What do you do for a living?

BIGJJS

Registered User
i have the pleasure of killing pigs for a living. Currently saving up to do my HGV or the other possibility is getting a job in security.
 

a3guy

Registered User
BIGJJS said:
i have the pleasure of killing pigs for a living.


so thats why you can never get a copper when you need one.
 

Rev-head

Registered User
I got the pleasure of a tour of Halls of Broxburn many years ago and that was a gruesome site ......watching live pigs be transformed into everything in minutes
 

BIGJJS

Registered User
Rev-head said:
I got the pleasure of a tour of Halls of Broxburn many years ago and that was a gruesome site ......watching live pigs be transformed into everything in minutes

nothings changed mate, its still the same
 

Aldo

Registered User
Rev-head said:
I got the pleasure of a tour of Halls of Broxburn many years ago and that was a gruesome site ......watching live pigs be transformed into everything in minutes

Too true, alot don't thinka bout where meat actually comes from and how it is manufactured.
 

marmite

Counting the Tesco Club points
I am Service Team leader(basicaly service advisor)for the largest Porsche Centre in Europe, enjoy looking and driving all the cars about and speaking to some really cool and well known customers!!

Was a BMW Tech, Audi Reporting Tech, workshop controller and Assitant service manager at Audi

sell stuf on e-bay for extra cash!!! food for the beast she is always hungry!
 

Randomjim

Registered User
marmite said:
I am Service Team leader(basicaly service advisor)for the largest Porsche Centre in Europe, enjoy looking and driving all the cars about

a little jealous
 

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Im a graduate in ba hons interactive design i aint relly looking for a job in that field. working at next directory on behalf of exel dhl home deliverys for furniture. soon to be starting my new job enforcement officer for leicestershire police. its sooo difficult finding a job in my graduate field.
 

macdoug

Registered User
Rev-head said:
Well i am Executive Chef for the Edrington Group(Who own Macallan,Highland Park,Famous Grouse,Tamdhu,Glenrothes whisky) i am based at The Famous Grouse Experience/Glenturret Distillery......I cook for allsorts from joe public grub to Fine Dining,I work abroad as well representing scottish cuisine for Visit Scotland and my Company .this year i have been working in Sweden,Las Vegas and i am off to Recife in Brazil in a week to Cook 3 corporate Dinners for Famous Grouse ,I have worked in Moscow and Frankfurt as well

Started Life as a Mechanic at the age of 15 till 19 then took on the big bad world of Catering

Me.....http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/experience/corporate/evening/fasanur.html

Rev Head. I used to live and work 6 mies from Glenturret Distellery.

Now working in London for one of the top 5 Construction Companies as a site manager speacialising in high spec laboratories and hotel/restaurant fit outs.
 

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
I'm a professional racing driver for a well known tv program.
 

enda1

Registered User
I'm an chartered engineer working in R&D in medical devices. I've worked on device design for Cardiac disease managment and Oesophageal cancer care in American Mulitnationals, now working as senior design engineer in a start-up company on a device to treat acid reflux in the stomach. I've a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Polymer Engineering.
 

Rev-head

Registered User
macdoug said:
Rev Head. I used to live and work 6 mies from Glenturret Distellery.

Now working in London for one of the top 5 Construction Companies as a site manager speacialising in high spec laboratories and hotel/restaurant fit outs.

Small world AHH!!!
 

Rev-head

Registered User
TDI-line said:
I'm a professional racing driver for a well known tv program.

MMMMmmmm i smell something???....lol:ninja:
 

Mart

Registered User
I'm a IT Technition for Apple.
 

unkle

Beer God
I do stuff for the British Military, just spent 9 months in Iraq, back in Germany at the moment....

I wanna do a CCNA, can someone in the know enlighten me on how much and how long it would take to do this course?
 

Dan Gliballs

Registered User
**** me, there's some chuffin posh long job titles on here LOL!!!

Was just waiting for somebody to say they were a Refuse Disposal Officer next,...........ie. Binman.

Well, for the last 18 months I've been a fulltime housedad for my 2 boys, while Rachel works as a Primary School Teacher.

I do bits of DIY/Landscaping work round the village when I can, aswell as breaking the odd Vauxhall to sell in pieces.

I'm looking into teaching drums at the moment :)

I used to be a sales-rep for a commercial vehicle parts company amongst other things.
 

G Force

Registered User
I'm a First Officer (co-pilot) for the worlds favourite airline.

Used to be a Structural Engineer in the oil industry designing bits for rusty old oil rigs in the North Sea but jacked it in about 2 years ago to train to become a pilot.
 

Ves:S3

S3 gone....waitin 4 right RS4!!
G Force said:
I'm a First Officer (co-pilot) for the worlds favourite airline.

Used to be a Structural Engineer in the oil industry designing bits for rusty old oil rigs in the North Sea but jacked it in about 2 years ago to train to become a pilot.

Hi G force,

Nice Job....I also have had the pleasure in working im the North sea....im still a hydrographic Surveyor who's job includes positioning of vessels an sub sea structures for oil extraction worldwide (avoiding Nigera)

so quick question for you.... i had a hairy experience taking off from Angola in a 474 (TAG airways)...it seemed like the Flaps hadnt been extended prior to take off.
Well i think they were extended albeit not fully, so my Q is? can all planes take off with the flaps not extended?

