What do you do for a living?

I am a traffic Police officer.
Yes, waiting for the ribbing!!!!!!! It's not all bad, i do get some nice cars to drive i guess.

LOL, have you ever booked anyone for driving with their front foglights on when it isn't foggy? Just gets on my wick thats all...

icenutter said:
LOL, have you ever booked anyone for driving with their front foglights on when it isn't foggy? Just gets on my wick thats all...

Yes have booked up a fair few, Does my head in, dont really understand why people drive with them on when it is not foggy.

god_thats_quick said:
How about pulling people over for just sitting in lane 2 or 3 of a motorway, gets right on my tits that does!
I have stopped and advised numerous people for failing to use te correct lane. Does'nt generally go down to well with people. People hate to be told they are in the wrong. On the flip side i have stopped people who have undertaken due to their impatients. Risky buisness, better to drop back and wait. I do understand how people get frustrated but it is not worth going to court for careless driving.

I just wish there were more of you and less ****** cameras, I think things like lane discipline and generally not being sensible cause far more accidents than speed, anyhow back on topic...

I'm a kind of software implementation project manager (that's very fed up). I work for the only real company that provides electronic data capture and management software for clinical trials etc.

I wish there was more of us (Traff Pol) and less camera's out there. Camera's do have there place i,e frequent fatality sites but not all over the place.
Thanks.

I often wonder what makes the traffic police choose the particular brand of car they drive. Is it mostly down to budget?

I'm working as a systems tester for broadband at BT in Ipswich. Been working there for nearly 6 years as contractor. I'm still hanging in there although more contractors are becoming redundant because of the company's direction to cut cost.

Blakeypj said:
I am a traffic Police officer.
Yes, waiting for the ribbing!!!!!!! It's not all bad, i do get some nice cars to drive i guess.

And in my very own county no less LOL!!

I don't suppose you're allowed to say which end you cover then?

Thought i'd add to the list, i work for Capita Business Services as their Lead IT Network Engineer in Northamptonshire, covering all sorts from VOIP, Network Architectual Design, New builds i.e. Government - Schools, GPs etc... quite varied and good fun but VERY underpaid, but hey aren't we all!? some days i even know what i'm doing!

Dan Gliballs said:
And in my very own county no less LOL!!

I don't suppose you're allowed to say which end you cover then?

Nice try!

:idea:

i 'run' a demetia day care facility. basically i get paid barely enough to do barely enough. its fantastic work IMO.

looking to progress to a 'project facilitator' within the company possibly in the next few weeks. or i might just go start paramedic training next year

LYRAC said:
I'm a senior rally driving instructor, also 4 X 4 and race instructor. YES Everyone says I've go the best job in the world....................but would you want to sit next to some idiot who keeps trying to throw you into the neasest hard place!

How on earth do you lot not get travel sick? :puke: ;)

I'm a surveyor - dealing with telecoms at the minute for O2 - building new sites to keep all you lovely people talking (as long as your not driving at the same time) :angrymod:

Im an investment adviser Helping people with strategies for getting out of debt, Set up managed funds,open bank accounts, remortgages ,loans etc.

Other wise during the day i`m a Network manager for a london NHS Trust with a team of about 10 people working on different projectsfrom VPNs to Voice installations.
i have ITIL, prince and all the CISCO stuff as well .CCNA CCNP

I'm a Facilities Manager for a large property firm based in Manchester, sounds boring but I least I get to drive round in my A4:thumbsup:

well this is great, so bl**dy good I have just missed the start of my favorite TV programme.
I used to be involved in business information until I decided I actually wanted to see my 6 month old son a little more than just at weekends so I quit my well paid London Job and set up my first company helping medium sized companies save money on non-core purchasing. I have also just started studying to give financial advice. I feel like I should start studying comms or IT as you all seem to have a fair bit of time on your hands. :)

Am at uni studying Multimedia Computing and working part time for RBS but for the natwest side,

yes i can see all your natwest accounts hahahahaahahah

(well only if you gave me your acc numbers)

I'm a successful PR consultant and spend my working life making up stories for the media to publish or broadcast. Fortunately this doesn't take too long as they'll swallow any old horsepoo. I get to spend long liquid lunches in classy London restaurants playing stroke the camel toes with posh brunettes and leave early most afternoons. I get home at midnight having spent the evening in a lap dance club. Most mornings I spliff up before tuning into the Today Programme at 7am. I wholly expect to die soon.

MushroomMan said:
I'm a successful PR consultant and spend my working life making up stories for the media to publish or broadcast. Fortunately this doesn't take too long as they'll swallow any old horsepoo. I get to spend long liquid lunches in classy London restaurants playing stroke the camel toes with posh brunettes and leave early most afternoons. I get home at midnight having spent the evening in a lap dance club. Most mornings I spliff up before tuning into the Today Programme at 7am. I wholly expect to die soon.

can I have your job when you die? - sounds a lot better then mine

Hi Robin A3 - here's the thread you couldn't find...

Im a coil tubing supervisor for BJ services currently working in Kuwait and living in Dubai/Aberdeen

Im a pinspotter technician.

I work in a bowling alley, i sit round the back and fix everything that goes wrong, there are not that many people who even know my job exists!! i think people thinks its all magic behind those lanes!!! lol

The machines themselves are not small (6ft tall) and are basically an old mechanical design with loads of modern technology bolted on.

I enjoy telling people who ask that when they throw a ball it breaks an IR beam which tells the computer to scan the pins with a digital camera to decide what to tell the pinspotter to do as well as sending that to the cpu above your head to put your score on the screen and then send it to another 2 computers in the building....and thats without going into how the pinspotter sets your pins and gets your ball back to you...the looks i get are great! lol

Downside is people who have watched jackass and want to run down the lanes and slide into the pins, trust me, these machines will do you some serious damage, also why do every bunch of lads after a few drinks think lets throw 2 or more balls at once?? it wont work and i have better things to do than fix it when you break it!!! i dont know anywhere else where people go and think its ok to deliberatly try to cause damage to the equipment they are using!!!

I am a qualified mechanic and auto electrician, but been doing this for nearly 8 years now, not bad pay, nice warm workshop with internet and a coffee machine, what more could i possibly want!!! lol

Nuclear Safety Consultant, and no I'm not extracting the *iss. Makes for a great conversation stopper at parties!!

Merry Xmas

I am the Night General Store Manager at ASDA. Why do people pick up stuff and then dump it elsewhere in the store, especially chilled and frozen. I have to employ a person to spend 8 hour each night picking up put backs.
How much do people buy for Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only 2 days

Living the green dream ASDA Price

I work for a large international chemical manufacturing organisation. Held several positions over the years, but currently responsible for all security and safety aspects on a 200 acre site.

MushroomMan said:

If you ever need a hand just PM me :beerchug:

I'm a second hand condom salesman,

It's ok guys i don't need any stock! For some reason demand never outstrips supply!..........ever!

S3DBW said:
Nuclear Safety Inspector, and no I'm not extracting the *iss. Makes for a great conversation stopper at parties!!

Merry Xmas

yer ok Homer!

......................Homer Homer Homer!!

After 5 years working for a medium size ISP I have joined a big public sector organisation as their customer services manager, different world from the cut throat ISP market!

I am a Engine Test Cell Facilites Engineer at Bentley Motors in Crewe.

I'm a part of the engine development team who are resposible for developing the 6.75 Twin Turbo V8 engine along with the Twin Turbo W12 Engine.

I have to write test schedules for automated testing etc.

Just to add i only been doing it since October 2005, i was a STUDENT before and got a Degree in Automotive Engineer.

Those days were GREAT!