What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Hoping to have a couple of days next week to have the wheels off and quartz coat my alloys (and to touch up the black brake disc guards which are corroding in a few places).

Gtechniq C5 seems to be the go to choice for many, so I’m planning to pick up the following for the job (I already have tar remover and BH Auto Wheels for the prep)...

- Gtechniq C5
- Gtechniq panel wipe
- Latex gloves
- Gtechniq C2V3 as a top coat for the C5
- Extra Gtechniq applicator pads

My questions are:
- Think I should probably get 30ml of C5 rather than 15ml as my wheels are 19” V spokes, and I’ll be doing the barrels as well as the wheel faces. Am I right?
- Anything else I need other than the list above?
- Instructions say leave 12 hours before getting wet, but how long before I can get the wheels back on the car? I’m planning to do 2 wheels a day, starting early doors and hoping to get the wheels back on the same evening to roll the car back into the garage rather than leaving it out on axle stands overnight. Thoughts on whether that would be ok? Or a complete no no to put the wheels back on the same day as the C5 won’t have cured sufficiently?
- Any other advice?

Cheers gents!

15ml bottles go along way mate, I’ve done two sets of my 19 inch alloys in the past and had abit left for possibly one more set

Reactions: Jimbob76
Hoping to have a couple of days next week to have the wheels off and quartz coat my alloys (and to touch up the black brake disc guards which are corroding in a few places).

Gtechniq C5 seems to be the go to choice for many, so I’m planning to pick up the following for the job (I already have tar remover and BH Auto Wheels for the prep)...

- Gtechniq C5
- Gtechniq panel wipe
- Latex gloves
- Gtechniq C2V3 as a top coat for the C5
- Extra Gtechniq applicator pads

My questions are:
- Think I should probably get 30ml of C5 rather than 15ml as my wheels are 19” V spokes, and I’ll be doing the barrels as well as the wheel faces. Am I right?
- Anything else I need other than the list above?
- Instructions say leave 12 hours before getting wet, but how long before I can get the wheels back on the car? I’m planning to do 2 wheels a day, starting early doors and hoping to get the wheels back on the same evening to roll the car back into the garage rather than leaving it out on axle stands overnight. Thoughts on whether that would be ok? Or a complete no no to put the wheels back on the same day as the C5 won’t have cured sufficiently?
- Any other advice?

Cheers gents!
Much depends on if you're coating inside and outside of the wheels mate . I did both and used nearly 25ml on my 18's.

Aside of that your list is good Cure time really is overnight before refitting the wheels though so that's s cruncher .....

Last edited:
You should be able to coat all 4 in a day and let them cure over night...use whatever improves curing time ie a ****** hairdryer....this stuff glides on....mate you'll coat a wheel in 10 mins....leave to cure a couple of hours...then refit...then repeat....

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Jimbob76
15ml bottles go along way mate, I’ve done two sets of my 19 inch alloys in the past and had abit left for possibly one more set

Much depends on if you're coating inside and outside of the wheels mate . I did both and used nearly 25ml on my 18's.

Aside of that your list is good Cure time really is overnight before refitting the wheels though so that's s cruncher .....

You should be able to coat all 4 in a day and let them cure over night...use whatever improves curing time ie a ****** hairdryer....this stuff glides on....mate you'll coat a wheel in 10 mins....leave to cure a couple of hours...then refit...then repeat....

Cheers fellas - appreciate the quick replies.

Gonna go for 30mls and reckon this should do all 4 wheels inside and out.

@jassyo06 - good to know they can go back on the car the same day. Was hoping as much. Reckon I’ll keep an eye on the forecast, pick a warm dry night and refit the wheels but not move the car back into the garage to avoid any brake dust getting on the rims. The missus will be at work so her hairdryer is gonna get repurposed without her knowledge, lol. If I had a full day to myself I’d go for all 4 in one day, but I’ll be managing two ankle biters on school holibobs at the same time - so the Toy Story box set can come out for a few hours, but then the guilt will kick in :grimacing: So I’m gonna jack up one side, pop the axle stands under and have 2 wheels off at a time.

Thanks again guys.

Reactions: DW81
Order placed...

46257AEA 76C9 4DA3 81AF A37ECA99020B

Reactions: SPIKE_, Jassyo06, V6_Man and 2 others
Reactions: Jimbob76 and Scotty75
Cheers fellas - appreciate the quick replies.

Gonna go for 30mls and reckon this should do all 4 wheels inside and out.

