What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Just waiting for them to arrive and I think I may have gotten a bargain....well I hope so!

Brembo 300mm x 22mm rear UV coated discs for an S4 B7 along with Brembo pads for £84.65

You sourced some 300mm callipers as well then Carl?

No

I am going to do the full rear conversion.....eventually! But I couldn't resist them. The pads were a few quid cheaper than anywhere I've been looking but when you get two rear discs for £54 I think they were a steal.

Should have everything before summer as I've got a few things to get sorted.....my turbo being the main thing.

Also now I know other models to look out for makes it a little easier

Reactions: avant_karl and James.c
Got my balance shaft/hex key replaced, but now a belt is squeaking! Need to figure out what.

Reactions: James.c
Got my balance shaft/hex key replaced, but now a belt is squeaking! Need to figure out what.

Who replaced the hex key mate? And how muc if you don't mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who replaced the hex key mate? And how muc if you don't mind me asking

A garage in Sheffield called MB services did it £560, they know what they're doing when it comes to them, took about 6 hours. I couldn't find anyone near Scarborough that would do it for less than £700

They buy the part from KMB parts themselves and sort it all on the day.

I arranged it through this number: 0114 2432469

Nice one mate il look into it

Reactions: Toblahoe
It's nearly done.....got my new cartridge for the turbo today and pieced it all together (Not hard) and then decided on ensuring that the VNT's where set up correctly.

So now I have my fully assembled turbo with the VNT's all set up, I was told they weren't far off but every little helps.

I know they are local to me but what a brilliant service they provided me with as well and very very competitive pricing.

Reactions: tony mc
almost cooking on gas now then carl, another job out of the way then, whats next .

almost cooking on gas now then carl, another job out of the way then, whats next .

The first thing will be to get my front brakes bedded in properly and then it will be my 300x22mm rear set up.

But before them and after fitting my turbo.....I have my EGR Delete Kit to fit, even though it's disabled and also fit my EGR Cooler Delete (DIY) Kit.

db00ca8800e1c899ebeb89d8122885ba.jpg
42cbe00321492045e2c4f284de1514ad.jpg
15a5fba51c97208008bc02f91fc29593.jpg
a4f81e6824a2b6dce9df26645f9e52b9.jpg

Finally got a full version of vcds and a cable that's compatible for a decent price (£40) so now I can actually use vcds properly.

Could anyone shed some lights on these faults that I'm getting? I don't notice a drop in performance and I've had the pcv changed 3 months ago.

Car idles at 1100 and the engine light will come on if I go on a journey at day 40mph for more than 5 miles or so.

I'm reading online that it's a air leak somewhere but I'm not sure exactly.

Reactions: Dan-1981
Been and ordered some nice new shiny alloys......hope they fit with the brembo's.

I've started the purchasing spree for a complete rear end suspension rebuild. It won't be cheap, but hopefully it'll last the life of the car!

yeh he did Carl mate, thought i might of been able to trick him in to telling us by asking quickly lol, also might be able to shed some light on if they'll go over, the amount wheels i've looked at and there aint loads of difference in the 18z's to mine overall size wise

I think the 18z's will just sit nearer the outside rim than yours do.....so may just have given you the clearance needed.

you seen a 18z in the flesh mate they are massive took these pics when my mate was de bagging a q7 the other week
20170205 111200 20170205 111207
notice how deep the hat is on the disc, i know you cant fit them discs on our cars because of the room needed on the rear side, they would hit the bottom arm so they will come out over on ours more than this

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Mmmmm....maybe Rob shouldn't see this as he will be doing the 50p 20p with his *** :tearsofjoy:

And yes pal there's a few of the Q7's and other variants that have them on round me.

you seen a 18z in the flesh mate they are massive took these pics when my mate was de bagging a q7 the other week
View attachment 117527 View attachment 117528
notice how deep the hat is on the disc, i know you cant fit them discs on our cars because of the room needed on the rear side, they would hit the bottom arm so they will come out over on ours more than this

now then chaps , they are big old lumps the 18z's but will fit on , the caliper mounting is a straight fit and with the right 345 discs it works out fine, the only complication is with alloys, some will be a non starter straight away but 18" is the minimum for 18z units , having checked the dimension with my rials they fit fine , well spot on paper and we know how reliable that is..lol
ordered some 19" rims which should also be fine , on paper again, but i'll see how they workout with my rials first before I start fitting the 19" rims on, just in case....I aways like to have a back plan ,if a doesn't work then its B,C ,D etc....lol

oh yes , be afraid, very afraid....lol
That's not to say they will fit though tony, just covering all possible options....

well might aswell spill the beans.....
here they are , they wont be here for a while due to being special order item or something, anyway 19" on an ET35 so should be just right touch wood.
B71

Reactions: martin1984

Finally got a full version of vcds and a cable that's compatible for a decent price (£40) so now I can actually use vcds properly.

Could anyone shed some lights on these faults that I'm getting? I don't notice a drop in performance and I've had the pcv changed 3 months ago.

Car idles at 1100 and the engine light will come on if I go on a journey at day 40mph for more than 5 miles or so.

Where did you get that from?

Finally got round to fitting my new headlights from t8ups and my Black grille :)

IMG 8651 resized
IMG 8653 resized
IMG 8652 resized

Reactions: James.c, Baka, carlcall and 2 others
View attachment 117527 View attachment 117528
mine arrived today, they don't look that big tony, they look massive compared to my current ones and they aren't small.
Its a shame I never unboxed the last set I bought to see how big they are, anyway , just need to sort out the colour scheme and whilst I await the discs and other parts to arrive.

Reactions: carlcall and tony mc
sound good Rob mate, fingers crossed for you evrything go's as planned. lmao

Reactions: carlcall
Its a shame I never unboxed the last set I bought to see how big they are, anyway , just need to sort out the colour scheme and whilst I await the discs and other parts to arrive.

Aren't these the same calipers that came with your last set....apart form the last set will have had bells and rotors.

As for the colour scheme.....PINK, it will go with your blouse!

yes certainly are carl, but I never opened the boxes from the last set just sold them as new and unopened, which did work out well as they were still new and unopened.

hmmmm, pink , depend on what shade carl and I was thinking more toward purple now.....they will match my 70's jacket..lol

Reactions: carlcall
Well the cars fully back together and seems to drive one hell of a lot nicer. I think I may have had a slight problem with the turbo ever since I bought it.

Did an oil flow test on it and it seems well within the parameters of what I was told it should be.

Anyway I seem to have a few pieces left over.....runs ok without them!

826cc91f7a4fbda1b0a968215e953510.jpg

Reactions: James.c, Dani_B19, Charlie Farley and 1 other person