what do you guys reckon on this used S3?

New S4 Man

Reaction score
Hi all, been on the lookout for a used s3 with tech pack and adaptive cruise for a while now. seen the car below on for £ 25,980. It's just been reduced by 1k according to the site, seems like a reasonable deal to me but thought it worth asking you knowledgeable people before talking to the dealer? any haggle room do you reckon? i'll be financing myself.

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...00,Q3VycmVudCBsb2NhdGlvbg/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Cheers!

Reactions: TDI-line and Ollie2014
Doesn't say how many miles. How are you financing yourself? Loan? or cash?

Reactions: pburv
Hi all, been on the lookout for a used s3 with tech pack and adaptive cruise for a while now. seen the car below on for £ 25,980. It's just been reduced by 1k according to the site, seems like a reasonable deal to me but thought it worth asking you knowledgeable people before talking to the dealer? any haggle room do you reckon? i'll be financing myself.

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...00,Q3VycmVudCBsb2NhdGlvbg/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Cheers!

I have dealt with Crawley Audi recently but never purchase a car from them due to a package deal better elsewhere, although I have heard goods things about them from my boss at work.

Maybe go onto Audi website and complete their free valuation with the car registration in it, this will give you an idea of what the car is worth at trade in and the margin they are making. We can always assume they will go for average of poor valuation, I have used this in the past with some of the higher spec cars like the Audi S6 having or showing very little dealer margin.

the results to save you time are as follows and from Audi Website on free valuation. So that would be a £5K profit based on Good condition

MD14KXO - New estimation
£21,750*Excellent condition
£20,900*Good condition
£20,000*Average condition

It costs nothing and is putting a steak in the ground.

Cheers

That's a reasonable price for a car with them optional extras and that mileage mate,its worth a venture into,l would be looking for £24500 for my car and its got 20k miles on it, its a sportback and has a slightly better spec

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
So it does. The used car page is different these days it would seem.

Yeah its changed mate but its still not working properly as you cant increase the photo size on the car page,apart from this its far easier to see what optional equipment has been fitted to each car

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
What is that "Staining" all over the driver's interior door? is it a photographic artifact?? actually, the interior looks quite badly looked after.... there's that mark on the speakers and in other places too....

Reactions: daytonamart and pburv
What is that "Staining" all over the driver's interior door? is it a photographic artifact?? actually, the interior looks quite badly looked after.... there's that mark on the speakers and in other places too....
I think that 'staining' is just water marks as it looks like it's raining outside, I may be wrong though. I agree with the interior not looking great either.
When I found my car online, I requested a video which was done specifically for me on the inside and outside so I could see the condition as the car was a 3 hour drive from me.

its Rain ***....and its used,what do expect...?there always going to be superficial marks on the interior on a used car,the more l look it seems like some piece of dead shrubbery thats blown in...

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Great advert on how rubbish Audi's valets are. you can see its been hoovered by the lines in the boot but the mud on trim is still there. Even the exhaust tips are black with dirt (noticed its got the black styling package but they seem chrome tipped?)

It looks like a lovely car though with low mileage. I would insist on a proper valet

Do you want all the same spec? Think you'd get a new FL one for about £30k with pano roof, black windows, s-tronic box.

EDIT* Just looked:

S3

Reactions: davc and pburv
thanks for the helpful replies chaps. I've put an initial refundable deposit down and the salesman has taken 500 pound off asking which im happy with to be honest, so assuming all is well when i head down to look at it i'll be buying it :)

Reactions: Gavin_s3, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
That is a really nice spec, low mileage, and personally, and not being biased in any shape or form, love them wheels with black optics.

I'm sure it will clean up well with a good valet.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Scottyg
thanks! really looking forward to seeing it now, i've been looking for this exact spec for ages, especially the adaptive cruise.

Made a compromise on colour as not a huge fan of white but im sure it will grow on me.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and TDI-line
Seems a decent price right now. About 3-4 months ago the used prices for S3's were lower. I'm still looking to get one and the cheapest non cat c/d used S3's used to be around £20k, now they're £22k. Same thing with the Saloon, used to be 5 or 6 non cat C/D cars under £25k but now they're all over.

Not sure how you are funding the car?
If taking Audi finance then it might be worth considering a new car...It's less APR on new compared to used..
ps Nice looking car good luck..:friends:

Not sure how you are funding the car?
If taking Audi finance then it might be worth considering a new car...It's less APR on new compared to used..
ps Nice looking car good luck..:friends:
Better going HP stay away from pcp on a used car and a new car with that spec would be the best part of £37k

Good buy, a barely run it S3 with a spec you want for many thousands of pounds less than new.
Extend the warranty another 2years before it is 3years old and you're quids in.

I went PCP on my used S3 which was £25k a couple months back. Went with my bank who offered me 4.6% APR which I couldn't get elsewhere. I'm with Lloyds bank - always worth checking what yours can offer.

Only issue is I can't part exchange with Lloyds and get a new deal with them at the end of the contract (could part ex onto a different finance deal with a car dealer thought but at a higher rate) so I'll have to buy the car outright and sell privately to have a chance of getting part of my deposit back.

Better going HP stay away from pcp on a used car and a new car with that spec would be the best part of £37k

My brother always told me the exact same where used is concerned, unless you're buying with your own money or getting a loan for the entire car, new PCP is the best way.

Reactions: The Kendragon and pburv