@jassyo06 - good to know they can go back on the car the same day. Was hoping as much. Reckon I’ll keep an eye on the forecast, pick a warm dry night and refit the wheels but not move the car back into the garage to avoid any brake dust getting on the rims. The missus will be at work so her hairdryer is gonna get repurposed without her knowledge, lol. If I had a full day to myself I’d go for all 4 in one day, but I’ll be managing two ankle biters on school holibobs at the same time - so the Toy Story box set can come out for a few hours, but then the guilt will kick in :grimacing: So I’m gonna jack up one side, pop the axle stands under and have 2 wheels off at a time.

Thanks again guys.
To be fair I had all four wheels in the kitchen as they were brand new . Hence left overnight . This trine of year very they cure much faster .

Curious , anyone used Gyeon Cure on ceramic coated wheels ?

To be fair I had all four wheels in the kitchen as they were brand new . Hence left overnight . This trine of year very they cure much faster .

Curious , anyone used Gyeon Cure on ceramic coated wheels ?

Not cure, but I have c5 on my summers and carpro cq 3.0 and gliss on winters (2 coats of cq and 2 of gliss). Both products (c5 and carpro) were easy to apply. I don't really notice much difference in ease of cleaning between the c5 and cq/iss in all honesty. For me they both need a contact wash to dislodge brake dust if left over a week. Barrels definatly easier to keep clean than before coatings applied (I have limited clearance at the front around discs and callipers so getting the barrels clean is still a pita but much better than pre coating). For a lsp topper the most I do is a squirt of wet coat or equivenent if I remember. It really doesn't seem to add much tho and was certainly no better/worse than faffing around with reload/c2v3 etc. As soon as the dust is off the surface the properties of the ceramic of both products is pretty good. A lsp over the ceramic hasn't seemed to delay the build up of brake dust or made it easier to clean for me. Have to say on balance coated wheels have been much easier to keep tidy than I expected - a worth while investment of time and product for me.

Reactions: Pook, V6_Man, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Nice haul mate Was just about to suggest Kamikaze Stance, as that is supposed to be the b*llocks, but it is pricey.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kamikaze-collection/stance-rim-coat-30ml.aspx

I am gonna get this for M40i, but did use C5 for Q5, and that is good stuff

I did consider the Kamikaze Stance option mate - and good shout - liking the sound of a lot of their stuff. Gonna cut ma teeth on the non premium shizzle though. How are you enjoying X3 M40i life mate? Get some pics of the beast on here pal, we all wanna see ‘em!

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Think alloy ceramic coatings are great for difficult to clean wheels ie more ornate designs...my wheels are a doddle to clean...and l just spray some hydrophobic solution on them and it leaves the same finish as it does on paintwork

Reactions: Scotty75
Arrived today for the cloth, trims, carpets and mats.

See if it's any better than the other stuff I had for the fabrics.

IMG 20190806 154814

If anyone is interested, Amazon doing AG Polar Blast S/F for £13.97:

a67151dd7f1ba18f66994ba455c8a825.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Scotty75
This lot arrived today.
Seal Feed
CGQ he'd logic White
20 Gtechniq Zero R MF's

....... And a box to put it in
93ee7da0688d8ccccec715f2895ca68b.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Pook, Bryant1998 and 1 other person
This lot arrived today.
Seal Feed
CGQ he'd logic White
20 Gtechniq Zero R MF's

I really want some seal feed but I’ve drawn the line, it’s too pricey. I’d suggest a bottle would literally last me 10 years but still.

I really want some seal feed but I’ve drawn the line, it’s too pricey. I’d suggest a bottle would literally last me 10 years but still.
To be honest mate , I've been debating the Seal Feed fur ages. Had a little windfall so thought why not. As you said it'll last years.

Reactions: Pook
To be honest mate , I've been debating the Seal Feed fur ages. Had a little windfall so thought why not. As you said it'll last years.
Seal Feed is worth every penny mate,apply before you coat the car though it can get a little messy with its application,also open the doors to apply to the rubber, easier to apply and less risk of mess....if you can get 2 coats on the seals all the better.....clean the rubber seals with a 70/30 mix of ipa ie 30% ipa,70% water....this will remove more born in dirt than a car shampoo will not...and itll prime the rubber for sealing,also use the ipa to clean off any excess product you get on the glass or paint....you'll be chuffed with results and dont forget to take before and after photos......

Reactions: Scotty75, Pook and NevMan
Seal Feed is worth every penny mate,apply before you coat the car though it can get a little messy with its application,also open the doors to apply to the rubber, easier to apply and less risk of mess....if you can get 2 coats on the seals all the better.....clean the rubber seals with a 70/30 mix of ipa ie 30% ipa,70% water....this will remove more born in dirt than a car shampoo will not...and itll prime the rubber for sealing,also use the ipa to clean off any excess product you get on the glass or paint....you'll be chuffed with results and dont forget to take before and after photos......

