What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

polished stainless steel, shinny but not too shinney like chrome is.

Same difference, they all end up black anyway which is why mine is hidden.

funny-cat-picture-ninja-mode-engaged.jpg

Reactions: Sibmets
nope , mine are allways nice and clean, but then i'm not a messy oil burner.....

:wtf:Well today I windowed the block on the way to work.
You’re not supposed to be able to see rod bearings and the crank when you pop the bonnet

Attachments

• 0286B3C7-5563-413F-93BE-FBA05ECA0BB5.jpeg
    0286B3C7-5563-413F-93BE-FBA05ECA0BB5.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 246
When the rain finally stopped I managed to get the new painted up S4 valance fitted, and found a very quick and safe way to get the old one off , that was a good start, fitted new S4 one , oh bummer , i'll need offset tips then.....
Glad I waited until it was fitted before ordering new tips....
I currently have 90mm tips so thinking going quad 90's now ….or should I stick with a safe set of 76mm tips.

IMG 1192
IMG 1193
IMG 1192
IMG 1193

For someone who just said they have "nice and clean" tips unlike a "messy oil burner" they look pretty dirty :playful:

People with S4's have surely put bigger tips on and that should answer that... Really just needs some measuring which is what I thought you were doing/did, bigger is better obviously, could just save the agro and go an exhaust shop...

Reactions: jay1601
inside and outside are different things.....outside are allways clean , inside , well that's something else..
S4's have different boxes to start with and outlet positions are different, which is why the single outlet is on the outside edge of s4 valance when fitted with a tfsi oem silencer.

Finally sorted out the tips that will fit without messing around, and not overly expensive for the quality.
My current tips came from the same supplier and are very good quality .
A4b7

Added some ‘go faster’ roof bars at the weekend... Just need a big heavy box to put on top of them, should help with the aerodynamics!
AA71A266 71CA 48E0 8B07 243CFC991334

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
I had the clutch and flywheel changed this week as it was slipping after remap

Attachments

• D3D9F75A-FBFD-461F-90DB-DB9DCE0DF539.jpeg
    D3D9F75A-FBFD-461F-90DB-DB9DCE0DF539.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
TNT man made a visit today with some nice new shinny tailpipes , very pleased with them.
Ordered them Tuesday evening , and they were here this morning from Cyprus, and the guys even supplied me with custom sleeves to fit my 50mm outlet pipework free of charge, brilliant stuff from that company.
So tommorow' s task is , weld them on and jobs a good one.

IMG 1199

Reactions: jay1601 and Dani_B19
Mate gave me his old amp and 10” sub

Ripped out the stock Bose sub and used the space for the amp

Made a box which sits inside the 18” spare wheel, losing no boot space and keeps it OEM looking

Total build cost £8 just to buy some acoustic carpet, everything else was free

Attachments

• 07144AC0-4015-4B3F-85FB-AB62A4B15C95.jpeg
    07144AC0-4015-4B3F-85FB-AB62A4B15C95.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: LawrenceH and jamiewatkins2004
Mate gave me his old amp and 10” sub

Ripped out the stock Bose sub and used the space for the amp

Made a box which sits inside the 18” spare wheel, losing no boot space and keeps it OEM looking

Total build cost £8 just to buy some acoustic carpet, everything else was free

Nice job mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cambelt change. Not as hard as I thought it’d be, just awkward access.

Drained oil from ICs also, nowhere near what I was expecting. Little bit from left one and nothing from right one.

I too drained the intercoolers, washed and waxed!
And this, broke the rings! Any idea what glue should I be using to stick it back on? I have gorilla super glue but not sure whether it will withstand the heat.
20180929 173952

nice Nozrul, it looks like you could use some covers, to cover the battery compartment...
I'm selling all 4 covers(also those above the airbox, and the washer bottle cover). All brand new!

I too drained the intercoolers, washed and waxed!
And this, broke the rings! Any idea what glue should I be using to stick it back on? I have gorilla super glue but not sure whether it will withstand the heat.View attachment 166553

Join the party chap, I have lost 3 in 4 years , they just seem to fall off whatever and when ever..lol
just use some good epoxy resin.

On the engine covers , the special eds 220's never came with all the covers, but you can fit the others as they all fit.

these are the main ones, I don't have the air box or washer bottle ones though.

Upload 2018 9 29 20 38 20

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
nice Nozrul, it looks like you could use some covers, to cover the battery compartment...
I'm selling all 4 covers(also those above the airbox, and the washer bottle cover). All brand new!
Any pics pal

Washed and 2 coats of wax, all ready for the winter, didn't bother with the wheels as they're going in for it to be refurbished although still haven't decided on the colour yet.

Rob, what colour you got?
20180930 144924

I never used to be a big fan of quad tailpipes but fancied a change to the slash cut ones I fitted a few years back, so went for it.

Been out and finished the tip replacements this afternoon , just need to do some fine tuning on the L/R positions otherwise very happy with them.
They are not small but not overly large and don't stick out like space shuttle rockets...lol , well I like them .

Anyone wanting my old tips just drop me a line as i'll be putting them in the classified shortly.

S4tips2
S4tips1

Reactions: jay1601 and AvantAlexB7
My new wheel and gear knob acquired and fitted yesterday and cleaned this afternoon. What a difference the chrome accents and silver stitching makes to the otherwise rather dark, plain (but nice) interior!
Before:
IMG 20180930 50520

20180930 155933

After:
IMG 20180930 40369

20180930 161952

And the new gear knob
IMG 20180930 41857

Im just now on the hunt for a RS4 style perforated handbrake cover but with some custom silver stitching to make a full set.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I never used to be a big fan of quad tailpipes but fancied a change to the slash cut ones I fitted a few years back, so went for it.

Been out and finished the tip replacements this afternoon , just need to do some fine tuning on the L/R positions otherwise very happy with them.
They are not small but not overly large and don't stick out like space shuttle rockets...lol , well I like them .

Anyone wanting my old tips just drop me a line as i'll be putting them in the classified shortly.

View attachment 166641 View attachment 166642

Ill pm you regarding your old tips buddy

Today I fitted my new and freshly refurbed Le Mans wheels.

Really pleased with them. Just need to get some lowering springs and some spacers and then it will be perfect.

Very happy with them:

2f9a795f3394dcadb6b1495e8727ae63.jpg

99eef7158a9f901b74b5e270074d2393.jpg

Reactions: Jamal Miah, Rob Avant, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Hey Nozrul..... Wheel colour? Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT paint them black! Shiny Bright Silver for the win EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!
Nuff said..... :sadlike:

Reactions: MartinHudson6 and Nozrul Islam
Most definitely not black mate, was thinking maybe chrome greyish basically a shade darker than factory with high gloss shine. I got until Tuesday to decide!

Today, had car up in the air trying to find out which front wheel bearing is noisy - But failed dismally as I can't find any play or looseness in them at all. If you drive along, from around 35ish onward, start to hear a steady droning sound - it's not particularly loud & doesn't change if I declutch & knock it into neutral it's just 'there'. It also doesnt seem to change if I steer from side to side (the usual way to differentiate If its Left or Right). Maybe not a wheel bearing? Any ideas anyone? :frown new: