What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Cheers for that. @RobinA3 are you able to PM me the kit price for a 2012 Sportback? I'm assuming the fitting is relatively idiot proof? I just need to find someone local that's able to code them in for me
If you hit the @RobinA3 it will allow you to have a private conversation with him as he might not be following this post

Reactions: RobinA3
Cheers for that. @RobinA3 are you able to PM me the kit price for a 2012 Sportback? I'm assuming the fitting is relatively idiot proof? I just need to find someone local that's able to code them in for me

Yeah it is, that was the most involved mod on a car I've done, and I got it working with no problems using Robin's guide. Hardest part is cutting the plastic and removing some stubborn trim parts. But just take it slow and follow the guide, I found you need more force than feels comfortable for some panels but none broke.

As @ch1z64 said, you want to cut the holes slightly smaller than the light, so that it clips in. On my first door I cut it to big, so just used a bit of superglue to hold it in place. (if your upgrading to LED's, don't glue till you've swapped the bulbs though...speaking from experience...)

Definitely worth the effort once done. I'd also recommend getting footwell lights if you don't have them. Also supplied by @RobinA3 and even easier to fit than the puddle lights.

Reactions: RobinA3 and ch1z64
Yeah it is, that was the most involved mod on a car I've done, and I got it working with no problems using Robin's guide. Hardest part is cutting the plastic and removing some stubborn trim parts. But just take it slow and follow the guide, I found you need more force than feels comfortable for some panels but none broke.

As @ch1z64 said, you want to cut the holes slightly smaller than the light, so that it clips in. On my first door I cut it to big, so just used a bit of superglue to hold it in place. (if your upgrading to LED's, don't glue till you've swapped the bulbs though...speaking from experience...)

Definitely worth the effort once done. I'd also recommend getting footwell lights if you don't have them. Also supplied by @RobinA3 and even easier to fit than the puddle lights.

Cheers for the advice I really appreciate it. I'll message @RobinA3 now and order the footwell lights as well as the puddle lights. Any idea the best place to get LED replacement bulbs from? Sorry for the 20 questions session

Cheers for the advice I really appreciate it. I'll message @RobinA3 now and order the footwell lights as well as the puddle lights. Any idea the best place to get LED replacement bulbs from? Sorry for the 20 questions session

No worries, yeah for the LED's @t8ups at EM tuning is your man. I've got the whole interior kit from him. He provides custom bulbs that won't throw up any errors on the dash. Finishes the interior so well especially with the black edition (nice spec btw :salute:) and the boot LED is a game changer at night.

It's been a while since I've updated what I've done. So:-
* Fitted auto open boot struts after seeing them in this thread.
* Sound deadened all 4 doors with some Silent Coat deadening and some Silent Coat closed cell foam.
* Sound deadened the boot.
* Fitted upgraded front and rear speakers (Gladen Audio ONE M 165).
* Installed Gladen Audio RC 600c1 Amplifier
* fitted custom fit sub box with a Gladen SQX Line 8" Subwoofer.

Really pleased with the sound, I'll look at putting an amp in for the door speakers next.

20181114 182934 2016x1512

The small hole is where the amp is hidden so I can adjust it. I'm going to finish it off by attaching some Audi rings over the hole with some mesh behind it. I will make it removable so I can adjust the amp if needed.

Reactions: maxpayne
Installed stoptech 328 4 pot caliper kit. Grooved discs, fast road pads.

Took forever and a few hairy moments driving the first 100 miles to bed in the pads but getting better, sensitive at slow speeds still not amazing at high speeds.....long term review to follow

First MOT for me with this car.
Straight through, no advisories and complimented on how solid and well looked after it is.
Considering this is the oldest car I've ever owned and I've yet to have an advisory on any other car, I'm pleased.

Straight through, no advisories and complimented on how solid and well looked after it is.
Considering this is the oldest car I've ever owned and I've yet to have an advisory on any other car, I'm pleased.
I agree great sold car mines 11 years old now, had it 5 years

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I agree great sold car mines 11 years old now, had it 5 years
Ours is 13 years old and we've had it for almost 3 years now - flies through MOT still. Services and MOTs at Audi throughout - maybe they let it pass haha! #vorsprung

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
My parts arrived to install a secondary horn via a pushbutton from CARSTYLE4YOU in position 3. I have the soundboard and the PA speaker so will wire with a few sound choices and will see. I don't really like using the horn to wake someone up at a light or alert someone for whatever reason so a pushbutton with a brief sound is appealing

My parts arrived to install a secondary horn via a pushbutton from CARSTYLE4YOU in position 3. I have the soundboard and the PA speaker so will wire with a few sound choices and will see. I don't really like using the horn to wake someone up at a light or alert someone for whatever reason so a pushbutton with a brief sound is appealing
Great recommendation on the custom buttons company

Thought of installing a truck air horn into mine and connecting it directly to steering wheel horn, not separate switch. Well, through ignition switched relay so it's get switched on by a push button but when ignition is off, it goes back to normal horn.

