What did you do to your audi today

Looks nice identical to mine but mines silver and 2.0tdi mines not black edition either

They are lovely cars , especially the flat steering wheel just need to fit my dash cam , change the emblems to gloss back, rear tints. Thats should do it for me. Maybe a Remap after a year once warranty expires

They are lovely cars , especially the flat steering wheel just need to fit my dash cam , change the emblems to gloss back, rear tints. Thats should do it for me. Maybe a Remap after a year once warranty expires
Like this gloss black badges front, back and side. De-badged some at the rear. Tinted rear section. Oh and dash cam fitted
b2d56fdafb5ce99979fc69175e2062c6.jpg
4c9df28b5479497868567d58a6e55216.jpg
c6db3979fc9a35672b483d85ac2d1f2d.jpg
f16f2cd99a3c3a3968d7d24f982cd658.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man and RS5 JON
Like this gloss black badges front, back and side. De-badged some at the rear. Tinted rear section. Oh and dash cam fitted
b2d56fdafb5ce99979fc69175e2062c6.jpg
4c9df28b5479497868567d58a6e55216.jpg
c6db3979fc9a35672b483d85ac2d1f2d.jpg
f16f2cd99a3c3a3968d7d24f982cd658.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hahahha - exactly like that ! What a copy it will be. Ive got a private plate too il put on too.

Il be changing the fogs to match the headlights - do you know what colour temprature they are to match ?

Also interior bulb change to white

Interior leds changed to white.

My black edition does not have footwell lights, puddle lights, and no lights behind the reflectors , is this normal ?

Attachments

• F1220202-6E83-4D40-A408-AAD5F2850CBC.jpeg
    F1220202-6E83-4D40-A408-AAD5F2850CBC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
Reactions: Marky007
Interior leds changed to white.

My black edition does not have footwell lights, puddle lights, and no lights behind the reflectors , is this normal ?
Well, with Audi nothing comes as a surprise anymore...
Anyway, that a very quick fix and only a retrofit away...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well, with Audi nothing comes as a surprise anymore...
Anyway, that a very quick fix and only a retrofit away...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Theres my £16 gone , so now ive got spare bulbs which i cant use lol

Im going to leave out the retrofits and stick with the little touches - window tints , number plate (3d) debadge and may be dual exit.

Reactions: DickoB8
That’s a coincidence I also fitted some of these ^^^ today what a difference they have made especially with the non stop rain today! I picked mine up from eurocarparts for £21.50 with the current discount

Reactions: Marky007 and GAS MONKEY
6a36990212aa12f946c2af226325a6a1.jpg

Loving these lighter nights all cleaned ready for some new rubber on the back tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: InvincibleA3
Hi guys I ve managed to install a 'lip' spoiler on the car looks good plus the car gained 15 bhp at least:greyrs4::icon thumright:

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    471.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: InvincibleA3, Bulldog, countwilliam and 3 others
Looks the part that :icon thumright:

Increases downforce so now your front wheels will get more traction which contributes to the extra power... or it just looks cool :playful:

Reactions: IRONy_MAN

Increases downforce so now your front wheels will get more traction which contributes to the extra power... or it just looks cool :playful:
Plus of course it re-channels more cooling air into the engine bay, so probably an extra 30BHP.

Reactions: DieselJake and IRONy_MAN
:yes: Well I didn t want to show off here by laying my knowledge about down-force and handling but now as you started..yes it s all true...maybe I ll get one of these apr or revo stickers because,apparently you gain at least 5-10 bhp

Yes. Full EBC package. Wanted the USR ones that are just slotted but they were not in stock and Euro car parts knocked a bit off the GD disks to tempt me to get the ones they had... And I caved.

Played with the idea of big brake upgrade but figured some proper pads and frilly disks would be good enough.

Reactions: RS5 JON and V6_Man
Yes. Full EBC package. Wanted the USR ones that are just slotted but they were not in stock and Euro car parts knocked a bit off the GD disks to tempt me to get the ones they had... And I caved.

Played with the idea of big brake upgrade but figured some proper pads and frilly disks would be good enough.

Interesting. Would be really interested to hear your thoughts on EBC GD as I have read all sorts of reviews about them and hence why I went for USRs with Redstuff myself. These look the part though

Will be interesting to hear your feedback on the after a few weeks of use. Are you stage 1/2?
I'm thinking of going with the Q5 calipers and better discs pads (currently looking at brembo).

100_3447-1.jpg

I did have the USR set on my MK3 Mondeo ST and the experience was that bad I'm still not sure how I convinced myself to spend stupid amounts on frilly brakes again. They warped and gave nothing but very bad judder from about 1000 miles till I had to get rid after about 30k(I did 60k a year of motorway miles so these were not really disks with 30k use). During this time I had them skimmed the knuckles replaced on the car and new set of pads after the skim, I did everything to sort the problem... A full set of mintex pads and disks sorted it in the end.

