What features don't you use?

The hi-viz vest hidden away in the very thin storage pocket in the rear seats, thankfully not needed to date

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Folding mirrors.
All they do when folded is catch water which then leaves a dirty mark on your door as you unfold them each time and the water spills out.
I use them after I walk away! I can never remember if I've pushed the fob and locked the car!!! If I turn around and see the mirrors tucked in I know I have :) I got into work the other week and couldn't recall locking the car, rather than walk all the way back (5 mins) I called a work mate and asked if he could drive past my car on his way in and check to see if my mirrors were folded in...they were so it put my mind at ease ;)

Reactions: rasA4, WarwickL, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
To be pedantic for a moment:

Folded mirrors is not a reliable indication that the car is currently locked.

Folded mirrors just indicate that the car had been locked at some time - and could be currently unlocked.

ALSO

You can have the tailgate on the first latch (ie: half locked), press the lock button, the mirrors fold, and the indicators flash.
And your car is in a half-secure situation - but you think everything is OK, because the mirrors folded.

It's not infallible.
:D

Reactions: Blackwhite
Does the car not automatically lock anyway after a few minutes if left with the doors shut and no key in the ignition?

Does the car not automatically lock anyway after a few minutes if left with the doors shut and no key in the ignition?
This is usually only if you have previously unlocked it and not opened any doors or the boot since

So it won't auto-lock itself if you've been for a drive, get out and forget to lock it

Auto wipers and lights...i'm cleaver enough to realise when its raining or dark...

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Auto wipers and lights...i'm cleaver enough to realise when its raining or dark...

Wise you are my young padawan!! lol

Personally I think the auto lights/wipers are superb, particularly the wipers. No more fart-arsing about switching between intermittent and normal, pretty faultless setup I reckon.........:whistle2:

Reactions: Beery
Wise you are my young padawan!! lol

Personally I think the auto lights/wipers are superb, particularly the wipers. No more fart-arsing about switching between intermittent and normal, pretty faultless setup I reckon.........:whistle2:
I have to agree, I really like them

Yeah but that's because the Aussie's get all the knock-off kit that doesn't work properly.................:whistle2:

Reactions: WarwickL
Nah Si, we get all the stuff for free that you fools pay for :)

......I won't begrudge you yer boot mat Warwick............you enjoy it ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Free B&O helps

...............one can only imagine the sick and depraved acts you were called upon to perform to bag that...................:whistle2:

attachment.php

Reactions: Blackwhite, Mike1981, WarwickL and 3 others
Never use ACC or any other drive select mode always Dynamic. CD player also never used.

I have Start/Stop switched permanently off. I never use Hold Assist and never use any of the 'phone' functions as the only phone I have in car is in the centre console and always switched off. Other that that I do use most of the 'features' fitted, some only once in a while.

How did you manage to disable start/stop permanently?

How did you manage to disable start/stop permanently?
It can be done using VCDS.
Go to Module 19 (Can Gateway)
Adaption (10)
Go to channel: Star-stop-voltage-limit
The default is 7.6V - change this value to 12.1V.

Mine has never cut in since I made this change.

Reactions: oc-quattro
Ahhh, you got the ol console tidy did you..........yer flash ******!! lol

(keep toying with the idea of getting one myself......in fact I think I probably will!!)

Yep, its my token gesture to vehicle modification along with the LED torch thing that goes in the cigarette lighter socket

Where can you get one of those from?

There was a thread a while back which you might find on the search but from memory I think they are on eBay?

Reactions: Daveotto
Indicators - don't want to wear out the stalk switches...

Reactions: Gazjs
Any AM/FM radio station other than DAB broadcasts - really pleased with it.

Reactions: Simon L
On my MK7 Golf GTi I got 'Park Assist' added on to the options...I used it once and it frightened the bejesus out of me....kept trying to hold onto the steering wheel....I'll never have that again...too freaky for me

Reactions: Rob2k68 and WarwickL
Not so much not use as take no notice of - the green arrow telling me to change up when in Manual on my DSG box.

Never knew Audi had a sense of humour!

Reactions: h5djr and Rob2k68
  1. Cruise Control
  2. Ashtray (came straight out and vanished somewhere in the house)
  3. Eco mode (not a fan!)
  4. Stop/Start

Reactions: pburv