When you think about it, trucks and lorries have their horns on. Regardless of ocassional honk reminding you to get moving from the set of lights or when they really want to honk on you.

When there's a guy who just cut me off, I'm not going to search for a switch in the dash to horn him. I'm going to blast him by slamming the horn in the middle of the steering wheel. Naturally, your hand moves there.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tcardio
Fitted full puddle lights, warning lights and front footwells thanks to @RobinA3... not thanks to the cat that kept knocking the door card over.

Ordered these on your recomendation, I don’t suppose you remember which pins you used for the two cables? I’ve only been able to locate instructions for pre-FL cars. And are the rears the same?

New Spec Stg 2+ Clutch plate and spigot - the drive/gearbox feels amazing!

Reactions: ch1z64
Ordered these on your recomendation, I don’t suppose you remember which pins you used for the two cables? I’ve only been able to locate instructions for pre-FL cars. And are the rears the same?

For the puddle lights, these were the instructions I had:

'For the front door you need to use pin 18 for the supply (red wire) and pin 19 for the earth (brown wire).
For the rear doors you need to use pin 1 for the supply and pin 2 for the earth.'

Reactions: leonwilliams and Jonnie
For the puddle lights, these were the instructions I had:

'For the front door you need to use pin 18 for the supply (red wire) and pin 19 for the earth (brown wire).
For the rear doors you need to use pin 1 for the supply and pin 2 for the earth.'

Thank you, I’ll give it a go

The car spent two days at Audi Finchley to diagnose lack of responsiveness when accelerating.

The VCDS scan I did initially (see https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-fault-012691-intake-manifold-runner-control.378931/) indicated a problem with intake manifold runner BUT Audi says problem with Air Mass metre and they need to check the sensor/wiring/ECU which will take a while.

What is an air mass meter??

Finchley Road Audi is extremely busy and can only only do anything if I leave the car there for another week, so I said no and got the car back for now.

The car spent two days at Audi Finchley to diagnose lack of responsiveness when accelerating.

The VCDS scan I did initially (see https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-fault-012691-intake-manifold-runner-control.378931/) indicated a problem with intake manifold runner BUT Audi says problem with Air Mass metre and they need to check the sensor/wiring/ECU which will take a while.

What is an air mass meter??

Finchley Road Audi is extremely busy and can only only do anything if I leave the car there for another week, so I said no and got the car back for now.
Google the MAF mate for your Audi it will explain how it works and relevant issues when it doesn't. And possible solutions to fix before you go giving Audi your money

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Try disconnecting the MAF and see if it runs better. If it feels no different then your MAF is probably not the problem.
If it improves, your MAF is faulty and needs a clean (if you are lucky) or replacing.

Try disconnecting the MAF and see if it runs better. If it feels no different then your MAF is probably not the problem.
If it improves, your MAF is faulty and needs a clean (if you are lucky) or replacing.

Is it okay to disconnect and drive? Mine is a DSG and I’ve read in at least one place that the car can go into limp mode!

It also seems that I need a special security screwdriver to remove the MAF?

Is it okay to disconnect and drive? Mine is a DSG and I’ve read in at least one place that the car can go into limp mode!

It also seems that I need a special security screwdriver to remove the MAF?
Personnally i would have thought disconnecting it would confuse your car as my understanding of the Maf is it tells the car the air flow which regulates certain things in the engine but not being a mechanic i couldn't say 100% but i wouldn't drive with it disconnected

It is my understanding that the car will revert to a basic set of parameters with the MAF disconnected.
This means it's should drive better than if it is receiving faulty signals from a duff MAF, but not as good as it would with a healthy MAF.
That doesn't mean you should remove it and drive hundreds of miles, it's a simple test for a very short drive to diagnose it.

Reactions: leonwilliams
It is my understanding that the car will revert to a basic set of parameters with the MAF disconnected.
This means it's should drive better than if it is receiving faulty signals from a duff MAF, but not as good as it would with a healthy MAF.
That doesn't mean you should remove it and drive hundreds of miles, it's a simple test for a very short drive to diagnose it.
See with it reverting back to Basiic set off parameters would that cause any problems later on once he puts it back together ie tweaking things or would the car just revert back to last recorded good setting , just curious

Got my Xmas pressie from @t8ups today came in a lovely little box ( excellent delivery service , spoke to him on phone yesterday and arrived Aberdeen this morning ) .
So all i need to do is get them fitted , tested and then code to come on with headlights if this can be done .