+1. @jassyo06 put me onto this (who else), it is a quality product and will last ages, but also lasts ages on seals and rubber

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Sounds like good advice mate Should just about have enough IPA to do the job Huge bottle ya sent down . To be honest the seals aren't in bad condition at all but I'm keen to keep them that way.

Have used Gummi Phledge but the effect from that seems so , so and a little messy / foamy in application.

Got an ever increasing work load , excluding the interior . This detail is going to be epic. You lot don't need me to remind you of the steps but there are many. I am looking forward to the end results.

In two minds whether to get the paint correction done along with the stone chips, seals and scuttle in advance of the weekend I end up doing the Syncro.

Doing wash , prep , correction , chips , seals and two coats of MOHS in one day .......... Tall order ??

Gonna need a new camera for all these before and afters

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Sounds like good advice mate Should just about have enough IPA to do the job Huge bottle ya sent down . To be honest the seals aren't in bag condition at all but I'm keen to keep them that way.

Have used Gummi Phledge but the effect from that seems so , so and a little messy / foamy in application.

Got an ever increasing work load , excluding the interior . This detail is going to be epic. You lot don't need me to remind you of the steps but there are many. I am looking forward to the end results.

In two minds whether to get the paint correction done along with the stone chips, seals and scuttle in advance of the weekend I end up doing the Syncro.

Doing wash , prep , correction , chips , seals and two coats of MOHS in one day .......... Tall order ??

Gonna need a new camera for all these before and afters

Scotty, I would personally do a decon and wash and chips at a different time to the correction and ceramic

Debated that Nev bit worry that the correction may remove the chip repairs . One upside of applying the Syncro is it will protect the chip repairs .

Reactions: NevMan
Debated that Nev bit worry that the correction may remove the chip repairs . One upside of applying the Syncro is it will protect the chip repairs .

I did a chip repair on the Q5 (door handle) and applied a few black coats over a number of days and polished between and then top coat with polish again, struggled to see it. Whatever works for you

That's good to know Nev. Quite likely I may have to seperate the process due to time limits .

Reactions: NevMan
Now I know what you're thinking......... That ain't a detailing product ! No it's not........... But when you've developed a bit of a compulsion for all things detailing , one must keep SWIMBO on the good side . Call it a long term investment Oh and guide all receipts
4bd1b02209ad0e2824862fac079f9008.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
Now I know what you're thinking......... That ain't a detailing product ! No it's not........... But when you've developed a bit of a compulsion for all things detailing , one must keep SWIMBO on the good side . Call it a long term investment Oh and guide all receipts
4bd1b02209ad0e2824862fac079f9008.jpg
Yer Conscience bothering ye was it...lol all in the same boat...See that 77" OLED...that l havnt even purchased yet....That cost me a new ******....kitchen....to be fitted whilst am away on holiday next month....New TV in the January sales...

Reactions: Bulldog, NevMan, Scotty75 and 1 other person
This lot arrived today.
Seal Feed
CGQ he'd logic White
20 Gtechniq Zero R MF's

Not a silly question trust me but why did you buy a White Hex logic pad

Now I know what you're thinking......... That ain't a detailing product ! No it's not........... But when you've developed a bit of a compulsion for all things detailing , one must keep SWIMBO on the good side . Call it a long term investment

Very sensible mate - the hidden cost of detailing! BTW, what does the I in SWIMBO stand for pal? Instantly? If so it sounds like your gal has raised the stakes from the regular SWMBO - and more power to her, lol :tearsofjoy:

You’ve done the right thing, now go and shred the receipt for your Seal Feed, or she’ll be after the latest phone to go with the watch as well buster!

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Scotty75
Yer Conscience bothering ye was it...lol all in the same boat...See that 77" OLED...that l havnt even purchased yet....That cost me a new ******....kitchen....to be fitted whilst am away on holiday next month....New TV in the January sales...
May have been a little bit of conscience Got to box clever mate . Learnt a thing or two over the years . Happy wife = happy life

Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man, Pinky1959 and 1 other person
Not a silly question trust me but why did you buy a White Hex logic pad
Thinking is this .

Paint correction , two stage , yellow and green pads . Sonax cut max , then Menzerna 3800.

Most likely going to be a gap between that and doing ceramic , Syncro
Once I'm ready or have time to do the Syncro it'll be usual wash and prep. Single stage fine polish with Menzerna 3800 and hex white pad , followed by IPA then Syncro.

