What Have You Done To Keep Your Mind Off The Waiting? Confessional.

F

Foxtrot_Oscar

I am probably the most impatient person on this planet. When I want something I want it now! When I set my mind to something I also can't let anything else get in the way.

In terms of wait time, I am probably quite lucky compared to some on here as I got an existing build slot changed to my spec. But that doesn't make it any easier...

I find myself checking this site every half hour or so out of habit. I have a few sites I go around on a regular daily basis to keep me occupied - oh and of course work. Work has been a saviour to me and kept my mind busy and on other tasks.

I think I have watched every video that exists on the S3 on You Tube. I have gone through all the reviews, even in languages I don't understand just to see the car. I have covered all the videos I could find on the MMI and connect so I am ready to go. I set up MyAudi months ago with nothing to put in it as the car is yet to be built so I have no VIN number. I have saved searches on TweetDeck just for tweets on S3 with images and video. I have been through the photo thread here about 20 odd times. I have screen savers of a 3dr Sepang S3, just so I can catch a glimpse every now and again and admire it. With the 64 Reg collection this last week I have found myself at various Audi dealers looking for 3dr Sepangs to get my fix and see it in the flesh. I'm obsessed!!!

I challenge anyone to find anything S3 related online that I haven't seen at least once. Most stuff, like the Xcar review for example, I have seen about 40 times.

My name is PhilA4 and I am addicted. Please help! I want my car, now!

P.S.
I know that once I have it and the initial enthusiasm is spent driving and enjoying it, it will also soon be back to just a car and my attention will drift to something else. Why do we get like this?? Where is my car??!!!

Anyone else feeling this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: guari, mfl, jaguar1187 and 3 others
Your car is in the same place mine was, at the back of the queue behind the S5's..... ;)

But don't worry, you'll find something else to focus on with the car when it arrives, nothing about your obsession will change...!!

Reactions: Sandra and Foxtrot_Oscar
Similar to you except I can wait, work related issues and selling off the current car plus some other bits so I'm happy to wait. That's not to say I don't want it now though!

Have you seen the S3 sedan video of the china person? ... you said you've seen them all :idea:

Ahh - so you can register on MyAudi before you get the VIN number? I assumed you needed it. That's something else I can do!
I've never experienced anything like this wait! Unfortunately I didn't find this forum until I had ordered the car, so that has resulted in several spec changes!

You can still register a username and password on the site but not a vehicle until you've the vin....

It's been a hard day today.

The car gets built next week, so I am getting nervous and excited at that fact. But, I am going on a West Highland holiday second week of October and while my order form says October 3rd expected delivery, I am now scared that might be pushing it. I have everything planned in terms of photo locations (including the Skyfall spot) during the holiday to show her off, and it will be bliss driving on some of the best roads in the country in my new S3. But, it might not happen and I can't think of anything worse than taking my A4 tractor...
I was away on business last week and that kept me busy and most of this week has been the same - busy and get the head down - but today. Today has just been a day of looking out the window and at screen savers of a Sepang Blue 3dr S3 and dreaming about those twisty Scottish Highland roads and the Bond theme...

I want my car!!!! :audibash::sob:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just rememeber one thing... "Waiting is ALSO part of the Pleasure..." :)

Reactions: mcnallys
You want to know something frustrating I went to order a car 6 month ago for September 1st ordered etc etc September 1st comes and haven't heard nothing so go to the dealership, turns out the car was never ordered and the salesman has since left!

So my boss if fuming but as we do things every September I now have to wait till next year before I can re order hoping for September 1st delivery but now 2015

Wow that hurts! did you ever chase them up for an official build date? That would mean it should of been on the system.

You want to know something frustrating I went to order a car 6 month ago for September 1st ordered etc etc September 1st comes and haven't heard nothing so go to the dealership, turns out the car was never ordered and the salesman has since left!

So my boss if fuming but as we do things every September I now have to wait till next year before I can re order hoping for September 1st delivery but now 2015

Beyond a joke!

Man 18 month wait, think that breaks all forum records!

I have been told March!!! From an august order!!! Then told they've sourced a slot for last week of December, I've watched every YouTube vid a hundred times and just from being on here I've added another £1500 of options!!!! Tossers

I have been told March!!! From an august order!!! Then told they've sourced a slot for last week of December, I've watched every YouTube vid a hundred times and just from being on here I've added another £1500 of options!!!! Tossers

This is why my wife has hidden the brochure lol

The wait can get very expensive. My problem is the detailing stuff I'm buying for the 'new arrival' :keule::D

Wow that hurts! did you ever chase them up for an official build date? That would mean it should of been on the system.

Tbh once it was ordered and deposit paid I left it in the hands of the company and tbh we never hear anything when we order cars we just tell them when we want them and then ring on September 1st to organise pick up.

Yep I'm not happy but not much I can do

Wow you guys have it hard, I'm just glad i'm on the mainland EU so I have a left hand driven car, lots more made and a lot shorter waitinglist.
Still 3 months tho :(
(mine should be ready somewhere half way December.

What wax do you use Bristle? I'm tempted to try the Dodo juice as Its been recommended to me
Depends what you want out of the wax? Price, durability, shine etc etc

I've got some Poorboys Nattys blue to try on the S3, ridiculously cheap but the durability isn't to good but doesn't really effect me as I clean my cars quite regularly. The wax that arrived yesterday was a less than half price group buy, Migliore Original Blend Carnauba Wax which I think will be my long term wax on the S3 :thumbs up:

Heard great things about Collinite 476S, good durability for a reasonable price

If you fancy pushing the boat out, you could always get some of this - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/swissvax-crystal-rock.html :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So many waxes so little time :laugh:

This is why my wife has hidden the brochure lol

The wait can get very expensive. My problem is the detailing stuff I'm buying for the 'new arrival' :keule::D

yup, sealant bought, slot with obsidian detailing booked. Some rather nice 'quatrro' decals bought. Roll on March, PLEASE!

yup, sealant bought, slot with obsidian detailing booked. Some rather nice 'quatrro' decals bought. Roll on March, PLEASE!
Wonder what else you've bought by the time it arrives ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

+1 for 476, that's my 'go to' wax. Great reviews on Soft99 Fusso at the minute.

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Wonder what else you've bought by the time it arrives ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Don't ask,I'm already in the dog house for buying two syringes of opti coat 2.0. Toying with the idea of putting ventureshield on the front too.

I have bought so much stuff - SWMBO has suggested I use them in her Q5! The Blackfire wax stays on the tin; I'll use up my other stuff first!!