What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Fair play, it's the only way when you are a pioneer worst case you can always sell the parts

That's lucky that the A5 caps are compatible with the A3. If this all works I'll have to be creative for the TT

Fair play, it's the only way when you are a pioneer worst case you can always sell the parts

That's lucky that the A5 caps are compatible with the A3. If this all works I'll have to be creative for the TT

Haha true bud maybe it’s my ego for a while I was the first I’ve heard of that fitted park assist (about 7-8 years ago) then the Bose and recently more people have been doing it so I needed a new challenge after the bcm and decent dab on the rnse I though I was done lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha true bud maybe it’s my ego for a while I was the first I’ve heard of that fitted park assist (about 7-8 years ago) then the Bose and recently more people have been doing it so I needed a new challenge after the bcm and decent dab on the rnse I though I was done lol.

You'll never be done!

What DAB setup do you have out of interest?

In the middle of R&D’ing to see if blind spot assist is a possibility on my 8P and finally got around to changing my electric dumbo mirrors for fold up electric mirrors. Also put the sweeping indicator lens in too

90c60cb5e61c97f46dc0b4eb22061b8c.jpg

e5eb9b8c5b4bb273c7bdd3412b142187.jpg

now if those were auto dip then thats the best mod of the last 5 years

now if those were auto dip then thats the best mod of the last 5 years

They are or at least the passenger side is it was an absolute pain getting the wiring out of my old mirror and into the new one.

Reactions: e9_mustii
You'll never be done!

What DAB setup do you have out of interest?

I’m using a Dension DAB+U with a polo dab aerial tucked in behind a trim in the back. I got a connects2 phantom feed setup so the aerial works properly. But the result is the ami sees it as a usb but you can select the stations like you would on normal radio.
f379e31eb91a8b70eeb4642574f760cd.jpg

I’m using a Dension DAB+U with a polo dab aerial tucked in behind a trim in the back. I got a connects2 phantom feed setup so the aerial works properly. But the result is the ami sees it as a usb but you can select the stations like you would on normal radio.
f379e31eb91a8b70eeb4642574f760cd.jpg

Interesting setup, not seen that before

This week. Became increasingly pi$$ed off with my C/L fault and discovered a new fault with the driver's window. Really must get my butt into gear and fix it.

They are or at least the passenger side is it was an absolute pain getting the wiring out of my old mirror and into the new one.

Wana do it for me too :3

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Got T boned by a spastic Uber eats cyclist who was to busy looking at his phone instead of where he was cycling to see me waiting at a junction

Think the ceramic coating on the car held up well compared to how bad it could have been but left me with a battle scar one front drover side wing

Cyclist was fine although he was shaken up after being bounced off the car
d915c5375f7755b525644e8a7c23e8a9.jpg

Got T boned by a spastic Uber eats cyclist who was to busy looking at his phone instead of where he was cycling to see me waiting at a junction

Think the ceramic coating on the car held up well compared to how bad it could have been but left me with a battle scar one front drover side wing

Cyclist was fine although he was shaken up after being bounced off the car
d915c5375f7755b525644e8a7c23e8a9.jpg

The most annoying thing about cyclists is they don't have any form of training and don't pay any kind of tax or insurance to use the road. A cyclist hits a car and the car driver suffers the cost! It's a ******* joke!

The most annoying thing about cyclists is they don't have any form of training and don't pay any kind of tax or insurance to use the road. A cyclist hits a car and the car driver suffers the cost! It's a ******* joke!
Mate at this point im happy he's ok and it wasnt a motorcycle cause ive had a dum **** on a naked bike loose it over a speed hump and rip the driver side of my Civic Type R funny enough waiting on the other side of that same junction .
Which he tell his insurance i pulled out infront of him whilst stationary and insurers decide to settle on a 50/50 without my consent
Im either gona sell the ******* car at this piont and buy a tank or move outa london

Interesting setup, not seen that before

Yeah bud it’s the closest thing I could find to factory like dab. It’s essentially treated like a usb stick but the tracks are radio stations. When I get 5 minutes I want to strip apart the two shark fins and fit the dab aerial part to the standard fin if it’ll fit but things are manic at the minute.

