What have you done to your 8V today?

Just booked mine in for 4 wheel geometry.....after new tyres, which Ive just had rebalanced again,it still doesnt feel quite right, could it be down to the most shocking roads in the western world ! What a joke they are !

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959 and Jassyo06
Got my springs on today. Eibach sportline I didn’t want it too low just make the gap smaller. Still needs to settle

7193053c16ebfeae27b3fc8b960469dc.jpg
ecccba6349593ad93f076f960501382a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gavy, Tej13, Ron240 and 11 others
Got my springs on today. Eibach sportline I didn’t want it too low just make the gap smaller. Still needs to settle

Love to hear your thoughts on these....I’m really unsure if I should lower the my car on these ur really don’t want to ruin the ride quality or looks, well too chavvy...this looks really nice. Keen to see more photos of possible and your thoughts after a few days. F

Placed order on 18/6 and arrived today (21/6) so 4 days. Item was posted on Monday. Very fast shipping consider it comes from Canada.

Did you pay any taxes/import duties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. From experience the Eibachs settle very quickly and should not drop any further. :thumbs up:

Love to hear your thoughts on these....I’m really unsure if I should lower the my car on these ur really don’t want to ruin the ride quality or looks, well too chavvy...this looks really nice. Keen to see more photos of possible and your thoughts after a few days. F

Eibachs are a really great spring choice, they wont ruin the comfort / ride like other spring offerings and dont make the car look slammed etc. Would highly recommend either the Sportlines or Pro’s.

Further reading threads here and here and for difference between Pro and Sportline offerings on similar cars read here

Jungle

Reactions: T-800
Just booked mine in for 4 wheel geometry.....after new tyres, which Ive just had rebalanced again,it still doesnt feel quite right, could it be down to the most shocking roads in the western world ! What a joke they are !
4 new tyres jeezus you've not had the car that long mate?? ? Must be tearing up the tarmac lol

Reactions: NevMan

Can't see any difference from my standard suspension mate

DSC 0025 scaled

Also added a clearmount, I was impressed with how quickly it was delivered from Canada. One of the rings got bent in shipping though. I had no issue bending it back and installing it anyways. Managed to pry the vents out with my hands. Really like the mount so far. Manages to keep my Sony Z5C snug while driving over the horribly maintained Belgian roads. (By the way, if you Google around you can find %10 discount codes)

Also, I'm looking for a made to fit sunscreen for my A3. Sadly I have to leave it parked in the sun for 8 straight hours with no shade in sight. I'd rather not burn my hands after a day of hard work. Apparently it's going to be >30°C sometime during the coming week. Anyone knows of a good brand for that?

-Ice

Reactions: lucaslfc
View attachment 158548

Also added a clearmount, I was impressed with how quickly it was delivered from Canada. One of the rings got bent in shipping though. I had no issue bending it back and installing it anyways. Managed to pry the vents out with my hands. Really like the mount so far. Manages to keep my Sony Z5C snug while driving over the horribly maintained Belgian roads. (By the way, if you Google around you can find %10 discount codes)

Also, I'm looking for a made to fit sunscreen for my A3. Sadly I have to leave it parked in the sun for 8 straight hours with no shade in sight. I'd rather not burn my hands after a day of hard work. Apparently it's going to be >30°C sometime during the coming week. Anyone knows of a good brand for that?

-Ice

Seeing your comment has actually just convinced me to get a clearmount. Grabbed the QI charging version for mine.

I'm surprised so many people phone holders. I had one in my first 2 cars because there was no sat nav . My past 2 cars, the 8V have nav and bluetooth so I've never wanted my phone mounted.
I'm not sure really why people would need one? Unless you don't like the nav, or there is something with Android Auto / Apple Car play that I don't know about (not used them/don't have it)... or for conducting illegal activies :)

I'm surprised so many people phone holders. I had one in my first 2 cars because there was no sat nav . My past 2 cars, the 8V have nav and bluetooth so I've never wanted my phone mounted.
I'm not sure really why people would need one? Unless you don't like the nav, or there is something with Android Auto / Apple Car play that I don't know about (not used them/don't have it)... or for conducting illegal activies :)

Honestly, just got it for convenience sake. Sometimes car nav systems just don't fair well, and that's where TomTom will come in handy. Also.. wireless charging. Really wanted wireless charging in my vehicle.

Reactions: oli356
Honestly, just got it for convenience sake. Sometimes car nav systems just don't fair well, and that's where TomTom will come in handy. Also.. wireless charging. Really wanted wireless charging in my vehicle.

