What DV is this?

Dean_T

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Any ideas, had it fitted some time ago, maybe a few years I think :uhm:

I'm guessing it isn't a 007p...?

I have been away from these forums for a good few years and heard the lastest buzz on DVs (after reading for a few hours lol) is the 007p.

To be honest what drove me here is hearing a few other A3 Turbos running round with some nice blow off (oo-er) noise so I'm looking to beef mine up a bit, I fancy a bit of a change :superman:

After a bit of reading on here it sounds like a combination of the 007p, a green cotton filter panel and maybe a drilled airbox as done by wak (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=817556&postcount=3) may be the way to go?

All help appreciated :beerchug:

Cheers,
Dean.

Looks like the 007p or maybe the 006, get some better pics up.

Yeah looks like the one before the 007

Yeah looks like the one before the 007

Cheers, I had a suspicion but wanted clarification from someone who knew more than me! :)

If you want a bit more noise from it you should go for the Forge SplitR...

http://www.carperformancepartsuk.co...rge-Split-R-Recirculating-Blow-Off-Valve.html

I was tempted with the SplitR but after searching on here a few people have had problems with them and reverted to the 007.

Using a 007 hooked up backwards may be the route I go for I think, found a vid on youtube that sounds ok and the 007 is quite highly regarded on here too :)

Anyone have any views about the Green air filter? Good or bad idea? :)

I really dont want to go the induction kit route as that generally sounds like a performance loss and I had one destroy a MAF on a previous car.

Looks like a THS DV off Olly which is a good copy off the 007P.

that's a Forge Eliminator valve I believe. a diaphram type valve made by forge before the 007p. I bid on one on ebay from forge direct without realising it was a diaphram valve, and when I contacted them they very kindly agreed to give me a 007p for the £48 I had bid for the older eliminator!

So long as it's not split, it's a perfectly good valve