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_104514-1152x1536.jpg
    IMG_20181130_104514-1152x1536.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20181130_104459-1440x1920.jpg
    IMG_20181130_104459-1440x1920.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 186
Steering loc arrived from site sponsors , looks an excellent piece off kit now just have to fit , bargain a less than half price

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_171256-1920x1440.jpg
    IMG_20181130_171256-1920x1440.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 192
See with it reverting back to Basiic set off parameters would that cause any problems later on once he puts it back together ie tweaking things or would the car just revert back to last recorded good setting , just curious
No, it's a bit like resetting the ECU. It clears any driving style it has learned and re-learns your driving style and adapts to it.
The ECU recognises the MAF is missing but allows it to work on a predetermined fuel and air ratio, and when a working MAF is put back in it relearns and adapts to the inputs from the sensors.
A duff MAF will give readings that are incorrect and the car will struggle to drive properly with them, which is why it is best diagnosed by removing it. There are plenty of tales out there about K&N oiled filters causing the MAF to fail due to the oil getting pulled through onto the element inside the MAF.
Worth bearing in mind if a performance filter has been fitted.

Reactions: ch1z64 and leonwilliams
Fit an xtrons HU into the car and tried to be subtle about the USB location, as I didn't want to start drilling holes into the glove box.

OwNV1zYPKJycyITlFfesPQ6DfeLfaVOQaqFovm3n1w0XGz_DcJAII6cxdSxTD_n-j2vrgYL_8mEMDz6cOAFyyCJImDnNcQ7Z_BsSYhwKUqVUU5Bb9JzTdumGL495mmoxn7ApsJ0rySfrunkb7AkXvf-5vDF9dG6z1C5mrgU3pUissETgkL_M6Bs9HcLH7VGv7KUlnhHo3nCHmB1BHQaDHGJkf5fb54RYML2TkAFpwkVX32N6o9cxaXVYyZ0L2g3GCf0lx1WzWTM_Kv5MYJnDr1x9398vB6itFlorWOLiU7z-EGwU976pf2cBs7tvt_-xM7lSjlQv8EoQOB13K1d2MOjobhZJLa9huDR9oyVaQjnaWro56XQbhdYkaTYeIQ3c8kyqEoNY7oeuGz32BNMrFzrfvVeq8BHFj0jBENJpl00JN4WA4AyHPJUMEyv32-DjaEPCnv_eMtm9LlnDqvAgzzWALWEWTynOoPx_KpR6rYOoDeM7x9ejnf5dWTEhLDv1Yo3eskpmKJlwsJc-akIAk4VcVAfPdcx3tVznoro_V6KcG1dgdAvNuvAnF-vzvEQxlUwFjQLcfTthxB4C52MTRRB56gq_n-NOH0EMXQm2kdse0oo2OpoMIg_7m0mx8pWUV58ZJhqekwkk9vSa0RLDLdiB=w472-h943-no

sEeOix3NA6zxNEb3E5X_2FVcfo2bpbEAIjU-ahbqbmfWO5mjFB6QOtE6aKM8xqyx0PqmhWJTPbAvZPiaYDBOypF7uc3iwTTuBskweopM5JI18R3xkYyrKlEgdsZWzVtBVe2z16o2rvi7fDq4BbCydPXOilDoOygUMngJsE12V5kHABOn_mxCrKLEUCFYdcjOoNw45RJJg8zdw5YiY4CR7h4aBlDVKkMbvlRYm1fJqQ-y9GO3cr3wWSZl03W-Y_NCAVWneSh-nw1YV2HBODq0lTLh5CboXTNDA_FimGaHw0G2pJPkVpw4pvlCGCtJVjXjofwdjM3Px_GGF6g4ZmFqU5jBL7jTCuVJNt4EA6760ceFWbP2o-vwt2zZQ2ypkEKeWvy7CW_lgoLI_TDA_RG01DtYgqVRm3xnGVVnYIGc8o-4-pUTQU_pe1xMBgenMYOnZm_MR69zwoNwXXqsrR05yoIvHnW1Xw2q7VNWvK4ZNwvca4gEI7HU1XpvoWwAtwlqyW1QKvWF0O9gmzipjtFyXyawprByYX_JQ5Cg0xoAlaBt6IVY0dIquxamGIa1C0B5vzf1f2plOSH7FMHEQPxCIr44XYgcilb9js5JmAFkZKDQWfkz-0hMMA5nY_ga9nQrSqQ6tmT6vaolVsERXvG9GjY9=w472-h943-no

Fit an xtrons HU into the car and tried to be subtle about the USB location, as I didn't want to start drilling holes into the glove box.