As for the Q5 big brake upgrade being better.... I Couldn't find anything that said it was.. at least not enough to justify the cost.

The force applied to the brakes comes from your master cylinder and changing the caliper will not increase this. Obviously the larger surface area from pads and disks will have benefits along with leverage from the increase in diameter. But add the pretty substantial weight increase from the larger set up to unsprung mass along with the change in brake bias and I could not come up with an answer that said it was better with the Q5 brakes..... In the end I had too much info and I'm not smart enough to sort through it.

But I can be honest with myself in that most of what I do is for the looks as I don't race/track the car and never pushed my car hard enough to date even with stage 1 to find anything wrong with the brakes I had.

But I needed new ones. I can confirm they definitely have less brake dust and look good but have an increase in "swooshing" only noticeable when driving next to a wall or similar. I hope if I do push they will feel like they have more stopping power and less fade if I get them hot enough... I'll update after a few thousand miles but I'm pretty sure my answer will be they still look good with less dust.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Chets and V6_Man
100_3447-1.jpg

I did have the USR set on my MK3 Mondeo ST and the experience was that bad I'm still not sure how I convinced myself to spend stupid amounts on frilly brakes again. They warped and gave nothing but very bad judder from about 1000 miles till I had to get rid after about 30k(I did 60k a year of motorway miles so these were not really disks with 30k use). During this time I had them skimmed the knuckles replaced on the car and new set of pads after the skim, I did everything to sort the problem... A full set of mintex pads and disks sorted it in the end.

As for the Q5 big brake upgrade.... I Couldn't find anything that said it was.

The force applied to the brakes comes from your master cylinder and changing the caliper will not increase this. Obviously the larger surface area from pads and disks will have benefits along with leverage from the increase in diameter. But add the pretty substantial weight increase from the larger set up to unsprung mass along with the change in brake bias and I could not come up with an answer that said it was better with the Q5 brakes..... In the end I had too much info and I'm not smart enough to sort through it.

But I can be honest with myself in that most of what I do is for the looks as I don't race/track the car and never pushed my car hard enough to date even with stage 1 to find anything wrong with the brakes I had.

But I needed new ones. I can confirm they definitely have less brake dust and look good but have an increase in "swooshing" only noticeable when driving next to a wall or similar. I hope if I do push they will feel like they have more stopping power and less fade if I get them hot enough... I'll update after a few thousand miles but I'm pretty sure my answer will be they still look good with less dust.

I have been running USRs for nearly 5k miles since I replaced them in July last year. And I agree that they improve and give me better stopping once 'hot' and I am sure it will be the same for GDs as well.

Q5 discs alone wouldn't make any difference unless we are changing the awful calipers that come with S4/5s.

If I still have the S4 next year my next mod will be to go for Q5 calipers and ECS 2-piece discs as like yourself I don't track/race my car. And for the kind of use that I have even stock setup was spot on (minus the brake dust).

Reactions: RS5 JON, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and NevMan
Thinking I should have made my own build thread.....

Another weekend another job completed. Canyon Run CR-15 strut brace(Replica for £20)

Made myself, and is undoubtedly strong than the official one as I bent the not required tabs down and didn't need to cut 50% of the drivers side mounts out as we drive on the correct side of the road and the water bottle mount isn't in the way. There is much less material removed on mine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/270954529113

Took a few hours and some holes ended up more of a slot than a hole but only by 2mm as my measurements were a fraction off. Gave it a 4foot paint job(looks good 4 foot away). And some stickers I had kicking around.

20190505_010407.jpg

20190505_103348.jpg

20190505_103835.jpg

If you are now looking for me to say things like "transformed the vague steering that plagues the B8 platform" or "I can feel the better turn in on every corner" or some other bit of pish. Jog on.

For £20 I'll believe it does something, but nothing I can tell.... For the £130 for a "real one" I'm not surprised folk talk pish to justify that rip off. It's only £10.50 for the metal! Rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: DGSdale, JLX, Chets and 2 others
Thinking I should have made my own build thread.....

Another weekend another job completed. Canyon Run CR-15 strut brace(Replica for £20)

Made myself, and is undoubtedly strong than the official one as I bent the not required tabs down and didn't need to cut 50% of the drivers side mounts out as we drive on the correct side of the road and the water bottle mount isn't in the way. There is much less material removed on mine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/270954529113

Took a few hours and some holes ended up more of a slot than a hole but only by 2mm as my measurements were a fraction off. Gave it a 4foot paint job(looks good 4 foot away). And some stickers I had kicking around.

