What fix should be applied to this deep scratch?

jimmydougle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently bought a 2018 R8 V10 Plus. Had a minor issue on pickup and between work being done on the car and picking it up, someone had accidentally caused some damage to the front right corner of the bumper. Must have either hit a kerb or scraped it on a ramp. They're deep scratches and clearly down to the metal.

Just as a second opinion... what do you think the best fix for this could be? Do you reckon a respray would return it to good condition?

R8 1
R8 2
R8 3

I’m assuming the ‘someone’ who carelessly caused this is now breathing through a straw ?!!!! They would be if it was my R8 !
All joking aside, hope you get it fixed Jimmy - beautiful motor !

Haha thanks Lesley.

I'm staying relatively calm about it. Nothing to be achieved by becoming upset about these kind of things. Just glad I saw it before taking the car back!

Reactions: LesleyG
Looks simple enough, needs rubbing flat, primed, painted & lacquered, in the location of the scratches, you could easily get away with a minor repair without the whole area being sprayed imho, depends on how anal one could be tbh, its clearly from someone not realising how low the car can be & has caught the ground, road hump etc.

Thanks that’s very reassuring. I’m no expert on this, so didn’t know the art of the possible when it comes to minor repairs like this.
One less thing to worry about now :)

The carbon surround looks untouched or it would be a very expensive repair for the seller.

That's deep, I had the same issue before and it is due to my neighbor's husky. I brought it to an auto service shop instead of a dealer store because it will expensive to pay for a tri-coat. They repainted my bumper and now it is good as new. So far my neighbor is kind because he paid for the damage that his pet made.

That's deep, I had the same issue before and it is due to my neighbor's husky. I brought it to an auto service shop instead of a dealer store because it will expensive to pay for a tri-coat. They repainted my bumper and now it is good as new. So far my neighbor is kind because he paid for the damage that his pet made.
Fantastic, that's so reassuring. Amazing what miracles they can perform these days.