What gets your OCD going?

lil_coz

Reaction score
Just a little thread to see what weird and wonderful pet hates you girls/guys have when it comes to your cars?

For me it's the following:
  • All the air vents must be centered, apart from the ones at the far right/left. These have to be pointing at the windows.
  • The temperature on the A/C has to be the same on both sides, and must be a whole number.
  • The passenger seat absolutely must be level with the driver's seat. And the back has to be in the same position too.
  • If I use the sun visor, I have to put it back up when I'm done with it. So when I get out the car, it goes up.
  • When I let people out of the back, the seat has to go back into position. If on the passenger side they let whoever out the back and don't put the seat up and they close the door, I have to go round and put the seat back up again.
OCD at it's best! lol

Reactions: Marko Marks
Just a little thread to see what weird and wonderful pet hates you girls/guys have when it comes to your cars?

• All the air vents must be centered, apart from the ones at the far right/left. These have to be pointing at the windows.
  • The temperature on the A/C has to be the same on both sides, and must be a whole number.
  • The passenger seat absolutely must be level with the driver's seat. And the back has to be in the same position too.
  • If I use the sun visor, I have to put it back up when I'm done with it. So when I get out the car, it goes up.
  • When I let people out of the back, the seat has to go back into position. If on the passenger side they let whoever out the back and don't put the seat up and they close the door, I have to go round and put the seat back up again.
OCD at it's best! lol

I do all of those!!! maybe were all weird and having an audi is just an excuse?

:lmfao: Not just me then. That's comforting! :beerchug:

I'm the same as all of yours as well, can't stand it when people don't put it back to how it was when they got in the car, but also adding:

Volume must be either a even number or a multiple of 5, multiple of 5 before even number, so 35 over 34 say; this is the same with the TV as well though :think:

Much the same and the volume knob on my sat nav has to point up and the fag lighter has to be horizontal

Reactions: M88UES and MartayMcFly
the radio has to be on a even number same as the climate , on the climate they both have to match , on the dis it has to be on the range ,the cigarete blank has to be in line with the centre console , all the ash tray and the cup holder cover has to be shut at all times , the air vents have to be all matching , when parked the wheels have to be straight , i keep a bottle of quick detailer in the car with a mire fibre if any bird poo gets on the paint i clean it off right away , when locking the car i always check the door twice to see if its locked

Last edited:
It's CDO man not OCD

You have to get in order dude..

p.s. I have been known to walk round the house with a spirit level lining my pictures up properly.

I do all of these things.

On a slightly down tone, had my car in today. Forgot to tell them not to clean the car. DAMN!! Put the iTorch on it, fine scratches everywhere. Never put the iTorch on it before so can't be sure it was them. Car being detailed next week by Ti22 though so all should be removed. I hope! On the up side, was given a brand new A5 SLine 2.0T Cabriolet in Monza Silver. It was lush!

Headrests both back and front have to be level
Arm rest has to be perfectly horizontal
Key must be inserted in ignition so buttons face away from you
Rear windows must have child lock on so the yellow button on drivers door is illuminated
Nothing and I mean nothing should be in the boot or door pockets
Last stations on RNS-E must be in numerical order

:)

Rear windows must have child lock on so the yellow button on drivers door is illuminated

I think your just been extremely picky and weird now :p

And this.

I actually avoid touching my rns-e buttons and climate control buttons for fear of peeling the black off the buttons.

I only have passengers in the car at weekends, by Monday the car will be fully hoovered (carpet and seats with a stiff brush attachment, trim and dashboard with a horse hair brush attachment).

Oh and the service history and all paperwork is immaculate. Original owners manuals and paperwork for everything, every mot certificate, all in a crisp leather audi wallet.

Also, when its just me in the car, I have the left hand side vents shut, so the air is only directed on to me.

:tumble:

Oh and I always have 2 'new car scent' magic trees in the car at any time, in the rear trim side pockets out of view.

I also keep a 9 led torch, victorinox credit card utility tool, tic tacs, chewing gum and kfc freshen up wipes spread out between the glove box, ashtray and the cubby under and to the right of the steering wheel.

Last edited:
totaly agree with all this

i also have to have all my rear seat belts clicked into :wacko:

Reactions: leach76
totaly agree with all this

Ha ha me aswell,

Audi shows i can imagine been very boring and embarrassing if we all got together,i take it we all wear the same brown cords and smoke woodbines?

I have to admit I suffer many of these issues, and I'm driven nuts by the fact the RNSE knob never seems to be 100% straight up at 12 o'clock!

I can't bear dust on my speedo screen, or finger prints on rnse / interior trim - keep a stash of glass cleaning cloths / micofibre cloth under the seat to do occasional OCD cleaning!

Always keep a Neutradol in the back of the driver door pocket., but nothing else on show in the car!

I'm sure many mates think I've got issues, but I'd argue it's standards!! So pleased you lot have similar ticks!

I too have standards *ahem*....

Another is clean clear glass. I love screen washing a mucky screen and the brilliant wipers doing their job then the pesky teardrop sweep knacks it all up again GRRRRR. Also don't like winding windows open if they are damp / wet for fear of smearing. Another reason why I like Duxback as it really keeps the optics clearer.

When I wash the car I like to get at least 2 days worth of sparkly spotless driving. I feel cheated if the car gets mucky straight away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marko Marks
Vents are always level and centred, vertically and horizontally; climate has to be even numbers; NEVER touch the volume knob on the RNS-E, it has to be pointing up (that's what they invented MFSW for); cigarette lighter is parralel with bottom of AC unit; windows only have 3 settings - up, down, or in like with corner just inside of wiong mirrors.