20190505_010407.jpg

20190505_103348.jpg

20190505_103835.jpg

If you are now looking for me to say things like "transformed the vague steering that plagues the B8 platform" or "I can feel the better turn in on every corner" or some other bit of pish. Jog on.

For £20 I'll believe it does something, but nothing I can tell.... For the £130 for a "real one" I'm not surprised folk talk pish to justify that rip off. It's only £10.50 for the metal! Rant over.

That paint quality is top notch mate and so is the price. Placebo effect and all that . Having said that, I did notice stiffen front for the first 30 mins of my journey but that was about it. It has been 'normal' thereafter.

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and MuPPeT_ON_TouR
Lowered by 30mm on H&R springs.
Replaced the rear anti roll by with an OEM RS5 one.
Added the transmission mount too (034 Motorsport Chinese replica)

Handling and turn in seem improved. Haven't had the chance to properly test out the new ARB yet.
Gear changes (especially between 1 - 2) feel smoother.
700b4006e9d6b8769afb38e454ea0d2c.jpg
753957a52685b31b314fa0d8f504919c.jpg
b4fd0a2629bebd5f9334d99971a6395f.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, IRONy_MAN, JLX and 3 others
That paint quality is top notch mate and so is the price. Placebo effect and all that
emoji3.png
. Having said that, I did notice stiffen front for the first 30 mins of my journey but that was about it. It has been 'normal' thereafter.

The stickers hide a blob where my finger got in the way and caused a drip from the can. The other sticker hides a finger printer when a "it must be dry by now" happened. And I didn't wait till the colour coat dried before spraying the lacquer so it's orange peely...

And my rant might have been too much... It felt tighter? The steering was a bit heavier.... I think. Now feels normal again.. no complaints at £20 though and making myself was the fun part.

Reactions: V6_Man
The stickers hide a blob where my finger got in the way and caused a drip from the can. The other sticker hides a finger printer when a "it must be dry by now" happened. And I didn't wait till the colour coat dried before spraying the lacquer so it's orange peely...

And my rant might have been too much... It felt tighter? The steering was a bit heavier.... I think. Now feels normal again.. no complaints at £20 though and making myself was the fun part.

Heavier is an appropriate word rather than stiffer. Regardless, another 'mod done' box ticked in the brain. On to the next one ...

3E7D2191 0272 4B3F 8036 BCF52B76121D
F1C9607E 21E2 4914 9DEB F8A1E8E62000
974F3AB7 8896 4DE6 AF79 3E3FC2560A95
E9636668 3A50 4257 B774 04E1C2CA957F
So i have started with the small mods:

Interior lighting done
Debadge done today - well pleased - purchased the heat gun - came off within seconds , tar remover used and some soap and water , again tar remover.

E9636668 3A50 4257 B774 04E1C2CA957F

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 3 others
Not an advert but I cannot believe how good they fit. Just as good as OEM but look better.

£33.88. They are on sale. Cut out the middle man and go direct to China, I didn't get stung for any tax.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cBMUfMgu

20190509_190228.jpg

Reactions: Paddyposh, Booboo, countwilliam and 6 others
Nope. Plug and play. No error codes. And genuinely better than OEM. If you stand at the front of your car and put on your OEM ones they are barely visible. Great from the side/front but not straight on, I guess they are for the side really but the dynamics are just better all round.

Reactions: V6_Man and InvincibleA3
Nope. Plug and play. No error codes. And genuinely better than OEM. If you stand at the front of your car and put on your OEM ones they are barely visible. Great from the side/front but not straight on, I guess they are for the side really but the dynamics are just better all round.

Will double check my fitting in the morning before i purchase.

Will need to get them wrapped gloss black however unless you can use original mirror cover

Tints in 2 weeks and private plates on the way - waiting for delivery now :)

Will need to get them wrapped gloss black however unless you can use original mirror cover

It's just the indicator part that sits in the housing that you change. Not the full mirror. Takes 20mins a side give or take. You can get them for the A3 as well. The ones I got will fit the A4 and A5 B8.5 as I'm sure it's the same mirrors. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: InvincibleA3 and V6_Man
Not an advert but I cannot believe how good they fit. Just as good as OEM but look better.

£33.88. They are on sale. Cut out the middle man and go direct to China, I didn't get stung for any tax.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cBMUfMgu

20190509_190228.jpg

Not another one... They look good @ MuPPeT_ON_TouR. I promised myself that I won't spend anymore on the car but damn this forum . I am sold and will have a look tomorrow if the sale is still.on for me to buy. They go along with the CF mirror covers that I bought last year and yet to go on

Reactions: A4A4, IRONy_MAN and MuPPeT_ON_TouR