Have you tried Waze? It’s so much better than TomTom because it’s constantly updated by the users and it’s free and it’ll soon be on CarPlay

Have you tried Waze? It’s so much better than TomTom because it’s constantly updated by the users and it’s free and it’ll soon be on CarPlay
I haven't, but since I don't live in a highly populated area I couldn't imagine it being super useful. I'm actually not sure if I'll have CarPlay or not, is it available on PFL?

I used to use Waze before the Audis, deffo is a good app..

Me and a friend were leaving the Olympic Park area one afternoon heading somewhere else. He followed Waze, I followed Audi nav (SD card, no google traffic updates or whatever it is)... it took me like an hour and him 30 minutes or something. I wonder how much different it would be now with the live traffic updates etc.

Reactions: Paul Gilham
Badges and mirrors. New caliper face plates. Not cleaned the car yet, so please don't crucify me for a dirty car.
20180622 161743 1612x907
20180622 161748 1612x907
20180622 165252 1612x907
20180622 165436 1612x907
20180622 172748 907x1612

And I sprayed the bells of the discs
20180622 194603 1701x3024

Last edited:
Reactions: lucaslfc, Bells, BarryG79 and 5 others
Wagner intercooler ordered only a dp away from stage 2 now :racer:

Reactions: MikeParkin and jungle650
Not today but planning on cleaning my A3s engine bay and before I do that I'll for expert opinions. I have not done it before and therefore slightly nervous. I am planning on using Autogkym engine degreaser + BH Surfex HD and then coat the engine with CarPro Pearl.

Are there any specific areas or shall we say what areas should I cover. Would using a hose (definitely not using pressure washer) be a safe option or should I wipe clean after agitating the engine with degreaser/APC?

Would appreciate help. Thanks.

Reactions: Leevr

Video calling

Red stuff pads on today. Early days but after 1 drive no brake dust where the normal pads would have the wheels coated.

Calipers done. What a nightmare of a job. Started brush painting but was taking more paint off than going on. Reverted to masking and spraying. New caps finish it off nicely.
20180623 165945 3024x1701

Reactions: Gavy, Ron240, S3LOK and 2 others
Calipers done. What a nightmare of a job. Started brush painting but was taking more paint off than going on. Reverted to masking and spraying. New caps finish it off nicely.
View attachment 158693

Caliper plates looking fab buddy. Where did you get them from. I had my S4's recently done up but the '4' on n/s has just come off. Would like to do a permanent one rather than decals.

Caliper plates looking fab buddy. Where did you get them from. I had my S4's recently done up but the '4' on n/s has just come off. Would like to do a permanent one rather than decals.

Got the plates from Audi £37 each.

Reactions: V6_Man

6hours later. Snow foam.wash. claybar. Washed again. Paint cleanser applied. Then nice layer of alien 51 topped over with layer of nebula showroom wax that stuff is pukka
wheels tyres cleaned. Just didnt have it in me for exhaust tips lol.

Finish looks great. Would have liked to have borrowed me mates dual action an give it a polish as there's few light swirls but didnt have spare 6 to 8hours for that lol.

Time for a beer :)

Reactions: Gavy, Scotty75, S3LOK and 6 others
Washed, exhaust tips cleaned, put some S dust caps on (if you zoom in) and fitted some quattro decals on the rear doors. I didn't go for the official Audi ones because I think they look too big

Attachments

• IMG_26512.jpg
    IMG_26512.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
This arrived Friday, anybody got a link to a guide on rear bumper removal?
0dae086449686d946d7e7603d489bdd8.jpg
6dea59d10cd30a0d49b3febaf1380ed9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 392, MattSedg and Tom.H
I tried launch control for the first time today. The thing flew like s**t off a shovel, I wasn't quite expecting the initial acceleration! All good fun but not something I'd use too often unless showing friends or just fancying experiencing a bit of g-force.

Reactions: Tom.H, Pook and MattSedg
Fitted my milltek cat back exhaust, went with black GT tips non valve non res. Sounds mint!

Reactions: Leevr
got 43mpg out of her today, my personal record. more impressive is that it wasnt motorway, but on the a65 along the south of the yorky dales.

Reactions: Pook, Paul Gilham and Jbond312
got 43mpg out of her today, my personal record. more impressive is that it wasnt motorway, but on the a65 along the south of the yorky dales.

Blimey! I did an 8 hour drive yesterday, mostly M25/M4. I managed 39.8 in the end. I thought that was really impressive!

Reactions: MattSedg
Blimey! I did an 8 hour drive yesterday, mostly M25/M4. I managed 39.8 in the end. I thought that was really impressive!
this drive was an avg of 48ish mph on 60mph roads with traffic holding me back, so it wasnt really completely realistic, anytime i get about 35 im chuffed though.

Speed that cruise control was last set is my guess. Get a red dash on the normal analogue dials.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Paul Gilham