What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Donfero

Do you know how people do it then? do you know ? Maybe I will just have to get some Exeo modules.
I have done it to my car using an Arduino, with also the tilt feature. But if it can be done with an Exeo Module or programing it will save you a lot of rewiring. I have seen it done on a Golf by hacking and editing the can bus data, tried it but ended up damaging the obd device.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
You need to check which modules you have in the car at the moment.
Your car has the memory function seats which if I recall uses the correct modules to allow folding mirrors.
you'll need the folding door mirror switch also as its different to the just left/right item.

AvantAlexB7

Do you know how people do it then? Maybe I will just have to get some Exeo modules.
I was under the impression the exeo and b7 used different style door control modules. On a b7 its integrated into the regulator and the exeo was like every other modern vag car with a superate small control module

AvantAlexB7

Finally finished the SDS today. Updated the RNSE firmware and activated SDS in the engineering menu. Luckily the kufatec patchlead for the oem bluetooth made re wiring the mic a 1 sec job.

Even took the passenger seat out in a attemt to fit the proper waterproof case for the BT module, but doesn't seem theres space for it under the carpet. Looked online and an workshop manual suggests its mounted under the right front seat?

Anyway, a couple of other little blingy parts arrived earlier too, ill post a pic when their fitted

Alex

Donfero

Finally finished the SDS today. Updated the RNSE firmware and activated SDS in the engineering menu. Luckily the kufatec patchlead for the oem bluetooth made re wiring the mic a 1 sec job.

Even took the passenger seat out in a attemt to fit the proper waterproof case for the BT module, but doesn't seem theres space for it under the carpet. Looked online and an workshop manual suggests its mounted under the right front seat?

Anyway, a couple of other little blingy parts arrived earlier too, ill post a pic when their fitted

Alex
I think its mounted behind the glovebox.

Inertiauk

You need to check which modules you have in the car at the moment.
Your car has the memory function seats which if I recall uses the correct modules to allow folding mirrors.
you'll need the folding door mirror switch also as its different to the just left/right item.
Thanks Everyone,

Rob, I have folding mirrors, so I have the switch, I am trying to make them fold on lock/unlock rather than having to remember each time (so far I rarely remember).

AvantAlexB7

I think its mounted behind the glovebox.

Thats where everyone seems to mount them when doing the retrofit to avoid removing half the car. Having said that its a right faf trying to get the glovebox back in with the BT rammed in there. Ill have to do more digging

AvantAlexB7

Bagged a like new set of RS4 pedal covers for my bus, a mod ive been wanting to do for a while now. Very happy with them.

Attachments

• 20211203_143225.jpg
    20211203_143225.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Looking very super swanky Alex. :icon thumright:

Inertiauk

I have done it to my car using an Arduino, with also the tilt feature. But if it can be done with an Exeo Module or programing it will save you a lot of rewiring. I have seen it done on a Golf by hacking and editing the can bus data, tried it but ended up damaging the obd device.

B7 Body modules are K-line not CAN BUS, which is where my plans came apart. And probably why you had issues.

Is there a guide anywhere for doing it the 'Ardunio' way ?
Thanks.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The sun was out today so decided to swap over to the decat pipe, I wasn't sure if it was worth bothering with it yet what with a new project in the pipeline, but hey, why not.. :yes:

Adjusted the kw's after a few weeks to settle down, the fronts had settled about 5mm from the first fit, after today's check they are now the same height as the previous H&R setup , so left them alone.
The rears had settled 10mm from the first fit, which was to be expected, adjusted them back up to first fit height, I expect they may drop a tad more over the coming weeks, I'll keep an eye on them.
All in really happy with them.
Decat has a nice rumble too, nice to hear some louder tones sometimes.:yahoo:

Off on a test drive after some nosebag shortly.:icon thumright:
some pics below, phone went flat so none of the ride height as yet, will get some in the morning for ref purposes.
IMG_4048 (1).JPG
IMG_4051.JPG

