What do you do for a living?

I'm an aircraft engineer for now, but i would ideally like to move onto another job, before the birth of our firstborn in June....

any offers for a Multi-skilled engineer???

Dan Gliballs said:
And in my very own county no less LOL!!

I don't suppose you're allowed to say which end you cover then?

I have the joy of covering Brighton and Hove and the bottom end of the A23 and A27 from Lewes to Lancing.

I'm a procurement manager (jumped up buyer...) - I buy chocolate (well, somebody has to) and edible oils for RHM (Mr Kipling, Cadbury Cakes, Hovis, Bisto, etc...)
I also do some part time work for a company helping schoolkids prepare for university entrance exams.

Time for a bump...

Loads of mangagers and Telecoms.

Am a 24 yr old software engineer, programming in C, and Java. Only been in my first job for a year and a half.

I help write software for a touch screen display on a machine, which the huge food and drinks industry buys. We have machines in all major factories all over europe. Nearly every food you guys eat most it would have passed through one of our machines. (walkers, master foods, kellogs, cadburys, etc).

One of perks are free product samples ;)

Looking to get charted one day.
Anybody got tips on extra courses i can take up, part time that will help?

I'm a partner in a precision Engineering Company, myself and a friend started it 6 years ago. It's ****** hard work and long hours, but hopefully it's starting to pay off now!

Im an underwriter for a car finance company.
I decided if people get the finance for their desired new cars or not.
So depending on what your credit is like im either the good guy who gave you money for your new shiney autocar or the bad guy who told you to to go and try to get finance on a skateboard to travel around on.

A thankless job....your are always upsetting somebody....the sales guys if you dont agree enough people for finance......the collections agents if you agree too many rubbish people for credit.

I work in a (cough!) Jaguar dealership, I DJ (favorite place being in a Lap Dancing Club, for obvious reasons!) and am shortly opening a bar/nightclub with my cousin! Oh, and I do a little bit of website designing (currently for a Swingers party organiser (don't ask!))

I'm a Avid Editor working on TV Drama's.

DJ'ing as a hobby for around 8 years :)

I'm an estimator/Qs - and im currently feeling very sick :-S

I am a senior Network engineer for a small solicitors firm intending to complete my CCNA this year!

I don't know if I should share this.......I'm a Police Sergeant.....
11 years since University during which I have done stints on CID, Traffic and 5 years on a Tactical Team (Firearms and others sneakier stuff). Got promoted last year and now doing a stint in the dungeons. The only ray of sunshine is when I get to drive nice motors on Royal visits and the like. (Advanced and Counter-Terrorist trained). Have a day next month with Bentley at Crewe to get to grips with an Arnage. Can't ****** wait.

If anyone needs any legal advice I'll be only too happy to help.

P.S I am human, the hardest thing is trying to keep my licence now I have an S3 (265bhp)!!!!:busted_cop:

Thought id add my little bit......

Im a lift engineer working for OTIS please please no puns about it having it's up's n down's or Otis Reading:o.k: .

working in Manchester centre in apartments, shops and offices.

I service and repair broken lifts and also get people out when they are trapped.

I don't really think i can sex my job up so im not even going to bother lol

oh also a fully qualified electrician and keep toying with the ideal of going self employed (again)

StaffsS3 said:
I don't know if I should share this.......I'm a Police Sergeant.....
11 years since University during which I have done stints on CID, Traffic and 5 years on a Tactical Team (Firearms and others sneakier stuff). Got promoted last year and now doing a stint in the dungeons. The only ray of sunshine is when I get to drive nice motors on Royal visits and the like. (Advanced and Counter-Terrorist trained). Have a day next month with Bentley at Crewe to get to grips with an Arnage. Can't ****** wait.

My Missus used to work for the Police in the CAD room in Greenwich and some of the guys she worked with are now in close protection, I always wanted to be a copper but I think i'd not be able to deal with the fact my hands would be tied most of the time. the missus used to say that the other guys would get the public swearing and spitting at them and there was nothing they could do but ignore it, and the same faces turning up again and again after committing a string of crimes, don't think I could deal with that.

A4Quattro said:
My Missus used to work for the Police in the CAD room in Greenwich and some of the guys she worked with are now in close protection, I always wanted to be a copper but I think i'd not be able to deal with the fact my hands would be tied most of the time. the missus used to say that the other guys would get the public swearing and spitting at them and there was nothing they could do but ignore it, and the same faces turning up again and again after committing a string of crimes, don't think I could deal with that.

I'd like to say it gets easier as the years go by........but it doesn't!! Today I had to stare in absolute disbelief as a car thief and general toe rag walked free from court after being given conditional bail by the Magistrates. I expected him to be sent down (he had admitted to stealing from 12 cars). When he left he asked me for an officer to drive him home. When I declined (politely of course) he then said he was going to steal a car to get home!! Some days I give up.............:keule:

God Almighty! Thes people ought to be sterilised so they can't produce any more like them. Its highly unlikely that these people would produce a decent kid.

I work at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire... Look it up on google earth if you can bothered (MK43 south of bedford). Its a car drivers paradise. Im stuck in the office for too long really though...Still, it has its perks. Been there 6 months now after finishing uni.

rusty1983 said:
I work at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire... Look it up on google earth if you can bothered (MK43 south of bedford). Its a car drivers paradise. Im stuck in the office for too long really though...Still, it has its perks. Been there 6 months now after finishing uni.

Amazing place been there a couple of times now with work!!
Had great fun on the bowl adn alpine circuit

Ah you are one of the porsche people are you marmite... Tearing around our tracks...Great fun!!!:rockwoot:

cheap as in 'fell off the back off a lorry'?...... :whistle2:

I grew tired of software engineering, so now i sell 205 GTI's for a living.

rusty1983 said:
Ah you are one of the porsche people are you marmite... Tearing around our tracks...Great fun!!!:rockwoot:

:arco: