What have you done to your 8V today?

Indeed. I always do.

I did 15 around and 50 on the shield.
Looks good but night driving must be eventful . I've tinted driver and passenger windows before and they were hard enough to see out of in low light. But at least you could put them down if needs be.

Looks good but night driving must be eventful . I've tinted driver and passenger windows before and they were hard enough to see out of in low light. But at least you could put them down if needs be.
It sounds like it would be an issue but it is t at all. 50 is basically a clear window. Only reduces glare and stops UV really. You don't even notice inside the car. No one even mentions it. Evens out the look from the outside though by making it seem a little cloudy.

Thanks for the sunglasses link :)

Lol That's the VCDS document which I created. On my car I cannot perform the change due to it asking for a security access code, which it does not seem to want on other cars :(

Ya I think the first time I did it, it was rejected, however then I put in more of the access codes and it worked like a champ. Thanks again for making that document, came in incredibly handy to have it all in one place. If you need more codes when you update the document, let me know as I have found a bunch more. :cheerful:

Gave the old girl a scrub:

Getting some good gloss levels from brilliant red as well...

Stopped for some air and the car looked great in the dusk light, shame the camera doesn't pick it up very well though:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and AndyB-S3
Ya I think the first time I did it, it was rejected, however then I put in more of the access codes and it worked like a champ. Thanks again for making that document, came in incredibly handy to have it all in one place. If you need more codes when you update the document, let me know as I have found a bunch more. :cheerful:
Send em over!!! :)

Was worried about locking out the control module so have not mapped codes to adaptations yet.

Filled her up with V-Power and a random guy started chatting to me about how nice a car it was.. this has never happened to me before.. felt rather strange. He then invited me out in his Porsche Boxster and a meet up and drive out in the countryside.. #washecomingontome??.. hahah

Seriously though, in this day and age these sort of people are few an far between...was a nice change! :)

Reactions: Steph67
Filled her up with V-Power and a random guy started chatting to me about how nice a car it was.. this has never happened to me before.. felt rather strange. He then invited me out in his Porsche Boxster and a meet up and drive out in the countryside.. #washecomingontome??.. hahah

Seriously though, in this day and age these sort of people are few an far between...was a nice change! :)

Maybe wear a longer skirt next time?

And show a little less cleavage? :grinning:

#dundeetrannies :sign yum:

Reactions: CHEZ, ACWKGYTO and AndyB-S3
Steady on Steph!!.. Skirt...seriously what do you take me for?...It's a bit colder today so had my yoga pants on instead.... :hubbahubba:

Will need to downsize my chicken fillets too..

#dundeeiswhereitsat :yahoo:

Reactions: CHEZ, ACWKGYTO and Steph67
Today the sun is not shinning in Catalonia so I spent 5 hours washing+ detailing.

Before:

87a623919802d957d6f7a63006294e50.jpg

ae37475f85d3c3b6107d0b214115581f.jpg

b3393ba1c1c46c86536ee62251c1666b.jpg

47b15b199085531c8ccf7f52e33ab59c.jpg

b090199f038457fe2bac1009ec8c7aee.jpg

After:

8262174bfd2777798484fb29e2626432.jpg

34a9f617b8c3e354929aaf2a238f9161.jpg

25ed079df01afa68924113424e81bcae.jpg

f28616070835595ce400168ee2892fa2.jpg

8d373843f798a44574a5fca3440c26f9.jpg

Regards.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Topped my screen wash up, then gave the engine bay a wipe down and found this

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Steering wheel re-trim, nice and grippy
e17874d6f1ba3d623fbf44f6b517b0e3.jpg

Reactions: Fab_R, Fiddie, Don76 and 2 others
I've just bought this

Hope I like the black on black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 402
Finally picked it up!

So far grinning ear to ear. Pics to follow...

Reactions: Simon L, ACWKGYTO, Ben Daniel Grant and 1 other person
IMG 20150820 154242
100 miles down...no doubt many more to come with smile after smile...Oh and a dtuk box!IMG 20150820 153114

Reactions: Simon L
Hoofed it to pass someone on the way home. Put a big smile on my face.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
I put a cheeky bid but lost, hope you get it fitted and working. Be interested to know how it goes.

The t###sser that sold them completely wasted my time and money, not as described, bits had been glued back on, and the box he sent them in was mouldy ! Joker....got my money back just trying to get my return postage back threatening with negative feedback, what a tool !

Had a pre-Nurburgring alignment check as at 130mph on the autobahn the rear end got a bit floaty last month.
Well turns out the alignment on the rear was completely out of spec so had it done to golf r specs with a little negative camber (within factory settings) added... Also had the front done too.

Worth getting your cars checked out too.
Just so you know the golf r has more negative camber on the rear and different toe on the front than the s3..... Which might have something to do with the handling difference.

Image Image

Reactions: Tej13, AndyB-S3 and Don76
I was like a big kid and had the best fun ever driving through the tunnels on the A55 in Wales today. The sound of my S3 in Dynamic accelerating with the windows down up to 6000 rpm made me very happy.

Reactions: Simon L, AndyB-S3 and Rob2k68
Thought how dirty it is and wondered when I'm going to get time to give it a wash.

Wiped some bird **** from my car today....how dare they !

One of the local cats seems to love the black bonnet of my car, bless, it could wipe its paws before it takes a walk all over my bonnet ! :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Today I have mostly been upsetting the wife!

She said "It's a nice day today, are you going to paint the drive gates?"....to which I replied: "No, I'm going to wash my car whilst it's dry" :)

Reactions: Daveotto, AndyB-S3, Simon L and 1 other person
Today I have mostly been upsetting the wife!

She said "It's a nice day today, are you going to paint the drive gates?"....to which I replied: "No, I'm going to wash my car whilst it's dry" :)

I think you could do both !

Today I kerbed an alloy and cracked the windscreen. Happy days.

Reactions: CHEZ
She's at the seaside for some R&R.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Fitted a badge! :)

I thought one end was slightly out, but it must be my eyes lol :D It's exactly 5mm both ends (of the red block) lower than the S3 one..neighbours must think I'm mad with a ruler measuring badges :p

IMG 2609

Reactions: Blackwhite, AndyB-S3, Simon L and 1 other person
H&R Antiroll bar fitted on the rear, car corners flat and feels very tight :D
Also installed Audi badges on my wheels :innocent:

Reactions: Fiddie and AndyB-S3
Fitted the RS3 grill today!

What a bitch of a job. Took 4 hours, but worth it :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440704359630633

Reactions: pat15312, Fab_R, Tej13 and 4 others
Forge intake hose fitted

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Fiddie
View attachment 50087
Fitted my S3 rear diffuser today. Just need to alter the exhaust hangar to suit tomorrow and it's sorted :)

Marc,

What p/n rear diffuser did you go for? Are you Sportback or saloon?

I pick my A3 2.0TDI S-Line Saloon up on Monday in exchange for my S5 ( :( ) and im looking at doing an S3 rear end.

2 buckets, Meguiars Wash n Wax, more microfibre towels, mitts and cloths than you can shake a stick at and the jobs a goodun :)

Looked like pearlescent liquid by the time I'd finished ;)

More wax on my paintwork than a Yankee Candle shop!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68