What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Decided I wanted a full sized spare so fitted some Quattro boot inserts, ordered the smaller boot trim and trimmed up the side trims. Just gotta get another alloy now but at least I can store jump leads etc. Unfortunately this means I loose a fair bit of boot space so the dog won’t fit anymore damn shame

9aa6f4e9f6682f4d5f8b2396628b19ef.jpg

66abaacd6b08a52f782aa08d3db9450a.jpg

dec43315c1308e11f20a969d5a060d13.jpg

d7bce72b515aa34d93c1c8f38e3d9993.jpg

f31a79197aa247e7fa46b79f3ae525e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I forgot I trimmed up and added some Q3 ac controls too

8e99651e74a294e0f3d8990345586c6a.jpg

Also if anyone knows where I can get a foot rest cover to match my pedals I’d really appreciate it. I wanna keep with genuine parts but can’t find a part number for one.

is this just a straight swap, or does it need coding and modding?

is this just a straight swap, or does it need coding and modding?

You’ve got to trim up the sides to get it to fit. But other than that it physically fits but I think I’ve got to have a look at either the wiring or the coding as it giving out interesting results when say pushing the ac button and the air shuts off but I’ve not had time to look into it at the minute. The screen clears and 99% of the functions do as expected I just need to look into why the ac button shuts the air off once I’ve worked it out I’ll update

You’ve got to trim up the sides to get it to fit. But other than that it physically fits but I think I’ve got to have a look at either the wiring or the coding as it giving out interesting results when say pushing the ac button and the air shuts off but I’ve not had time to look into it at the minute. The screen clears and 99% of the functions do as expected I just need to look into why the ac button shuts the air off once I’ve worked it out I’ll update

ok sweet thanks, how hard is it to remove? the ac unit?

ok sweet thanks, how hard is it to remove? the ac unit?

It’s fairly easy bud, you need to remove the knee rests or triangle trims. Pop the gear stick cover up and you’ll have access to the 8mm bolts at the back then under the ac unit there’s another bolt at the other end, then it’s just the 5mm Allen key boot in the middle and the triangles can be removed.

Then it you pop the trim off under the radio you have access to the top of the ac unit and it’ll give you purchase to pull/push down and it’ll come out.

Nice! Where did you get the sub from and what size is it?
Literally been thinking about doing a stealth install today...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Nice! Where did you get the sub from and what size is it?
Literally been thinking about doing a stealth install today...

Check Ebay there about £70 I've been looking at this mod for ages but I have a 10" pioneer sub in boot

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: marty.blake7
Reactions: marty.blake7
Nice!would also like part number for wireless pad mate!
Did the console change about 6 months ago but didn’t know about the wireless pad option

Where did you get all that from?

Did tyre balance and wheel alignment today.
I had a “hmmm” noise from 90km/h which is now gone!

I've been working on getting the car ready for it's MOT. Ordered new wipers which arrived today to be fit tomorrow, had 4 new tyres fit end of last week and going over all the last bits (indicator bulb has gone I think).

Does have some lights on the dash...quite a few actually....but hopefully the majority of those are because the battery died and it hasn't had a proper run since.

Hit a massive (already dead) badger on my way home from a night shift! Badger 1 -0 Maxton Splitter.

1f2c2580a978472acd352cd046901111.jpg

Hit a massive (already dead) badger on my way home from a night shift! Badger 1 -0 Maxton Splitter.

1f2c2580a978472acd352cd046901111.jpg

Unlucky mate happened to a friend of mine his a bambi cost him 1500 for a new fog light on his s63 amg not what you need but on the bright side not as expensive

Unlucky mate happened to a friend of mine his a bambi cost him 1500 for a new fog light on his s63 amg not what you need but on the bright side not as expensive

Revisited the death site, who would’ve thought it?? Bit of fibreglass, filler and paint and we should be good.

16be178da6878f349be9a16bbad1110c.plist

Reactions: George Kost, Troubs12, e9_mustii and 2 others
Gathered a few bits from the written off car.

Didn’t have a lot of time so couldn’t take out the flat bottom steering wheel with airbag (I know right, I mean that’s £450 right there). Hopefully the breaker that buys it from Coparts will be very happy (and the facelift tails lights).

Anyway here’s some bits for sale: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ot-create-a-thread.54549/page-38#post-3612938

Damn dude hope your ok, cars a minor as long your not hurt.

How did it happen if you dont mind me asking

Yup. Thanks for the kind words.

It was a bit surreal as the accident happened at 15MPH. I turned a tight corner into a road where cars were parked on both sides and had income traffic so decided to pull to left a bit and just my luck that someone had parked right in the corner with the back sticking out!

Way to go because we were on our way back to London from Wales and decided to stop over to our sister in law’s place in Birmingham.

I did the right thing, left and note, informed insurance etc. The owner of the car calls me later in the day, very surprised as apparently in Birmingham no one ever leaves a note and surprised that I let my insurance company know. Apparently in Birmingham that’s not a thing either. Turns out that her car (an Audi TT) wasn’t insured. Go figure.

Anyway it’s all done and dusted. You live and learn.

Yup. Thanks for the kind words.

It was a bit surreal as the accident happened at 15MPH. I turned a tight corner into a road where cars were parked on both sides and had income traffic so decided to pull to left a bit and just my luck that someone had parked right in the corner with the back sticking out!