Wana do it for me too :3

This is the one you need bud:

Reactions: George Kost and e9_mustii
This is the one you need bud:

Seen and know the thread bud i just haven't got the time to do it myself

That’s a delivery person not a cyclist. We cyclists spend everyday training not to get hit. Every time we ride, we train. Our formal training is not getting hit or hitting someone else. I pay enough taxes already so no need to pay more. From my viewpoint, car drivers have little formal training , distracted constantly and spend very little time scanning for bikes, people or motorcycles. Whatever your annoyance, we feel the same. Both of us have permission to use the road and both need to respect t each other. The delivery person was likely distracted as well. I always say no such thing as an accident. There is always a reason and it’s poor judgement. Sorry about the car

Reactions: abmat, lafa3ro and e9_mustii
That’s a delivery person not a cyclist. We cyclists spend everyday training not to get hit. Every time we ride, we train. Our formal training is not getting hit or hitting someone else. I pay enough taxes already so no need to pay more. From my viewpoint, car drivers have little formal training , distracted constantly and spend very little time scanning for bikes, people or motorcycles. Whatever your annoyance, we feel the same. Both of us have permission to use the road and both need to respect t each other. The delivery person was likely distracted as well. I always say no such thing as an accident. There is always a reason and it’s poor judgement. Sorry about the car

OK, so you'd consider it fair that if you'd been that cyclist/delivery rider/lycra leper/whatever you want to call him, you'd have gotten away without paying for the damage you had caused? Would you consider it fair if you had been on the receiving end in your car and had to pay for the repairs yourself knowing it wasn't your fault?
Somehow I don't think so.

Nah bud i hear you and i agree with ou there are some really good and thoughtful cyclist out there is just the dum careless ones that give the rest a bad name/rep plus i was just vented so i mean nothing by it its all love on here uber minicabs are also the same even some bus and lorry driver moving off without indiciation or check mirrors stopping in the middle of the road to check there phone thinking its ok to do it if they have there hazards on lol. I had to tell so many uber drivers rather then being an ignorant ***** and stopping in the middle of the road and causing traffic park in bay or single yellow with you hazards and they just stare back think huh i never though of that it makes sense some just look back blankly with no response

OK, so you'd consider it fair that if you'd been that cyclist/delivery rider/lycra leper/whatever you want to call him, you'd have gotten away without paying for the damage you had caused? Would you consider it fair if you had been on the receiving end in your car and had to pay for the repairs yourself knowing it wasn't your fault?
Somehow I don't think so.
I do agree with this on the other hand atleast some form of insurance should be available if you cycling on the road otherwise stick to pavements lol

I do agree with this on the other hand atleast some form of insurance should be available if you cycling on the road otherwise stick to pavements lol

Without turning this into a political thing I do genuinely agree with this if people want to use the road then they should pay tax and insurance weather it be a car, motorcycle or a push bike. I also think they should be taught stuff like a red light means stop and general road etiquette but how do you enforce it

Without turning this into a political thing I do genuinely agree with this if people want to use the road then they should pay tax and insurance weather it be a car, motorcycle or a push bike. I also think they should be taught stuff like a red light means stop and general road etiquette but how do you enforce it

Would normaly say Send them over your bonnet and laugh it off but its not funny when it happens to you lol and ur car gets carved. Nothing u can do mate police defiantly wont chase em about only way its license plate on push bikes and when it runs a red light or speed camera then thats there respective fine

Would normaly say Send them over your bonnet and laugh it off but its not funny when it happens to you lol and ur car gets carved. Nothing u can do mate police defiantly wont chase em about only way its license plate on push bikes and when it runs a red light or speed camera then thats there respective fine

Yup definitely agree that or some form of cattle prod at the lights lol.

Passed 300k

Reactions: maxpayne, Ricky Burrows, samisnake and 2 others
Rear headlight level sensor had been beeping at me for a few weeks... Was delightful every 5 seconds but 2hours under the car, lots of swearing it came off, with a slight bit of persuasion with a chisel since the screws had seized.

All done and now my headlights don't look at the floor.

