after application.

Angelwax citrus pre wash is ****** good l done a 60/40 mix and used it as a snowfoam, my mum's car was filthy it took 70/75% of the road grime off .. One thing that's good about the winter months you can let a prewash dwell longer without it drying out on the panels, l never liked valet pro that much it's doesn't off that much more cleaning power over a snow foam

Tend to only use prewash when really dirty, but never really sure how defective it is, as BH Autofoam works so well

Tend to only use prewash when really dirty, but never really sure how defective it is, as BH Autofoam works so well

Have used the Bilt hamber several times mate.......l just dont rate it........as a winter snow foam........nor do l rate that ****** expensive Gyeon snow foam l got it's been used only twice

Sticking with the Cure for now.

I like how easy it is to apply.

The car looks knockout after application.

it's been ******* down most of the weekend up here mate....no time for QD's.............Cure leaves a lovely glossy finish but it's expensive......now for another comment on the wet coat.....3 bells.... so decided er indoors car needed a wash badly.........i had just enough wet coat left to apply to her car..........but noticed the product was actually congealing in the bottle like froth...it was noticeable from the day it got delivered....it began clog up the nozzle so l just emptied the small amount left in the bottle out on to the bonnet....it was like silicone in texture.....rubbed it into the bonnet and it left grease like marks on the paint,so used a clean cloth which in turn....took the marks away....4 cars out of a 500 ml bottle,not very cost effective.......and wont be buying Gyeon wet coat again,i will resort back to Fireball easy coat

Puting 2 and 2 together l think these Siloxane concoctions must have a limited shelf life..ie after a certain period of time they start to crystalise..I think the 2 500 ml bottles l got....sat on the shelf for a good bit of time as the litre bottles are the ones to go for and are better value for money......they where sold out when ordered

Reactions: T-800
Have used the Bilt hamber several times mate.......l just dont rate it........as a winter snow foam........nor do l rate that ****** expensive Gyeon snow foam l got it's been used only twice

I will see how it does when really dirty and salt. Also have autobrite snow foam that has always done a very good job

I will see how it does when really dirty and salt. Also have autobrite snow foam that has always done a very good job

Yer cars being ceramic coated you can dilute that little bit less mate.....as their only gonna last just under a year lol

Yer cars being ceramic coated you can dilute that little bit less mate.....as their only gonna last just under a year lol

Haha, we’ll see mate, winter could be telling

**** aff....mild n wet.......lol......you'll be wearing wellies most of the time anyways lol
just walked 14.4 miles today in constant rain and wind with 10 meters of visibility :readit::wtf:

green wellies for the green landy!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Mate, is this the Angelwax Cleanliness?

Ordered:

1 x AngelWax Cleanliness Citrus Pre Wash 1L.

1 x AngelWax Vision Glass Cleaner 500ml and H2Go Glass Sealant 250ml.

From www.Perfectlycleaned.co.uk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man

You keep on changing your mind about this stuff faster than my wife does about house furniture. Stick to one thing @jassyo06 , you know your reviews cost us poor lot money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered:

Nice one mate . I am not buying anymore stuff. It's winter season and can't be asked to wash the cars ...

Ordered:

You'll need some mild dry weather for the H2go to cure mate it won't in damp weather
Once you've prepared the windscreen do 2 coats of it on the the screen all the rest of the glass only needs one and that'll be you sorted for the winter

Nice one mate . I am not buying anymore stuff. It's winter season and can't be asked to wash the cars ...

Same here mate spent enough on the bit of junk lol
Besides I've spent £1000 bangers this last month on insurance, road tax and its getting its first inspection/service Friday was quoted £249 so enough is enough

Reactions: V6_Man
You'll need some mild dry weather for the H2go to cure mate it won't in damp weather
Once you've prepared the windscreen do 2 coats of it on the the screen all the rest of the glass only needs one and that'll be you sorted for the winter

Thanks mate, could struggle for that...mild dry weather. If not not the end of world as screen still exalting quite well.

Haha, famous last words. Don’t you dare or I will be all over you like a bad rash

Happy to try the AngelWax prewash as a lot of my winter washes will be decon, snowfoam, rinse and not dry anyway

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Haha, famous last words. Don’t you dare or I will be all over you like a bad rash

Happy to try the AngelWax prewash as a lot of my winter washes will be decon, snowfoam, rinse and not dry anyway

. OK, I take it back. Will wash the car and place at least 1 order

Thanks mate, could struggle for that...mild dry weather. If not not the end of world as screen still exalting quite well.
@q5man - With the H2Go I've found if you warm the windscreen up with the heater before you use it its helps application :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Jassyo06
@q5man - With the H2Go I've found if you warm the windscreen up with the heater before you use it its helps application :thumbs up:
Or cheaper still use a hairdryer, I've used a dryer on my tyres before dressing them, but atm i haven't applied tyre dressing for weeks as it keeps on ******* down just as l am washing my car

Arrived today:
 20181114 111732 1512x1322

Reactions: Audib5fan, Pook, V6_Man and 3 others
Or cheaper still use a hairdryer, I've used a dryer on my tyres before dressing them, but atm i haven't applied tyre dressing for weeks as it keeps on ******* down just as l am washing my car

You must get some seriously weird looks from your neighbours @jassyo06