I'm OK with my seats being out of line, and can't tell what volume the stereo is at. Rear belts is a safety thing, apparently it stiffens up the split-fold back of the seats so in the event of a collision there's less chance of something coming through from the boot.

I was talking to mates the other day about the OCD things I do with the car, most have aready been mentioned. I never told them that I clean out the bits of scum that build up in the grooves of the key with a pin...they would probablly run away from me.

I can't have my stereo's volume set to 13, which is a pain because 12 tends to be too quiet and 14 is too loud. :banghead:

I never told them that I clean out the bits of scum that build up in the grooves of the key with a pin...they would probablly run away from me.

I thought this was only me! :D

Also my air fresheners have a life cycle, once it has a good enough run on the rear view mirror it gets replaced by a new one and then goes into the rear passenger door holder slot. When the new one has had its day and is banished to the passenger slot, the OLD OLD one gets hung on that little hook in the boot.
I defy anyone to stick their nose into any part of my car, look me in the eye and tell me it doesn't smell like black ice/new car scent.

I do a few, others don't bother me - I've not got climate control yet, however, so that one might start happening soon.

Also my air fresheners have a life cycle, once it has a good enough run on the rear view mirror it gets replaced by a new one and then goes into the rear passenger door holder slot. When the new one has had its day and is banished to the passenger slot, the OLD OLD one gets hung on that little hook in the boot.
I defy anyone to stick their nose into any part of my car, look me in the eye and tell me it doesn't smell like black ice/new car scent.
having a nice smelling car is just law i think i hate getting into some cars and they smell so bad my own car always smells so clean and fresh , but i have to admit sometimes i do chuck out the air freshener for a while and get the smell of the leather when i open the door you know your driving a nice car then :wub:

Most of the above, but NOBODY is allowed to move the drivers seat. Or the armrest...

Most of the above, but NOBODY is allowed to move the drivers seat. Or the armrest...

YES! I used to let family members move my car if I was blocking them in, now my keys never leave my sight. Its just safer for everyone this way.

Volume must be either a even number or a multiple of 5, multiple of 5 before even number, so 35 over 34 say; this is the same with the TV as well though :think:

lol I like that one! I haven't got numbers on mine, so thankfully that's something I haven't got to worry about!

the fag lighter has to be horizontal

YES! I used to do that in my TDi! lol Got the no smoking pack in the S, so I'm ok now! lol

That for me too! And perfectly horizontal isn't all the way down, but up a bit. And if I go too far, I bring it all the way up, then all the way down, then up a bit! lol

And the keys, the buttons have to face towards me. Doesn't feel right when they face the other way and I turn it!

Noooo! That totally spoils the symmetry!:whip:

I agree with Silky! Mine can't have a twist in them, or come out wonky. They have to be perfectly straight!

Another is clean clear glass. I love screen washing a mucky screen and the brilliant wipers doing their job then the pesky teardrop sweep knacks it all up again GRRRRR.

I'm the same! I go through screen wash like it's going out of fashion! lol Can't bear having even the tinyest spec, I have to wash it off!

windows only have 3 settings - up, down, or in like with corner just inside of wiong mirrors.

I actually laughed when I read this, because I'm the same! :laugh:

having a nice smelling car is just law i think i hate getting into some cars and they smell so bad my own car always smells so clean and fresh , but i have to admit sometimes i do chuck out the air freshener for a while and get the smell of the leather when i open the door you know your driving a nice car then :wub:

I can't have trees hanging from my rear view mirror! I have no air fresheners or anything. I like the smell of leather (only in the car before someone pipes up with a smart comment lol), and when that goes, out comes a bottle of leather treatment that brings it all back again!

WOW far out people! I feel like the real freak now, what with me being the odd one out and all that - apart from having a tendancy to 'like' the volume knob facing upwardfs i dont suffer from ANY of the above! Im guilty of keeping an old beer towel (John Smiths Ale) folded up in the slot under the steering wheel for wiping the dipstick off after oil checks but thats it, apart from that anything goes in my car aprt from sitting on the buckets side bolsters when getting in and out...:icon_thumright: my side pockets / glove box / boot are all filled with loads of stuff... tissues, pens, tape measures, lighters, coins, cd,s... blah blahhh...

ACTUALLY!! I do have one ocd thing - sun visers (and small middle viser) must be down at ALL times touching/resting against the windscreen....:whistle2:

LOCK ME UP!:tapedshut:

Reactions: RedDejavu

That is hilarious!!, my misses has to nip out to the car and remove any junk from door pockets/boot etc before we go out as she knows i'll be in bad form if there's anything lurking in the door pockets that doesnt resemble fresh air!!! am i a bad man!!!!

Who puts their car on a lift amd cleans the underside and uses rubber treatment and chrome polish? Me.I even powder coated my vf engineering dogbone mount and nobody can see it. But tbh, when i see warren's and N8's cars, my OCD GOES INTO OVERDRIVE!

OCD at it's best! lol

Are we related? If i showed this to my GF she'd well think you were me!

Do you do this though? If you wash the car and you go out, then open the window do you have to open it all the way down and then go back up to the position you want so you don't get 'THE LINE'.. Properly ****** me off that does haha.

And don't get me started on this stuff:

bird_poo430x300.jpg

Panther seems to be a moving target for it in my neck of woods