What have you done in your B9 today

Car was repaired today after it was damaged last week by some inconsiderate sod. Before and after pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    916 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: S.line
Pretty impressive. I'd be happy with that.

I remember an advert on tv about the putting energy back into systems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't show any green battery neither does the bar shoot across. Also, as far as I understand, there is no secondary battery I have heard of..

Mine doesn't show any green battery neither does the bar shoot across. Also, as far as I understand, there is no secondary battery I have heard of..
Isn't it just telling you that it's using regenerative braking to put energy back into the battery?

Reactions: Dmrqwq
Isn't it strange that it seems no-one knows for sure what its there for.
I thought it was just `saying` that the battery was fully charged.

See fuel consumption/recuperation info below from the manual...

IMG 0570

Reactions: duckduck
First decent length journey in the S4 today, North East England to North Wales. Really taken with the ease of the drive, effortless on the country roads, sublime on the motorway. Average of 31.pg over 200 miles in cruise at NSL with Mum, Dad & 2 kids plus a full boot.
Road noise virtually non existent except on a really poor road surface. The massage seat was a real winner, nice to flick that on after an hour or so behind the wheel and get a gentle wave as I cruised down the M1!

Reactions: Keef, Bungle17, Dave70 and 4 others
Not the best day... Had a crash.

Pulling out of work car park, turning left (but cars to my left so limited visibility), Pull out (2m's forward max) and a bike comes straight across my path. Car did Audi pre-sense stop, but because of the direction and positioning of the bike he clipped me.

Dent on my bonnet, scrape on the bumper, light and license plate. He came off the bike after a controlled stop. Broken plastics. But no-one was hurt.

All on CCTV and we are both employed at the same company. Its a company car so its being dealt by them, but still, so ******* angry and annoyed it happened...

Not the best day... Had a crash.

Pulling out of work car park, turning left (but cars to my left so limited visibility), Pull out (2m's forward max) and a bike comes straight across my path. Car did Audi pre-sense stop, but because of the direction and positioning of the bike he clipped me.

Dent on my bonnet, scrape on the bumper, light and license plate. He came off the bike after a controlled stop. Broken plastics. But no-one was hurt.

All on CCTV and we are both employed at the same company. Its a company car so its being dealt by them, but still, so ******* angry and annoyed it happened...

Sorry to hear that - as you say though, at least no one was hurt.

Reactions: rams_s3, Brasso and duckduck
Not a good day but as above...saw a nasty crash this morning where a b7 went into the back/side of a mini. Both write offs.

Sorry to hear that - as you say though, at least no one was hurt.

Only thing hurt was my ego!

Waved goodbye to the car for a while yesterday. Was collected yesterday by the insurance company for inspection and repair. Currently unknown how long it will be away for. I found the garage it is going too, and googled it and now scared myself due to the horror stories, so will be inspecting the car with a fine tooth comb when it comes back!

The insurance company dropped off a Citroen C4 Catus 1 .6 diesel (In Purple) as a courtesy car.... which was horrible. Luckily the girl in charge of company cars here took pitty on me and offered me one of the company pool cars instead. 2012 BMW 320i SE.

Think I've been spoilt by Audi now tho because even the BMW is abit... meh, maybe because its older, or its SE compared to S-Line. But inside just feels cheap compared and missing alot of equipment I've gotten use too.

I can't wait until it comes back, its like waiting for delivery all over again.

Reactions: duckduck and pierreluigi88
Yes the 3-series se is very plasticky and cheap rent interior. Put me well off buying one...

Could you not choose your own repairer?

Could you not choose your own repairer?

No, as its company insurance and stuff they are dealing with it. They are letting me inspect the work when the car comes back so I can accept or reject it. If we reject it, then we can send it where we want. But hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.

Had an update, New Bonnet, New Grill and respray on the front bumper. Parts are expected to arrive over the weekend. Hopefully get another update on Monday.

Today I am been mostly avoiding flying debris! Bit blustery oop North to say the least!!

Today I am been mostly avoiding flying debris! Bit blustery oop North to say the least!!

+1 dodging trees.... the AMG63 took the fall for both me and potentially my car (its in the far right of the photo)... I was standing where I took the photo when it came down. Well not literally standing waiting for it to happen, running towards my car to move it away from these trees. In the words of Clarkson, a little bit of poo came out.

Hit the roof of the AMG 63 and slid down the back, no glass damage but rear quarter panel and roof have nice big dents in them. Poor guy.

Decided it was time to leave work for the day after that, so had to contend with road closures everywhere I turned, Thellwall viaduct, a50, a5033, ended up going 20 miles out of the way to Manchester and back with temporary roadwork's signs shooting all over the motorway instead.

View attachment 118258

I feel the problem has started since they started naming what is normal winter storms...

Reactions: ub7rm, duckduck and ANX
20170223 120133

Not sure why upload didn't work the first time..!

It did...it was certainly there when I read your post earlier.

Dodging cones on the M56 and avoiding people that drive like complete plonkers in adverse weather. Really impressed with the road holding of the S4 in some pretty horrendous conditions, other cars Aquaplaning and the S4 just sat steady and true.

Reactions: Dave70, Thundercliffe81, Keef and 1 other person
307 mile round trip from midlands to Liverpool and back today. Car was excellent even in the gusty wind on the m6, lots of damage and debris on the roads to avoid as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: duckduck, Keef and Thundercliffe81
Got my car back today!

Repaired Bumper & Bonnet. New Grill & Number plate and some other odd bits.
All looks ok, but it is throwing it down. I moved it under cover and dried the car best I could and can't find any problems.

Only did 18 miles there and back so hasn't been driven around in and they didn't wash it either as requested.

The only annoying bit is, they have removed the battery at some point as its lost it long term memory! I was hoping it keep that going as long as possible so could compare it to fuelly. But that's it.

So happy to have it back. As I have a 4 hour journey down to Cardiff tomorrow and I didn't want to do it in anything else!

Reactions: duckduck, Buck, S.line and 2 others
307 mile round trip from midlands to Liverpool and back today. Car was excellent even in the gusty wind on the m6, lots of damage and debris on the roads to avoid as well.

Looking forward to the first long trip. The A4 B9 is such a massive leap over the previous MY A5. I really appreciate every minute with this car whereas the 5 always felt like a little bit of a let-down.

Reactions: A4B9 and Keef
Went on the first proper drive yesterday, fantastic car, so quiet, the automatic gearbox, auto cruise control, and lane assist all excellent. Then on the way home had first bit of night driving, matrix headlights in action and those extended interior leds looked really cool!

Blown away with it, far better than I was expecting and more than a slight improvement over my Seat Leon...

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, duckduck and Keef
Not today, but the weekend, Nice 9 hours worth of driving / 400 miles between Stoke and Cardiff.
4 Adult Passengers and Full Boot - 39.4 mpg overall. Mixture of motorways (Speeds of 50 to 77), country lanes and city traffic.

God I've missed the car!
Now for this weekend to roll round so I can give it a good cleaning.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and cuke2u
Looked at how dirty mine was. Nice day for a wash but too busy with work to get a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81