I know its straying from the post's thread but thats what this forums
for....!

Tar Ves...
 

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Simple answer...

Yes, but the airspeed required for lift is greater.

The flaps on a wing are there to change its shape in order to accentuate the effect of Bernoulli's principle by introducing a more pronounced 'curve' to the wing. They are retracted to reduce drag when the airspeed is great enough for the 'clean' wing to achieve lift. Flap configuration at take-off is variable dependant upon things like take-off weight, weather, and of course the length of the tarmac - oh, and your fuel efficiency strategy. I'd say it's very rare to take-off with fully extended flaps; most (civil) aircraft I know anything about use varying extensions around the 15 degrees mark at take-off depending upon the factors previously described.

That's probably a reasonable attempt at a simple explanation, but I'm sure G Force can fill you in on the professional's answer to it.

I'll propogate a question for G Force though... What do you fly fella? And did you train somewhere like CABAIR or did you go through smaller operations, or even go abroad to qualify?

Regards,

Rob.

PS> I'm so jealous of you it's not funny; if you ever fancy having a day on terra-firma doing computer stuff give me a shout, I'm sure we could swap!
 

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Moderator
Dan Gliballs said:
I'll have a Chicken Curry And Chips please,............no onions :)

No onions, no problem... that'd be £3.90 please :laugh:
 

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Moderator
Dan Gliballs said:
That's about a pound cheaper than down here :)

Lots of peas in there? ;)


No peas mate, we don't do peas in any of our cooking, shall I throw it in the bin then? :no:
 

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
unkle said:
I do stuff for the British Military, just spent 9 months in Iraq, back in Germany at the moment....

I wanna do a CCNA, can someone in the know enlighten me on how much and how long it would take to do this course?

It depends on your experience of Cisco equipment and networking.....

However, if you just want the paper certification, there are very quick ways to do this. If you have no hands-on Cisco but a grasp of networking fundamentals, I reckon the CCNA can be done by self-study in a couple of weeks. Skim the CCNA textbook (Sybex or Cisco), do the Boson routersims and above all read the Testking PDFs before sitting the exam. The testkings are priceless - you'll see many of the exam questions there. The routersims are important too as you'll get 2 or 3 of these in the exam and these sims are heavily weighted.

Loads of places will charge thousands so you can have someone talk you through the textbook in a ****-boring classroom for a week......... a bit of disciplined self-study is all it needs!!

Thread highjacked again....... :thumbsup:
 

styleinnovations

convert from uk-mkivs.net
Im a project manager, working for a crusie line at the moment relocating their office from 2 sites to 1,

worked at the head office of coca cola before looking after it projects for the sales force and implmentations of it services to offices and factories
 

Ves:S3

S3 gone....waitin 4 right RS4!!
FactionOne said:
Simple answer...

Yes, but the airspeed required for lift is greater.

The flaps on a wing are there to change its shape in order to accentuate the effect of Bernoulli's principle by introducing a more pronounced 'curve' to the wing. They are retracted to reduce drag when the airspeed is great enough for the 'clean' wing to achieve lift. Flap configuration at take-off is variable dependant upon things like take-off weight, weather, and of course the length of the tarmac - oh, and your fuel efficiency strategy. I'd say it's very rare to take-off with fully extended flaps; most (civil) aircraft I know anything about use varying extensions around the 15 degrees mark at take-off depending upon the factors previously described.

That's probably a reasonable attempt at a simple explanation, but I'm sure G Force can fill you in on the professional's answer to it.

this really is a knowledgeable forum...thanks .....:icon_thumright: :respekt::icon_thumright:

gd thread.....
 

G Force

Registered User
Originally Posted by FractionOne
Simple answer...

Yes, but the airspeed required for lift is greater.

The flaps on a wing are there to change its shape in order to accentuate the effect of Bernoulli's principle by introducing a more pronounced 'curve' to the wing. They are retracted to reduce drag when the airspeed is great enough for the 'clean' wing to achieve lift. Flap configuration at take-off is variable dependant upon things like take-off weight, weather, and of course the length of the tarmac - oh, and your fuel efficiency strategy. I'd say it's very rare to take-off with fully extended flaps; most (civil) aircraft I know anything about use varying extensions around the 15 degrees mark at take-off depending upon the factors previously described.

That's probably a reasonable attempt at a simple explanation, but I'm sure G Force can fill you in on the professional's answer to it.

I'll propogate a question for G Force though... What do you fly fella? And did you train somewhere like CABAIR or did you go through smaller operations, or even go abroad to qualify?

Regards,

Rob.
:applaus:I couldn't have answered that question better myself, without dusting off the old "Principles of Flight" books from ground school!!! Nowadays I just do what the computer tells me!!!

As for your other questions, I fly the Airbus A319 on domestic and short haul European routes and yes I was an integrated student at Cabair.
 

icenutter

Registered User
I gave up doing research on Gas Turbines to become a Maths Teacher. So you can either call me Sir or Doctor :salute:
 
Top