what does your other half think of your tt?

CarChris

Reaction score
so last weekend I needed to go and get some fuel and my partner decided to come with me so I let her drive as she hasn't really driven the tt much I also wanted to know what she thinks of the TT?
Here is what she thought.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mine loves our TT - during/after 10-years of ownership - and so do I:

P1010523

Reactions: CarChris and Jassyo06
And NEVER had a polishing mop on it, Jassyo06, lol... :yahoo:

Reactions: CarChris and Jassyo06
My Mrs Avril loved my TT said it was a real looker and the touches/external oem mods l to done it made unique and said l was mad for selling it...bye bye TT

Attachments

• 20210815_171050.jpg
    20210815_171050.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Love
Reactions: NevMan, CarChris and 45bvtc
My Mrs Avril loved my TT said it was a real looker and the touches/external oem mods l to done it made unique and said l was mad for selling it...bye bye TT
I do get it, jassyo06; ours is but a humble 211bhp version but affords so much fun the more effort you put into it, and I like that.
Compare to the/our RS3 (or SQ5) and well, they are just so much more effortless - but boring, no :racer:
Love our humble TT, it's a cracker/fun car to drive...
Sometimes LESS is MORE...:superman:

Last edited:
I've followed your TT trial, jassyo06; me thinks you need to step back and re-focus. The TT is a great car, if that's what you need, but for sure a fresh-out-of-the wrapper TT may not have been your best option following the S3 - but who am I to say! Love our 2016 SQ5 and for sure I'd be selling our 2011 RS3 and/or 2010 TT before selling that, but neither/any just yet, still time to enjoy each and all.... :thumbs up:

so last weekend I needed to go and get some fuel and my partner decided to come with me so I let her drive as she hasn't really driven the tt much I also wanted to know what she thinks of the TT?
Here is what she thought.

Is it my imagination , your TT started out a RHD car at very start of the vid then became a LHD ....lol

Reactions: CarChris
Is it my imagination , your TT started out a RHD car at very start of the vid then became a LHD ....lol
Tell me about it mate I don't know what happened for some reason the camera mirrored the video

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Charlie Farley

Wow, I didn’t realise you’ve moved your TTS on, jassyo06! I know you never seemed to gel with it like you did with your S3, so what are you replacing it with?

Wow, I didn’t realise you’ve moved your TTS on, jassyo06! I know you never seemed to gel with it like you did with your S3, so what are you replacing it with?

He has ordered a 8Y RS3 saloon

Still enjoying a 11-year old TT, 10-year old RS3, and 5-year old SQ5 - and neither get me anywhere faster/quicker than the other - on today's dense-traffic/pot holed roads, just saying. Each are a different 'drive' mind, and each enjoyable in their own right. Then again I'm old enough to admit that - still don't get overtaken much...:racer:

Bet you a Rabbie - for as long as you like - it'll not make you happier...

Rabbie

Sometimes less is an awful lot more...

'MK0' - Rab was there - what else is there...

Last edited:
Still enjoying a 11-year old TT, 10-year old RS3, and 5-year old SQ5 - and neither get me anywhere faster/quicker than the other - on today's dense-traffic/pot holed roads, just saying. Each are a different 'drive' mind, and each enjoyable in their own right. Then again I'm old enough to admit that - still don't get overtaken much...:racer:
lol l miss a fast car at times l am driving a 95 bhp fiesta well l think its a 95 bhp fiesta....erm...is it 95 bhp?....erm it sure feels like it...lol

lol l miss a fast car at times l am driving a 95 bhp fiesta well l think its a 95 bhp fiesta....erm...is it 95 bhp?....erm it sure feels like it...lol
Keep saying - "Sometimes less is an awful lot more"...

Keep saying - "Sometimes less is an awful lot more"...
One fact that is for sure the fiesta cost me less costs me nowt actually....well nothing in life is free but l am car payment free for the next 8/9 months

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc
One fact that is for sure the fiesta cost me less costs me nowt actually....well nothing in life is free but l am car payment free for the next 8/9 months
You say that but, purchased 22 June 1977 for £1150 (a lotta £s in 1977 if any of yous can remember, lol):

01 As purchased03 First Re Build 5 05 First Re Build 3

Sold 35 years and 200k-miles later for £40k plus - mega close to 2011 8P RS3 Cornflower blue money (do the maths)

45bvtc Sprint Judy Cognac 3380 H sprint5

So not necessarily true....

Note: still wanting, wanting, wanting to buy it back...​

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley
My Mrs hates the TT, she would much rather drive our A1 or A3.
I'm well happy!!

My Mrs liked the TT so much she bought an A1, however, she still thinks the TT is a hairdressers car.
I get all sorts of verbal from her and my friends BUT, I don't care, the TT imho, is one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, I love it.
I don't normally keep my cars for long, three years is the record so far (45 years of car ownership, lol) and, I've only ever bought the same car twice (years apart I might add), I normally begin to get itchy feet after a year, however, the TT is such good fun I reckon she's a keeper.
Very little space, grace and pace, lol.
I plan to get it into first class condition with a few subtle modifications that will make it even better than it is already.
I'm happy.

Reactions: CarChris
so as you can see the Mrs loves the mk2 tt so I bought a mk1 to go with it as a little project as some of you know and she loves that one as well and thinks its going to be hers when it is done lol