What did you do to your audi today

20190120 125049
changed my front pads for brembos

Reactions: DieselJake
Washed her after almost 2.5 - 3 months. Been just jet washing it using BH Surfex HD in between and it needed some serious TLC

341fcebf8b301902702973359e407e2d.jpg

11ed500c72806e22af8191b8e6b37aab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking none the worse for your lighter washing regime mate.

Gave mine a decent wash today too

b3a40a0de98bcc3f9c2037d6d3fae86a.jpg

c8831775c74daa1e827e7d40ab490b21.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man
Drop looks quality, which springs did you go for? Made much difference to the handling?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

They are Eibach springs. Feels completely standard but would say it corners slightly better

20190122 171337
Put some leds in dome and map interior lights the dome has never worked since we got the car as there were no bulbs in as I found out today :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man and DieselJake
How do you get that white plastic cover off? I’m asking as mine has some dirt and a fly stuck in there!
There 1 torx screw inside sunglasses holder take that out and the hole unit comes down with a little pull just pushed it out from inside.
Just clips back In . :friends:

It would pop out with screw driver but I did not want to break it and plastic removal tool was not much use.

There 1 torx screw inside sunglasses holder take that out and the hole unit comes down with a little pull just pushed it out from inside.
Just clips back In . :friends:

It would pop out with screw driver but I did not want to break it and plastic removal tool was not much use.
Ok, thanks for your help, I shall investigate.

Major service, with supercharger belt and aux belt and MOT (Passed first thing - no advisories :) )

Reactions: jdp1962 and MuPPeT_ON_TouR
Another one for the rubber boot liner, got the extended one that folds down over the rear bumper.

Would you guys mind sharing the eBay links for your bootliners as well @Andyl57 and @Marky007

Hi, how much did this cost? Only asking out of interest because I'm going to tackle this myself in a couple of weeks.

Labour was £197.50 and parts were £165.70 all plus VAT and £35 for the MOT, all in £470.

It's a local garage we use at work. Should probably say that the spark plugs were changed last year so are not in this service.

I'm not aware of any suspension works, only comments were a small chip in the windscreen, slight blow / rattle on centre silencer.

Car only has 53k miles on. When does suspension need replacing?

Installed this differential mount kit yesterday and I highly recommend this mod!! My transmission would feel delayed and lumpy at low rpm and now this kit has eliminated this. Gear changes are so smooth and quick now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190201-075402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190201-075402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 309
I’ve just fitted some test pipes with a stock system to my MRC stage 2 dual pulley set up and now have a horrid rasp that I’m not keen on is there anything I can do?
I’ve also lost power/torque which was to be expected so the car is booked back in with MRC for a map tweak to hopefully address this.

I'm not aware of any suspension works, only comments were a small chip in the windscreen, slight blow / rattle on centre silencer.

Car only has 53k miles on. When does suspension need replacing?
Sorry for delay in replying to your prompt posting, my S4 is a February 2011 car with only 24500 miles and it has been given an advisory for lower arms bushes separating/splitting very slightly.

Reactions: mk4gtiturbo
I’ve just fitted some test pipes with a stock system to my MRC stage 2 dual pulley set up and now have a horrid rasp that I’m not keen on is there anything I can do?
I’ve also lost power/torque which was to be expected so the car is booked back in with MRC for a map tweak to hopefully address this.

Did you speak to MRC, what do you think can be the reason for this , i.e. loss in power. It shouldn't...

Did you speak to MRC, what do you think can be the reason for this , i.e. loss in power. It shouldn't...

I was aware that when initially fitting decat testpipes the car would lose power until the map is tweaked. I'm not sure that on this platform we gain much from decats other than helping to reduce under bonnet temps and reliability that there's then no cats to fail.
The car is in for its map tweak on 22nd so I would like to see if I can make the S4 rolling road day at Unicorn on the 23rd as it would be a good comparison between the two dynos.

I was aware that when initially fitting decat testpipes the car would lose power until the map is tweaked. I'm not sure that on this platform we gain much from decats other than helping to reduce under bonnet temps and reliability that there's then no cats to fail.
The car is in for its map tweak on 22nd so I would like to see if I can make the S4 rolling road day at Unicorn on the 23rd as it would be a good comparison between the two dynos.

So, you just wanted to decat to be on the safe side...? But surely the Merc Heat Exchanger alone would also allow you to do that, wouldn't it. I mean a lot of US folks who have reported cat failure on this platform well, they are the ones who love their 1/4 miles.

Oh, if you can make it to Unicorn on 23rd that will be awesome mate as it would be a perfect comparison...!

Reactions: DieselJake
Not sure on this platform but I know a few (supercharged) Mini tuning places suggest keeping the cats as they supposedly perform better with them.

Personally like the straight pipe life :rockwoot: (haven't currently got an S4 though but maybe one day)

So, you just wanted to decat to be on the safe side...? But surely the Merc Heat Exchanger alone would also allow you to do that, wouldn't it. I mean a lot of US folks who have reported cat failure on this platform well, they are the ones who love their 1/4 miles.

Oh, if you can make it to Unicorn on 23rd that will be awesome mate as it would be a perfect comparison...!

Yes. Once tuned and running more boost these engines run even hotter meaning very high exhaust gas temps and it is this that kills the cats. The Merc HX only helps address the IAT’s and does nothing to help the EGT’s.

Yes. Once tuned and running more boost these engines run even hotter meaning very high exhaust gas temps and it is this that kills the cats. The Merc HX only helps address the IAT’s and does nothing to help the EGT’s.

Ahh, makes complete sense mate

Ahh, makes complete sense mate

I usually see between 19-21psi of boost with the dual pulley set up and Meth so was a little worried how long the cats would last at that level.
What sort of boost figures do other people see?

I usually see between 19-21psi of boost with the dual pulley set up and Meth so was a little worried how long the cats would last at that level.
What sort of boost figures do other people see?

Data logging is one thing I have never ever done tbh. Plus I am SP and have no plans on going DP...

Kinda recovering from surgery but just swapped my retrofitted footwells for red ones and swapped the buttons on my (also retrofitted) electric/comfort seats

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
95fe82446d2f3d7f0af306c799ff4d25.jpg

Reactions: DieselJake and V6_Man
Sorry for delay in replying to your prompt posting, my S4 is a February 2011 car with only 24500 miles and it has been given an advisory for lower arms bushes separating/splitting very slightly.

Thanks for this, I'll keep an eye on it.

My latest little project...
Could have been a bit cleaner but didn't have any resin or gelcoat and ended up filing the gaps with the shell and playing (a lot) with the glue gun...

Anyway, it works perfectly, phone charges regardless of the direction it's facing (as in fwd or bwd, obviously not upside down) and fast charging is on since it's plugged into a QC3.0 plug...

01f48d50b43e1c853f85fb71646ebeee.jpg

438d0e3663ce894d8739fcf4ba41ef3d.jpg

676e98325a13aae7fff02e04cc77efb2.jpg

cf32dfd45f1ea562c6b64f60f5de309e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and pav911
Installed this 034 street density transmission mount today. There was so much wiggle from the old mount, now it's much stiffer. My transmission finally feels amazing, no issues and sharp response.

Attachments

• 20190204_151455.jpg
    20190204_151455.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 298