Woke up very early today so thought i would be as well doing something productive before heading to work later .
May as well keep these in great condition and give passengers seat a nice clean & polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Leather Balm
d8121b3afdb80dcf8935aa59ff55193c.jpg
3c47fc6e9b4515874f233052de6997e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

So far absolutely nothing, not even driven it. Depending on the weather this weekend I may have a shot at sorting the driver's door wiring.

Those recaros look terrible. You should just sell them to me before you just throw them away

Those recaros look terrible. You should just sell them to me before you just throw them away

Will keep you in mind if i decide at some point to sell , the drivers 1 is in as a minted condition as the passengers

Will keep you in mind if i decide at some point to sell , the drivers 1 is in as a minted condition as the passengers

Nah i think you should sell them to me @ch1z64 mate as i dont believe @tcardio will even look after them let alone fit them. They'll just sit there and gather dust

Had a nice little driven up to R Tech at 5.30am for the following works:
1. Walnut blast of intake/exhaust valves
2. Injector clean
3. Runner flap delete
4. Vis internals
5. Lots of Sauce ( stage 2+ and DSG mapping)

Niki who mapped the car half way through his test drive called phil who the mechanical side of things if my car had a aftermarket turbo on cause it went so well (proudly said nope with the biggest grin on my face lol).
Aparently even my injectors where spot on for the originals that came with the car actually running slightly more then standard and consistently.

End result is from a stage 1 @325 bhp and 346ft-lb of trq to a Stage 2+ with 390 bhp and 437ft-lb Trq and more smiles per gallon then ive ever had

Very pleased with the results
67ae2ea3b8f33b33dbb5a1d54f6a588b.jpg
ef6303be20c1ec9d50e3ea80d2368a11.jpg

Reactions: S3 Rav, phateuk and ahtcap
Yeah bud it’s the closest thing I could find to factory like dab. It’s essentially treated like a usb stick but the tracks are radio stations. When I get 5 minutes I want to strip apart the two shark fins and fit the dab aerial part to the standard fin if it’ll fit but things are manic at the minute.

Don't forget the AMI simulating interface as I referred to in this post:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dab-radio-options.354887/#post-3409537

It is very OEM-like. And works flawlessly.

Don't forget the AMI simulating interface as I referred to in this post:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dab-radio-options.354887/#post-3409537

It is very OEM-like. And works flawlessly.

Yeah I think I commented on the same post back then. I chose the Dension option as it was cheaper and just plugged into the ami. I think when I looked into the Juna from what I saw it was a lot more involved than just plugging in a usb and works exactly the same.

Retrofitted original Webasto parking heater / auxiliary heater to my MY09 1.9 TDI with BLS engine code. Decided to install the N279 coolant shut off valve as well to heat up cabin faster (cold climate in Norway). It is a complicated install, but not impossible! After coding, everything works perfectly :)

Attachments

• coolant-circuit-aux-heater-a3-8p.png
    coolant-circuit-aux-heater-a3-8p.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220118_183332.jpg
    20220118_183332.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220131_234706.jpg
    20220131_234706.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220131_234235.jpg
    20220131_234235.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 20220131_234242.jpg
    20220131_234242.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • 20220131_234146.jpg
    20220131_234146.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: George Kost and Troubs12
Yeah I think I commented on the same post back then. I chose the Dension option as it was cheaper and just plugged into the ami. I think when I looked into the Juna from what I saw it was a lot more involved than just plugging in a usb and works exactly the same.

There's no buffer time on the Juna solution, and it displays DLS. But maybe the Dension unit has gotten better on buffer times since I tested it back in 2016 on my previous car (link).

There's no buffer time on the Juna solution, and it displays DLS. But maybe the Dension unit has gotten better on buffer times since I tested it back in 2016 on my previous car (link).

No gonna lie after seeing your post I looked into it again and found that they do a switch so you can still use the ami. I use a tune2air for my phone so switch between the two. I’m now looking into changing over to the juna plus the switch. Did you have to add a phantom feed for the dab aerial?

Retrofitted original Webasto parking heater / auxiliary heater to my MY09 1.9 TDI with BLS engine code. Decided to install the N279 coolant shut off valve as well to heat up cabin faster (cold climate in Norway). It is a complicated install, but not impossible! After coding, everything works perfectly :)

Forgot to ask do you any info on this kit? I work nights and every single time I come back to the car it’s absolutely freezing.