Way to go because we were on our way back to London from Wales and decided to stop over to our sister in law’s place in Birmingham.

I did the right thing, left and note, informed insurance etc. The owner of the car calls me later in the day, very surprised as apparently in Birmingham no one ever leaves a note and surprised that I let my insurance company know. Apparently in Birmingham that’s not a thing either. Turns out that her car (an Audi TT) wasn’t insured. Go figure.

Anyway it’s all done and dusted. You live and learn.
Fs what a kick in the balls for tryijg to do the right thing

Reactions: maxpayne
Added some springs to the boot struts now it opens all the way up on its own

Last edited:
Reactions: George Kost and Bryant1998
The repair job is underway....

7ba00c8f06e8f6c62c8b0e83fe90ced1.jpg

9cec111721d8c26198a1709da56416f6.plist

ce061d0272d68be91f2ad181a01e5404.jpg

ceaef67728d049fc24ca783e0ef636fe.jpg

A little more prep and some paint next week and I’ll be ready to face more badgers

Reactions: S., Bryant1998, Troubs12 and 3 others
When I did the 8P1 to 8P3 conversion I could only find a grill with a crack. My mate repaired it and painted it grey to match my old wheels. I finally took it off and gave it a tart up decided on gloss black but not sure if it’s too much black what do you guys think?

980c691964aaf835a84a0d76279251f4.jpg

Reactions: henkkeumus, lafa3ro and George Kost
When I did the 8P1 to 8P3 conversion I could only find a grill with a crack. My mate repaired it and painted it grey to match my old wheels. I finally took it off and gave it a tart up decided on gloss black but not sure if it’s too much black what do you guys think?

980c691964aaf835a84a0d76279251f4.jpg

From that shot it looks great, seem to match the fog black.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Troubs12
Spent almost four figures in hopefully giving my 09 plate 2.0Tfsi another year on the road. 156k miles means things are wearing out. That got me
The timing chain changed (close to going pop; the new one is the third one on the car...)
OSF Brake caliper plus pad and discs
Oil service
New Cam follower
Air Con Re-gas.
Value Added Tax for Boris to **** up a wall.

Cam belt set,done today.car had 140.000Km so a bit overdue...but all went fine!

Checked my cam follower, hardly a mark on it after 10 months and 6200 miles on Autotech HPFP internals.

ef1d6311f4595be755582f615bf95705.png

Reactions: Charlie23, Sawyer928 and e9_mustii
Project splitter repair = Complete.

b1c3b3736e5672fbe3c2bae442fa0c4c.jpg

33373506f0c57e89878a6bd1b048925e.jpg

b8703f804a708cc22696a0b95de9a586.jpg

bf85a80f5988c9fc4dd04a813b9b81a2.jpg

5f4e38c27a584d955a9ff164a6443338.jpg

f313852ffe3d1e87dda927221b0b4a60.jpg

Reactions: Charlie23, henkkeumus, Bryant1998 and 4 others
Changed the EVAP N80 valve, and charcoal canister, to get rid of a check engine light and this code:

16825/P0441/001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow

Really simple job!

Where did you get your EVAP Charcoal Canister from? Any recommendations? As Audi wants to charge me $450 AUD for the part and I'm not a huge fan of going pre-owned.

Where did you get your EVAP Charcoal Canister from? Any recommendations? As Audi wants to charge me $450 AUD for the part and I'm not a huge fan of going pre-owned.

Wow, that’s steep. I just got it on eBay for less than GBP 20. It didn’t have a brand stated, but turned out to be one of those parts where the Audi symbol has been scratched off to keep things legal!

Wow, that’s steep. I just got it on eBay for less than GBP 20. It didn’t have a brand stated, but turned out to be one of those parts where the Audi symbol has been scratched off to keep things legal!
I tries an ebay one and it imploded (skrunched up like a plastic bottle) there is alot of cheaply made fake audi parks especialy the evaps so i bought a new one from audi for £100

Doesn’t look very oem to me?

Only numbering I can see on it is 56470, anyone got any ideas if that stock or not?
S3 8P (59, 3dr)

0c92dca63ca2bb05fa9eaec5d2e76f25.jpg

Good shout, do they actually work? Mine don’t even look in the same place
the really odd thing is that as you posted, i was watching a video of a guy fitting the very same things

on his mondeo, there were similar things fitted from factory.

id assume theyd need to fitted right up against the arb bush to work, yours arent so whats stopping the arb from moving still?

Reactions: Bryant1998
the really odd thing is that as you posted, i was watching a video of a guy fitting the very same things

on his mondeo, there were similar things fitted from factory.

id assume theyd need to fitted right up against the arb bush to work, yours arent so whats stopping the arb from moving still?

No idea why they were like that, never even noticed them before, was only because the sunlight was shining off it that I realised.

They’re now barely 1mm off the side of the bushes, no noticeable difference but didn’t drive it hard

Just got H&R Arb fitted on weds and what a difference it makes , had a spirtied litgle drive round a few tight bends and roundabouts and never noticed steering wheel moving many degrees , now anti lift kit on front soon ,& new HPFP with rs4 internsls soon too

Reactions: Andreashadji
Just got H&R Arb fitted on weds and what a difference it makes , had a spirtied litgle drive round a few tight bends and roundabouts and never noticed steering wheel moving many degrees , now anti lift kit on front soon ,& new HPFP with rs4 internsls soon too
Rs4 internals ?

Which anti lift kit mate?