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Just been out for a little trundle around the countryside, and what a difference, I'd honestly forgotten what a difference that decat makes to the midrange, the old bus was a bit zippy before but it's very noticeable now indeedy.:yes::yahoo:

Jamsmoo

The sun was out today so decided to swap over to the decat pipe, I wasn't sure if it was worth bothering with it yet what with a new project in the pipeline, but hey, why not.. :yes:

Adjusted the kw's after a few weeks to settle down, the fronts had settled about 5mm from the first fit, after today's check they are now the same height as the previous H&R setup , so left them alone.
The rears had settled 10mm from the first fit, which was to be expected, adjusted them back up to first fit height, I expect they may drop a tad more over the coming weeks, I'll keep an eye on them.
All in really happy with them.
Decat has a nice rumble too, nice to hear some louder tones sometimes.:yahoo:

Off on a test drive after some nosebag shortly.:icon thumright:
some pics below, phone went flat so none of the ride height as yet, will get some in the morning for ref purposes.
View attachment 246945 View attachment 246946

Nose bag Rob !, didn’t have u down as the type ..
Some of the local ne’er do wells who frequent the shadier corners of the local call the old Colombian marching powder that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Nose bag Rob !, didn’t have u down as the type ..
Some of the local ne’er do wells who frequent the shadier corners of the local call the old Colombian marching powder that

In our household , it's nothing dodgy James...lol, just good old grub. :yahoo:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
the only powder i've used from a bag is a sherbert dip.... :yes:

Jamsmoo

Just some basic pre mot(Tuesday )fettling and fiddling,got the rear screen wash working ,headlight washer squirts too
Swapped to the bbs speedlines as one tyre on the mtms has some grooves to the inner wall ,they were bought from a guy who ran air ride on a beetle ..obviously the wrong offset

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Still are james, there's an old style sweet shop not far from us, all the goodies one could ever wish for...not the same as the old sweet shops of my youth but still nice.
I love sherbert dips , humbugs etc , well i have a sweet tooth, yum.

Jamsmoo

Still are james, there's an old style sweet shop not far from us, all the goodies one could ever wish for...not the same as the old sweet shops of my youth but still nice.
I love sherbert dips , humbugs etc , well i have a sweet tooth, yum.

Love a pear drop or cola cube still ..far better than the haribo tangtastic the bin lids make me buy

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
now your talking James :yahoo:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
It's always good to add in some lightweight replies James, breaks up too much tech talk.:yes:

Jamsmoo

Can remember nicking my dads fisherman’s friends out the glove box of his rover sd1 back when I was a nipper ,now they were a different level

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
On the coilover front, my recent change to KW's from the fixed damper setup has highlighted another factor.
Previous setup with H&R springs always felt quite firm on initial compression , KW's seem to have a much softer initial compression, which seems to make for better low speed damping.
The bilsteins were brill with H&R's but these KW's seem to be much better.

Donfero

B7 Body modules are K-line not CAN BUS, which is where my plans came apart. And probably why you had issues.

Is there a guide anywhere for doing it the 'Ardunio' way ?
Thanks.
The project was all a DIY, trial and error until I got what I what I planned.
I can provide you with all the needed information, and the Arduino sketch but it won't be an easy job.

Inertiauk

The project was all a DIY, trial and error until I got what I what I planned.
I can provide you with all the needed information, and the Arduino sketch but it won't be an easy job.

Please it might be one for summer, can you PM me all details.
I might just build my own circuit with a couple of relays and capacitors, but I want to study all options before I do it.

Inertiauk

On the coilover front, my recent change to KW's from the fixed damper setup has highlighted another factor.
Previous setup with H&R springs always felt quite firm on initial compression , KW's seem to have a much softer initial compression, which seems to make for better low speed damping.
The bilsteins were brill with H&R's but these KW's seem to be much better.
Awesome. I would love to compare the KW to my AP. See how similar they are or aren't, the heresay seems to be mixed messages.

Can we see your lows ?

Inertiauk

Let me just gather up all the information I have and its a done deal

Appreciate it. Forgot how good this forum can be . I've not used it much in the last few years until recently.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Appreciate it. Forgot how good this forum can be . I've not used it much in the last few years until recently.
It is a great site with a really good mix of sensible posts from new and experienced members and added light-hearted banter to keep things easy going.
There's nothing worse than a forum that is has no room for mixed replies and conversation that may not be directly related to a specific reply, that why i love this site, it is simply the best.
We have specific and non-specific forums which are brill and there's always room for extra bits in between, it keeps things friendly and light-hearted,i can't be dealing with all the cliquey and stuck up stuff found on other sites.
Long live ASN. :yahoo:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Awesome. I would love to compare the KW to my AP. See how similar they are or aren't, the heresay seems to be mixed messages.

Can we see your lows ?
That's the best part about coil overs, that ability to set the car ride height to a personalised setting, there's no pre-set restraint as with fixed units.
I was always very skeptical about them and i think other user's reports of poor quality ride and questionable build quality kinda cemented an image of " don't go there" with coilovers.
Happily i can say that was a misconception and there is a very strong argument for them over fixed height units.

I do however feel it's a "you get what you pay for" situation, £300 set , don't expect to much, thats only £75 a corner, yes it will work but will it be as good as expected and last for more than 2 years, maybe not.
My KW's were not cheap but then on the scale of things not that expensive £1200 , that's £300 a corner, but build quality and performance etc , lifespan as well will easily make that a very worthwhile investment .

Anyway, just my input chaps, some pics later for all you of a future reference inclination. :yes:

Inertiauk

That's the best part about coil overs, that ability to set the car ride height to a personalised setting, there's no pre-set restraint as with fixed units.
I was always very skeptical about them and i think other user's reports of poor quality ride and questionable build quality kinda cemented an image of " don't go there" with coilovers.
Happily i can say that was a misconception and there is a very strong argument for them over fixed height units.

I do however feel it's a "you get what you pay for" situation, £300 set , don't expect to much, thats only £75 a corner, yes it will work but will it be as good as expected and last for more than 2 years, maybe not.
My KW's were not cheap but then on the scale of things not that expensive £1200 , that's £300 a corner, but build quality and performance etc , lifespan as well will easily make that a very worthwhile investment .

Anyway, just my input chaps, some pics later for all you of a future reference inclination. :yes:
I've run coilovers of many different qualities and prices on different vehicles.

What you are saying is very true, just have to bear in mind it's not a fixed rule and it's not linear.

£300-600 coilovers are usualy terrible, £800-1200 coilovers are usually a lot lot better than them.

£1600-2000+ coilovers (Bilstien B16 Pss9 for example, had them on my b6 s4) are only marginally better.
But if you spend that you convince yourself it was worth it, just human nature.

Also some brands blur the lines. Sometimes expensive coilovers get re branded as cheaper ones.

Some people tell me that the AP's on mine are 100% identical to KW Varient 2, which are much more expensive. That's why I would like to feel the difference, mine feel great and soak up the bumps fine, but it would be good to know if it's rumour or truth.

Looking forward to seeing how low you've gone, mines on its ar*e lol, and my front splitter does worry me, when i drive into parking bays with curbs at the end I'm cautious and usually find I've left the back end sticking our 1-2 feet.

Last edited:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Gave the old bus it quick splash and then it started raining..lol

not the best pics as it was getting dark, but sits very nicely for me know.
Thinking about doing the fading trim in a graphite grey colour to match the alloys.
IMG_4061.JPG

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Just pulled the trigger on a full set of bilstein B8s for my bus. £540 wasn't bad imo for good quality aftermarket replacement parts. Hopefully get the every fitted next saturday and off for the MOT
what springs?

WOMBLERULZ

Ordering std 320 discs tomorrow and remove the s4 b8.5 callipers Ebc red pads and new discs then car will be up for sale .