OwNV1zYPKJycyITlFfesPQ6DfeLfaVOQaqFovm3n1w0XGz_DcJAII6cxdSxTD_n-j2vrgYL_8mEMDz6cOAFyyCJImDnNcQ7Z_BsSYhwKUqVUU5Bb9JzTdumGL495mmoxn7ApsJ0rySfrunkb7AkXvf-5vDF9dG6z1C5mrgU3pUissETgkL_M6Bs9HcLH7VGv7KUlnhHo3nCHmB1BHQaDHGJkf5fb54RYML2TkAFpwkVX32N6o9cxaXVYyZ0L2g3GCf0lx1WzWTM_Kv5MYJnDr1x9398vB6itFlorWOLiU7z-EGwU976pf2cBs7tvt_-xM7lSjlQv8EoQOB13K1d2MOjobhZJLa9huDR9oyVaQjnaWro56XQbhdYkaTYeIQ3c8kyqEoNY7oeuGz32BNMrFzrfvVeq8BHFj0jBENJpl00JN4WA4AyHPJUMEyv32-DjaEPCnv_eMtm9LlnDqvAgzzWALWEWTynOoPx_KpR6rYOoDeM7x9ejnf5dWTEhLDv1Yo3eskpmKJlwsJc-akIAk4VcVAfPdcx3tVznoro_V6KcG1dgdAvNuvAnF-vzvEQxlUwFjQLcfTthxB4C52MTRRB56gq_n-NOH0EMXQm2kdse0oo2OpoMIg_7m0mx8pWUV58ZJhqekwkk9vSa0RLDLdiB=w472-h943-no

sEeOix3NA6zxNEb3E5X_2FVcfo2bpbEAIjU-ahbqbmfWO5mjFB6QOtE6aKM8xqyx0PqmhWJTPbAvZPiaYDBOypF7uc3iwTTuBskweopM5JI18R3xkYyrKlEgdsZWzVtBVe2z16o2rvi7fDq4BbCydPXOilDoOygUMngJsE12V5kHABOn_mxCrKLEUCFYdcjOoNw45RJJg8zdw5YiY4CR7h4aBlDVKkMbvlRYm1fJqQ-y9GO3cr3wWSZl03W-Y_NCAVWneSh-nw1YV2HBODq0lTLh5CboXTNDA_FimGaHw0G2pJPkVpw4pvlCGCtJVjXjofwdjM3Px_GGF6g4ZmFqU5jBL7jTCuVJNt4EA6760ceFWbP2o-vwt2zZQ2ypkEKeWvy7CW_lgoLI_TDA_RG01DtYgqVRm3xnGVVnYIGc8o-4-pUTQU_pe1xMBgenMYOnZm_MR69zwoNwXXqsrR05yoIvHnW1Xw2q7VNWvK4ZNwvca4gEI7HU1XpvoWwAtwlqyW1QKvWF0O9gmzipjtFyXyawprByYX_JQ5Cg0xoAlaBt6IVY0dIquxamGIa1C0B5vzf1f2plOSH7FMHEQPxCIr44XYgcilb9js5JmAFkZKDQWfkz-0hMMA5nY_ga9nQrSqQ6tmT6vaolVsERXvG9GjY9=w472-h943-no
Can't see your pics mate, there is an app in the Stickies to resize and post pics ,

Recently bought the Stoploc Pro Elite from site sponsors and well impressed , now just need to call insurance and see if i get any money off , be a bonus if i did but won't hold my breath but should deter any wannabe criminals
IMG 20181203 123749 1440x1920

Unwrapped my other new present from Santa as i just couldn't wait , now i just need a price ti have it hydrodipped Carbon .

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_123320-1920x1440.jpg
    IMG_20181205_123320-1920x1440.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20181205_123333-1440x1920.jpg
    IMG_20181205_123333-1440x1920.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: MalakianCigaro and lea323ci
Had a pop at refurbishing some wheels at home with a simple Isopon kit. Had a set of Le Mans replica wheels that needed a bit of love.

Had them changed over yesterday and I'm rather pleased with how they sit! Fill the arch nicely and give it a bit more of a stance.

18x8J, offset plate was blanked but I test fit a similar wheel with ET35 so it must be close to that. Pics below :)

20181204 123229 20181204 123238

Reactions: ch1z64 and Daveyonthemove