What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Jamsmoo

4ed56aa0bad177e574db354eb763ee45.jpg

Apex ..obviously the ride tightens up under load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Holmes

Unfortunately the car showed signs of PCV failure in the way home last night so ordered a replacement and gasket this morning. As expected the diaphragm in the pcv had split in multiple places...
20210710_135130.jpg

Whilst i was in the area i decided to take the opportunity to fit the new valve cover gasket that has leaked since buying the car. It was that dry and brittle it was like plastic.
20210710_125521.jpg

20210710_135120.jpg

Then finished of with a little over due upgrade.
20210710_154104.jpg

20210710_164425.jpg

Bobbytea

Well… I’m pretty sure my A4 has a magnet for accidents.

Van driver though he could squeeze past me as I was about to reverse on to a customers drive… it’s not long been fixed since the sheep incident!!!

Hmmm… Not too much damage, but I think it’s a new wing and spraying to blend in.

4fd5c5d14375eae1da38579ae3524178.jpg

0c06435c72c06547dc2d96e3d0a0d9f4.jpg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Unfortunately the car showed signs of PCV failure in the way home last night so ordered a replacement and gasket this morning. As expected the diaphragm in the pcv had split in multiple places... View attachment 239672
Whilst i was in the area i decided to take the opportunity to fit the new valve cover gasket that has leaked since buying the car. It was that dry and brittle it was like plastic. View attachment 239673
View attachment 239674

Then finished of with a little over due upgrade.
View attachment 239675
View attachment 239676
Someones been a busy bee. :thumbs up: :yahoo:

That valve cover gasket looks marginally better than what mine was like....lol, and they go crusty quite quickly aswell.
DV diaphragm looks like it's been leaking for a while Alex , one split looks older than the rest, good job done chap.

Calipers are top stuff Alex , great colour too, and with 18" alloys they look massive, really fit the rim void well.:icon thumright::icon thumright:

making good progress now then.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Done a few bits today as well whilst the rain kept off this afternoon.
Oil and filter change, pretty mucky this time round so a worthwhile change.
Also removed my DV as i suspected a boost leak, nothing to be found a miss though.
Replaced the A6 snub mount bung with an OE bung I had in a box, not the best items but it's new and seems to have made an improvement.
Then spent a few hours swapping out both front driveshafts, been having some clonking on full lock and vibration at higher speeds, anyway all sorted now and lovely and smoooooth again with no nasty clonking.:yahoo:

so next week its cambelt/water pump replacement.

Last edited:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
forgot pics..lol
Both driveshaft inner cv joints were really worn and flopping around.

IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3159.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG

Alex Holmes

Someones been a busy bee. :thumbs up: :yahoo:

That valve cover gasket looks marginally better than what mine was like....lol, and they go crusty quite quickly aswell.
DV diaphragm looks like it's been leaking for a while Alex , one split looks older than the rest, good job done chap.

Calipers are top stuff Alex , great colour too, and with 18" alloys they look massive, really fit the rim void well.:icon thumright::icon thumright:

making good progress now then.
I was expecting it to be perished Rob but it was way worse than that. Had a right job removing it from the valve cover.

With pcv has made a huge difference to how the car drives now, it seems way smoother so all is rosie on the engine front now.

And yes really happy with the oem+ choice in colour. Just need to figure out a permanent solid fixing solution for the abs wiring and brake lines

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Well… I’m pretty sure my A4 has a magnet for accidents.

Van driver though he could squeeze past me as I was about to reverse on to a customers drive… it’s not long been fixed since the sheep incident!!!

Hmmm… Not too much damage, but I think it’s a new wing and spraying to blend in.

4fd5c5d14375eae1da38579ae3524178.jpg

0c06435c72c06547dc2d96e3d0a0d9f4.jpg

ouch.. :scared2:

Fully

Todays job on the Falcon - Replaced the Snub Nose Mount for a Powerflex version.
You can see from the pic it needed doing, as the old one was like an out of date marshmallow (all crumbly and nasty).

WNXz8Y8.jpg

Very easy job when it was up on a 4 post lift.
Refitted.

z50Bwsv.jpg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
just a small job but a long overdue one.
Replaced the rear ARB bushes , original ones were a bit sloppy so time to fit some new ones, all nice and tight on the twisty back roads again. :yahoo:

IMG_3177.JPG

Donfero

My DIY k04 build.
Got myself a S4 K04 CHRA, moved the internals to the k03 CHRA, Did some machining on the manifold, and now im ready to install. Wish me luck.
7d409824b9479276d21be55992be6dbf.jpg

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tr7

Donfero

My DIY k04 build.
Got myself a S4 K04 CHRA, moved the internals to the k03 CHRA, Did some machining on the manifold, and now im ready to install. Wish me luck.
7d409824b9479276d21be55992be6dbf.jpg

Its amazing!!! A whole different level of power!!!
You won't be satisfied until you get a K04!!

Reactions: tr7