Make sense ? Open to advice mate sad always

Very sensible mate - the hidden cost of detailing! BTW, what does the I in SWIMBO stand for pal? Instantly? If so it sounds like your gal has raised the stakes from the regular SWMBO - and more power to her, lol :tearsofjoy:

You’ve done the right thing, now go and shred the receipt for your Seal Feed, or she’ll be after the latest phone to go with the watch as well buster!
Lol. Gave her the sales pitch for seal Feed this evening Sold

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Jimbob76
@jimbo76 , how's the garage project going mate ?

Slowly buster (thanks for asking), particularly this week as on hols with the family (bucket and spade job in Norfolk).

Took me an age to get around this corner of the garage - v fiddly!

7D1CD67F E3A8 45C5 BE00 9EC9BAB411E1

I’m my own worst enemy though - I’m not chasing perfection, but certain standards have to be met - hence I haven’t just painted around wall sockets and wiring, it’s all come off, painting done and then refitted. And all the pipe work lagging was fecked, so that’s all been replaced, properly this time. OCD for a garage I know, but none of us on here are ‘normal’ when it comes to attention to detail. Painting concrete breeze block is a major PITA - no roller action, just 3 coats of stippling in with a brush. Tedious, but I’m getting the finish I want slowly but surely.

It’s the main reason why I’ve been a bit quiet on the forum recently mate - trying to snatch a few hours here and there on top of the day job means slow going. Will be worth it in the end, I’m about two-thirds of the way there now with the decorating and have next week off as well, but at home, so gonna tick off a few more jobs on the list:

- Have plans to fit the tall kitchen cupboard I’ve blagged off a neighbour who is replacing their kitchen to store the K4, Raceglaze, Dyson, Microfibre boxes (the MF boxes might get demoted for a small beer fridge fitted inside the kitchen unit though :whistle2:). The unit needs modifying to fit around low level gas/water pipes - easy enough to do and will gain me extra space
- Door and door frame into the house needs de-greasing and painting
- Looking forward to fitting my new retro metal signs (Martini Racing Team, Gulf Motor Racing, Michelin Man etc)
- Get a couple of outfits round to discuss options/quote for new electric remote control roller garage doors
- Hope for a couple of days of dry weather to get the alloys off the car and ceramic coat them

Once I’ve got a plan for the garage doors and have ticked off the list above, I can then turn my attention to tiling the floor with commercial porcelain tiles, and finishing with a bit of skirting board down the long walls.

Keeping a vision in mind of horrible cold winter nights, and rocking up at home, hitting the garage door remote from inside the car and rolling straight into my man cave!

You did ask!

Last edited:
Reactions: OCDaveS4, Adam14, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Lol . Mate , like v they say . You get put what you put in . That'll be a nice space once finished . Got to be said that's quite a corner to deal with Enjoy the rest of your holiday mate

Reactions: V6_Man and Jimbob76
Just ordered an Aquagleam 30ppm inline filter for final rinse . Rated for arund 30 washes so readily a year or just over of use. Couldve gone for 0ppm but they clog too quickly in harder water areas.

£64 from Ultimate finish so not a bad entry into using flittered water for rinsing. Thought about the Vyair type setup but that route isn't cheap as some of you well know .

@jassyo06.
Am I right in thinking you posted a while back about Seal Feed mate. Something sanity being able to use it on plastics ?

Pricey stuff so looking forward to seeing the results of what it can do .

Used this product on my car when I did the slims detailing course. Even the tutor said the product will be gone by the morning. Looks great when applied but probably more of a wow factor product for when your customer turns up to collect their car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used this product on my car when I did the slims detailing course. Even the tutor said the product will be gone by the morning. Looks great when applied but probably more of a wow factor product for when your customer turns up to collect their car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use this too, and whilst pricey, it does last ****** ages. Apply on JCW scuttle and rubber areas and keeps it black as opposed to grey’ish look

Just ordered an Aquagleam 30ppm inline filter for final rinse . Rated for arund 30 washes so readily a year or just over of use. Couldve gone for 0ppm but they clog too quickly in harder water areas.

£64 from Ultimate finish so not a bad entry into using flittered water for rinsing. Thought about the Vyair type setup but that route isn't cheap as some of you well know .

Respect Scotty but having done the same - 30 and then 0 - and finding 12-months effective max with not so many rinses:

Aqua Gleam De chlorinator

Last August I threw 'em away and went Raceglaze - £117 with bracket and connectors delivered - and use this several times weekly on car and/or downstairs windows and still perfect.

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan