What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Nearly all the other sections have one of these threads and I can't find one on our section so thought I'd start us off.

Over the last few days I've done

New gear knob
New dv
New pcv valve
New pcv gasket
New n80
Cleaned TB and new gasket
New rear brakes
Painted all brake calipers and dust guards.
New pollen filter.

So what you lot been upto?

Reactions: Joe_Pineapples, dubcool.pc, Sandra and 1 other person
There we go. Pics?

Reactions: rtaylor95313
Bought one!

I went out to buy an old Skoda and seem to have bought this instead. Picking it up tomorrow.

It's a 2.0tfsi se manual.

Reactions: Pete42, B_FUR, Stanningtonglen and 2 others
Looked very nice fella. What the spec?

Cheers Dani (and Stan and Max). Following your build thread with interest, as I'm going to be doing a lot of what you're doing very soon.

It's a 2005 2.0tfsi SE, grey, manual, FWD, 100k, fsh, 16's.

As best as I can tell it's got the usual SE stuff: DIS, cruise control, concert II.

Plus: phone prep (boo!), rear parking sensors, 6 disk changer, through loading and the interior light pack.

I might have missed something, I'll find out tomorrow.

Cleared all the crap out the glove box and door pockets, car now feels about 20% faster

Reactions: kevin elliott, dave_ph, dubcool.pc and 3 others
yep, in the same boat chap, its been such naff wether here over the last few days that the old bus is more a shade of brown than black & it certainly slows it down , going out in the next hour to give it a TLC session, well after another cup of tea that is......

There we go. Pics?
Shiite pics, was strangely satisfying taking a wheel off; spray brake cleaner on; clean alloy; paint caliper; wax alloy inside and out; paint tyre wall; replace wheel; rinse and repeat.... Proper enjoyed meself, sad old man :D

Reactions: Marky M and Dani_B19
Dani, that gear knob looks good, you got link to where you got if from mate?

The sellers a ******** mate. The gear knob and gaitor arnt real leather and the base was incorrect,Chad to take the base out of the old gaitor and swap it over.

You still want the link? Haha.

Ha that's what I love about this forum mate, the honesty :grimacing: it ok mate I take your word for it, this is going to be a good thread mate

Reactions: Dani_B19
b5 spring perches, control arms, upper arms.

total melt. Paying someone next time.

Why b5 Spring perches mate?

That's the same with me regarding the thermostat, I ain't taking no timing belt off haha, cars booked in Thursday for it doing.

Haha best way Ste, honestly for the money it ain't a bad gear knob like I said just wasn't plain sailing.

Why b5 Spring perches mate?

That's the same with me regarding the thermostat, I ain't taking no timing belt off haha, cars booked in Thursday for it doing.

drops the front around 15mm mate. arch gaps match now F to R.

Handy to know, thanks.

What's it liking changing the control arms and upper arms? You gone for standard?

Handy to know, thanks.

What's it liking changing the control arms and upper arms? You gone for standard?

Meyle ones. Total ball ache all the suspension was welded together lol.

Replied in my thread James.

That bad? Had a look the other day with the wheel off and looks a lot more in depth than what was on my old s3 haha.

How's the car feel now after doing it all?

Gave mine a good clean.... Only for it to be covered by grit lorry 3hrs later.

Look forward to this thread building over time... Good work fellas

I just found it strange how we didn't have our own thread in this section so that's why I kick started it off, I also think it's a good way to get people. Pre involved and a easy place to chat without starting new random threads.

Reactions: B_FUR and Baka
Debadged the tailgate and it looks so much neater.

Reactions: Marky M
You left the rings on though Gary?

Reactions: Marky M
Picked up the car this afternoon. It's so quiet and plush after my mk4 Golf, and no cabin rattles!

It goes like a stabbed rat after about 3.5k, but the low end torque isn't all there. I see swearing at the PCV and diverter valve in my near future.. :)

The drivers seat had collapsed a bit too, I'll get some prices on re-foaming it tomorrow then probably just buy some s/h sports seats.

Yes I thought it needs some identity in case it's mistaken for a Seat.

Nice deep clean including all the horrible bits like inside the door jambs

IMAG3330 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Debadged the rear:

IMAG3326 by wjheenan, on Flickr

New windscreen wipers - the old ones were so noisy, hated them so much I'd leave them off even in the rain, was getting a bit dangerous...Bosch ones were a bit pricey but worth it for the silence.

New wheels going on tomorrow then tints on Friday!

IMAG3323 by wjheenan, on Flickr

This is my cabin filter....need replaced or does it look alright?

That looks like a charcoal activated one so is meant to look darker. If it's got junk trapped between the rows though replace it. Mann filters are cheap enough and readily available. Stick to charcoal activated though.

As for what I did today... Drove it. Recently though...

Swapped brake light switch, then swapped back to my original having taken it apart and serviced it.

Removed all vent motors (even the single one on driver's side) and cleaned/regreased. Promptly forgot to plug the driver's side one back in so had to remove the lower dash panel again last night. Two out of the other ones had seized up in the cold weather.

Refitted boot lid trim after securing the genuine LED number plate lights resistor loom. It was rattling against the metal and making a right racket.

Replaced my full leather (unheated) driver's seat with a half leather/half cloth seat from an A6. Although all wires went into the same pins in the connectors, the connectors themselves are ever so slightly different. Much swearing and soldering later it's all done and far less chilly on exposed skin and definitely less slippery when cornering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeebsy
Couple of leaves stuck in it but didn't look too bad otherwise - i've got no point of reference though. Will go back through the service history and see when it was last done.

I tend to do mine once a year. Probably overkill but for the price they are, why not?

Right now they're £8.39 in EuroCarParts for the Mann charcoal activated one, part number 507440119.

Nice deep clean including all the horrible bits like inside the door jambs

IMAG3330 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Debadged the rear:

IMAG3326 by wjheenan, on Flickr

New windscreen wipers - the old ones were so noisy, hated them so much I'd leave them off even in the rain, was getting a bit dangerous...Bosch ones were a bit pricey but worth it for the silence.

New wheels going on tomorrow then tints on Friday!

IMAG3323 by wjheenan, on Flickr

This is my cabin filter....need replaced or does it look alright?

Is your car light blue or silver? In the first pic it looks blue, in the tailgate picture it looks silver and in the cabin filter it looks blue again.

Is your car light blue or silver? In the first pic it looks blue, in the tailgate picture it looks silver and in the cabin filter it looks blue again.

It's grey blue, think it's official name is crystal blue but every picture it looks different:

IMAG3314 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Amen to that! It does look silver in the tailgate pic though, or is it just me/lighting/camera playing tricks?

Nice colour though, especially with blacked out chrome bits.

Reactions: Jeebsy
Got stung for £40, the car had 3 slowish punctures, turns out one was a screw in the tyre and the other 2 was corrosion on the inner side, garage had to wire wheel it off and reseal them so going to have to keep a close eye on them.

Finally decided to have my thermostat changed today, in my ownership I've never seen the car sit at 90 degrees, it's always been 70 or under