What do you do for a job?

I run my own 'service company' through which I sell my services as a management consultant, business analyst or project manager. Currently working as a BA on a multi-million pound central government IT procurement.
Lol, sounds like a big 4 consultancy spin on an IT consultancy role I've been doing

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Coldstream,I will no doubt have spoken to you then :grinning:

Are you ever down at the Esso station in Coldstream or Sainsbury’s at Kelso or are you just around Glasgow area all the time?

small world.

I do Sainsburys Kelso quite regular (I’m a backshift Driver, so usually down that way after 19:00 from loading at Grangemouth), the Coldstream must be a dayshift drop as that’s one of the few I’ve not been in.

I done Lauder Co-op last week, and do the Esso in Gala quite regular too.

i am a sales manager for a software supplier to care homes, have the privilege of driving for work in my A6 BiTDi around 40-50k miles a year!

I'm a heavy goods mechanic for a company called GB Fleetcare, currently based on a Tesco site mainting and repairing all of their trucks & trailers. Helps with keeping my cars up to scratch!

I ll be 56 on 3-19.
I m fully retired from US Federal Service. 6 yr s Marine Corps, 20 total w Reserves, ( 5 deployments )
MOS-Artillery
16 yrs as a Fed. Law Enforcement for sev. diff. agencies.
In all I have lost my left eye, hearing in my right ear, have a titanium lower right leg/foot and 2 steel knees.
I do personal training for comp. females and teach gun permit application for extra change.

Retired now due to ill health.
Previous to that I designed printed circuit boards for various aircrafts and before that I designed control circuits for large transformers.

Retired. I was over 50 years; a tin miner; a Youth worker, a lecturer in Community Studies, an education management consultant/trainer and professional fund raiser.
Most of which involved a lot of driving. Well OK not the mining.
Now just use the car for well deserved days out with my beloved, aged Mother, relatives and friends.

Acoustic Consultant. Work all over the UK. Environmental Noise, Building Design and Bars, Clubs and Restaurants. Used to do Live Venue sound checks and a lot of work with bands and stadiums. Great fun and no two days are ever the same.

Im a senior trainer for a Mental Health Trust.

I teach student nurses, nursing assistants, nurses and doctors clinical skills they need to work on community and in patient areas.

I am a support agent at IBM NCC.

I receive/handle customer requests from the pacific region. 1.5 years so far so good.

Gaffer/Spark I work on mostly commercials occasionally pop videos and film, in the summer I do bit of rock and roll and festivals ......

Reactions: PGunter
I drive this Merc Giggaspace 630 Around Europe, & Currently out in Romania..
DSC 3386

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jcbmally, Kondax and 3 others
Self employed Farrier, and when I get spare time away from shoeing horses I help (get in the way) at our family HGV and commercial repair business.

Reactions: Ghost
Military aircraft engineer. Currently designing and manufacturing F35 Lightning parts.

Reactions: DaveW
Been a while since I posted on this thread... Ive went self employed. recovery and repairs. hoping to move to a bigger unit soon and will be able to expand and do bigger jobs..
55829735 581217305689748 6480993001261760512 o

Reactions: Pinky1959, rubbi and BarryG79
Lead software developer for the local council. Microsoft full stack developments, mainly public access portals and some mobile stuff too. It helps having a great team working for me though!

Reactions: Scotty75
Been a while since I posted on this thread... Ive went self employed. recovery and repairs. hoping to move to a bigger unit soon and will be able to expand and do bigger jobs.. View attachment 182980

That’s my old house in the middle!!!
Lived there over 20years growing up.
U live there or was it a work pick up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an undertaker, night ambulance crew covering most of Norfolk North Suffolk and Cambridgeshire!

Been working for most of the last 25 years as a freelance consultant through an agency and consultancy company, either as a lead business process improvement consultant or lead business analyst. Been a developer too which is boring.

Prefer private sector as hated public sector despite some good workers, it’s just the management are so incredibly inept they wouldn’t last 1 second in the private sector as so useless and arrogant, public sector is so unbelievably wasteful too.

Always work on huge transformation programmes in telecoms companies. Most interesting and complex business, far far far far more complex than the finance industry that I’ve also worked in. Makes me laugh when these clueless London tools make out the finance industry is complex, telecommunications is a million times more complex.

Last programme at a mobile telco lasted 3 years, cost about £200 million. Current project will take about 2.5 years and cost about £220 million.

It makes me laugh how much public sector projects cost. They’d probably spend double that if not triple.

Next car is probably an r8.

Last edited:
Reactions: ex911driver
Recently moved from Infrastructure to a Cyber Security Analyst role.. Official now a member of the blue team - who’s starting to dabble in red teaming

Mechanical Technician on a Shell Oil Rig

Reactions: Sandra and Samuel c5 Q
work for a multi national electrical engineering compnay with some 150k employees - HQ in Paris

currently do global business development for Digital Analytic services as an OEM - get to travel a bit - maybe too much and BA must love me :)

Reactions: rubbi
Hi all I'm just moulding machine operator working ~60 hours a week (39 + overtimes) to keep my sort of dream a reality.... I do 20k miles a year so I couldn't go for S4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Howdy!!

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything..

I’m a CAD Techician :yes:

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Lead software developer for the local council. Microsoft full stack developments, mainly public access portals and some mobile stuff too. It helps having a great team working for me though!

I'm also a lead software developer, but for a bespoke development company. We do a lot of enabling/portal work for a few councils funnily enough.

Reactions: DaveW
Account manager for leaseplan, spend my days quoting up cars all day long.....so the audi specs are quite familier...haha

I ll be 56 on 3-19.
I m fully retired from US Federal Service. 6 yr s Marine Corps, 20 total w Reserves, ( 5 deployments )
MOS-Artillery
16 yrs as a Fed. Law Enforcement for sev. diff. agencies.
In all I have lost my left eye, hearing in my right ear, have a titanium lower right leg/foot and 2 steel knees.
I do personal training for comp. females and teach gun permit application for extra change.

Wow, you sound like you’ve literally been in the wars, sound like robocop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk