What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Cold starts when it’s warm it’s ok . Normally if it’s left say overnight or for a few days . But once it’s started and oil fills up the adjuster or tensioner it’s fine … Definitely has something to do with oil pressure I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive job today.
before and after.

MWYJj7z.jpg

2JcKA3R.jpg

Well unfortunately today i became a part of the broken rear wiper motor gang like most audi estate/hatches. The rear motor has been sounding a little rough these past few days and it finally let go when i put the car in reverse earlier, had to get stuck in the middle of the screen too! Off to ebay to order more bits...

Just another one of the B7 flaws I'm afraid Alex.
I'd like to say it's not happened to me yet but sadly it has, but luckily it was within the first year of my ownership and under audi warranty.
They fitted a completely new motor and wiper assembly back in 2015 , touch wood its been behaving since.

Today I’ve done an oil and filter change and replaced front wipers too.
Got rid of the tar for some nice gold oil

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
I'd like to say it's not happened to me yet but sadly it has, but luckily it was within the first year of my ownership and under audi warranty.
They fitted a completely new motor and wiper assembly back in 2015 , touch wood its been behaving since.
Why do the motors pack up with such regularity Rob, is it water ingress?

I stripped mine down ,cleaned rust off ,resealed hose connection regressed gears

Purely down to design i'm afraid, anything type of motor assembly that has water passing through the motor has the chance to leak into the motor itself.

I got bored of it after the motor failed for a second time and just deleted the whole lot. I don’t miss it. I’ve driving plenty of cars and vans that don’t have a rear wiper or window so don’t find it a problem

Yeah my rear wiper stopped working about a week before I bought the new bootlid with wiper delete and spoiler fitted.
Silver linings haha.

It is yes, one of the comman faults i thought I'd avoided, but hey, luckily a cheap fix. Already swapped the wiper arm and blade for a Q5 variant earlier in the year

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I simply gave up having replaced it once before and replaced it with a bung. Nice and clean look too

Reactions: Rob Avant and Fully
Personally ive never got the whole de wipering thing. I like it there myself and use it when regularly. Each to their own ofcourse

Personally ive never got the whole de wipering thing. I like it there myself and use it when regularly. Each to their own ofcourse

To be honest Alex I’ve never thought about doing it before, but it was already done on a bootlid I bought purely because it had the S-line spoiler in the same colour as my car.
But as it’s already been done, it’s actually grown on me and I really like it.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
There is only 1 pump Alex , it just rotates in reverse for rear tailgate wash mode, cars with headlamp wash have a second pump though.

Today's little mod, that isn't too hard to do, but makes a big difference to the front end.
Before

TqALVYu.jpg

After

9oIiok0.jpg

Reactions: Jamsmoo, Charlie Farley and Donfero
Where’s the grille from

I have a nice set of rings that are for type of grille, still in a box.

What colour?

Changing the B7 front grille is one of the biggest improvements there is...

Whilst i carry on acquiring big turbo project bits , a random webby search resulted in me buying a brand new decat pipe for £20 to keep me busy in the short term.

• Haha
Reactions: Fully and Jamsmoo
Today i did little, but took a drive to West Yorkshire and got a remap.
Stock 170hp
Actual 168/169hp
Tuned 206hp

eM5jP3b.jpg

Car is stock apart from a pipercross panel filter and manifold without swirl flaps.
Car pulls better and runs smoother imo, but i got a bit too exuberant on the way home and might not have a license much longer to enjoy it for long after a cam van on a flyover :busted cop: :sorrow:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Inertiauk
Nice little parcel on the doorstep today, even has a nice PCV delete plate with it, wasn't expecting that bit so a nice bonus.
As I'm running my own PCV delete setup that bit won't be used but handy for another project maybe.
Not bad for £20 :yes: , that's tomorrow sorted now.:icon thumright:
IMG 3963

Reactions: Fully
Taking my s4 b8.5 callipers and going back to standard 320mm discs so they will be up for sale . As will car will be very soon as no room on drive
33a4f48bc145a59b89279c76da9b87e2.jpg

So callipers and brand new pads and . discs. Backing plates and brake hoses will be available soon