What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Q: What have you done to your A4 B7 today.

A: Left the keys in the ignition and drained the effing battery.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I eventually disconnected mine yesterday evening when messing about with my seat wiring. Luckily earlier in the day I'd read about having to reprograme the key, otherwise I'd have been totally flummuxed as to why it wouldn't lock.

Not done much today, except get some new nuts and bolts for suspension overhaul, then started looking for a part on the shed, knocking over a load of decorating products, so gave up and put the load of bark chips that hot delivered around the garden.
Non Audi productive really.

Done that loads on previous cars, last year managed to lock the keys in the mgf while it was running, only one set of keys too.
Best alternative use of a fork ever.

Done that loads on previous cars, last year managed to lock the keys in the mgf while it was running, only one set of keys too.
Best alternative use of a fork ever.
Did that once with the baby inside the car!! Was warming up the car in the morning, I don't recall why I got out but managed to lock myself out, luckily I have 4 sets of keys , so ran home got the plastic key and its been in my pocket ever since.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I ordered it from GSF online. Was meant to be £75 but they have a sale on and got it for £30. My part number is: 268VG0380
But I recommend going on their site and entering your reg and searching for air con pressure switch. To make sure you get the right part for your car.

That price is about right. I was 35ish for genuine, can find the pn later.

Whole bumper doesn't need to come off, just loosen passenger side and pop out headlight:)

Great thanks, I'll get one on order :)

Had a go at wrapping the chrome trim around the drivers side windows. For a first attempt it turned out all right. Gonna get the passenger side done tomorrow
318E4E1B 0CF3 44CD 85DA 6A47B5CE8570
3EBA64A3 D24F 4FC5 BDEA 0878B46EF016

Reactions: Bobbytea, LloydB7, Pie-eyedpiper and 1 other person
Swapped s-line badges for black ones

Attachments

• B5EEA5CE-5F52-44D4-9C02-2D16586902B1.jpeg
    B5EEA5CE-5F52-44D4-9C02-2D16586902B1.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Bobbytea, LloydB7 and Charlie Farley
Fitted some 20mm spacers to the rear and sprayed my grill surround black, then decided the number plate surround needed to be black too. So sprayed up the new number plate surround ready for when I fit the front PDC system. Need to replace the number plates. Not sure if I should go pressed, standard or Gel plates

ED03B095 F7A2 474F 9C04 2E2F7075D6E8 2F7FD5BF 2568 48B0 A684 0DDAECB60BB4 F3DEE169 1E04 40DD ABAA 7A61B17643EA 6108E7EB 43FB 44EB A764 42BA22FB5033

Reactions: Bobbytea and Pie-eyedpiper
I really don’t like 4D plates, just something about them that I don’t think looks right

I went for pressed plates with UK font, I know some fear they’re not legal... but they’ve been through two MOT’s and I’ve never had an issue with them - I love the clean look they give. So much nicer than plastic plates.

I had French font pressed plates on my RS Clio and never had an issue with those either, but it only takes one dodgy/speedy bit of driving and a jobsworth policeyman and it might be a different story.

Reactions: jarnold231
Battery recharged.

Wash. Wax on. Wax off

This carnuba stuff is awesome.
40596f74e32d9f1c3db08f5a4f3cf58b.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I went for pressed plates with UK font, I know some fear they’re not legal... but they’ve been through two MOT’s and I’ve never had an issue with them - I love the clean look they give. So much nicer than plastic plates.

I had French font pressed plates on my RS Clio and never had an issue with those either, but it only takes one dodgy/speedy bit of driving and a jobsworth policeyman and it might be a different story.
I've got pressed plates never known of them being illegal tbh but what I've found is the front has stone chipped badly, never experienced that with my previous car with pressed plates so may well be the company or possibly where i live now, put me off having them again.

Reactions: Bobbytea
Nothing at all, but I did take a rubbish pic of my quattro in it's natural habitat today on the way home from some work business.
New wheel offset looks to be just right now aswell, just need to give the old bus a darn good wash and polish.
I though I had a dull patch on the nearside front door then realised it was a brick wall reflection..lol

rubbish pic below..:whistle2:

Rpoad 3
Road11 2

Last edited:
Reactions: boffin486, Bobbytea, David Cox and 3 others
Nothing at all, but I did take a rubbish pic of my quattro in it's natural habitat today on the way home from some work business.
New wheel offset looks to be just right now aswell, just need to give the old bus a darn good wash and polish.
I though I had a dull patch on the nearside front door then realised it was a brick wall reflection..lol

rubbish pic below..:whistle2:

View attachment 201914 View attachment 201913

What size spacers have you settled on now then? Offset looks great! Any rubbing on the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All seems ok thus far since i re-aligned the arch liner.
I'm running 19" 8.5j rims with staggered spacer thickness so Effective offsets are nowET27 on the rears and ET31 on the fronts , probably as far as i'll take it now as it looks great , any more and it will look too much .

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Wrapped the passenger side chrome window trim today. But ran out before I was able to finish around the rear triangle window. So need to order another roll on payday. So stripped a replacement headlight I’d bought as the lens needs refurbishing. Heated up the sealant and removed the lens ready to sand back and remove the scratches. Unscrewed the indicator housing and popped the amber lens out. Unsure whether to leave it with out a lens or see about getting clear lenses from Audi after the lockdown

Found some bits I'd forgotten about in the shed, footwell lights and interior handle lighting bits from an a6, when get the car back from the garage I'll look at fitting.

Had a fiddle with my "new" FNRG calipers, cleaning, retracting the pistons etc.
Boy are those things big!
When you've been messing around with the small FN3 calipers and 288 mm discs for years, they are like monsters.

Had a fiddle with my "new" FNRG calipers, cleaning, retracting the pistons etc.
Boy are those things big!
When you've been messing around with the small FN3 calipers and 288 mm discs for years, they are like monsters.
After the map I fancy myself some 345mm disc set up more than likely the 18z's, post some pics up when there all buttoned up :)

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Sprayed the S4 style caliper clips up and applied the S line stickers. Was going to go with S4 ones being as they are technically but decided against it.

Then stole my wife’s UV nail lamp thing and clear polish to put a layer over the clips to help protect the sticker.

Also gloss blacked some spare parking sensors ready for the front plate panel.
E427EC5E 8C27 4344 AD4E ABFB17D0EED6
FDB0C6DD 43E4 48A3 83BE CF3768FA4DAF

7E037EBC 2E85 41EF 956F 38E3755D6E49

Attachments

• 12CEAAB8-046C-4D03-B116-E83C88BF29AA.jpeg
    12CEAAB8-046C-4D03-B116-E83C88BF29AA.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: DieselJake, The_Guvnor_1980 and Bobbytea
Ohh almost forgot the reason the clips came
Off in the first place. Upgraded to Ferodo premier eco friction pads to try and help keep the dust down, and the reviews I’ve seen say these are very very good too. So we will see

ignore the battered box, they been rolling around in the boot for a few days

47E32B6E CCC7 403F ADDD EFE0A7E7DE5F

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Have you noticed any difference in road handling with the spacers on Rob?

Morning chap, I would love to say yes but my old bus runs so flat around corners etc with brilliant handling I just haven’t noticed any change .
Maybe with the lower front offset to rear the steering feels a bit sharper but probably just wishful thinking.

with the rs4 arb and the bilstein b8 setup I doubt I could improve it much more for the intended usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Bobbytea
Morning chap, I would love to say yes but my old bus runs so flat around corners etc with brilliant handling I just haven’t noticed any change .
Maybe with the lower front offset to rear the steering feels a bit sharper but probably just wishful thinking.

with the rs4 arb and the bilstein b8 setup I doubt I could improve it much more for the indented usage.

That’s good to know, I’ve always stayed away from spacers as I’ve always been under the impression ‘they’re for show not for go’

I’m glad you’re enjoying the setup! I’ve got an the b12 kit (with sportline rather than pro springs) and an 24mm eibach rear ARB which is adjustable with two settings - I just need to upgrade the drop links to get to the stiffest setting.

The B7 is such a stable platform, I guess the relatively long wheel base helps. I love the sportlines, excellent bump compliance and the controlled weight transfer can help you flow down a set of twisty like little else on the road.

That’s good to know, I’ve always stayed away from spacers as I’ve always been under the impression ‘they’re for show not for go’

I’m glad you’re enjoying the setup! I’ve got an the b12 kit (with sportline rather than pro springs) and an 24mm eibach rear ARB which is adjustable with two settings - I just need to upgrade the drop links to get to the stiffest setting.

The B7 is such a stable platform, I guess the relatively long wheel base helps. I love the sportlines, excellent bump compliance and the controlled weight transfer can help you flow down a set of twisty like little else on the road.

From my perspective spacers only really fulfil two functions on B7’s.
They are a good way to fit a larger selection of alloys on our cars .
The other is that they do enhance the visual appearance , well if done in moderation as it is very easy to go overkill sometimes.

for me that’s the only two reasons for use but all down to personal choice.

There's nothing dangerous about spacers unless you get horribly made ones or don't use the right bolts. If you get really large ones that change the geometry of the wheelbase drastically then you could look at getting some adverse effects but people run and drive their cars at track events all the time with them on.

Reactions: Bobbytea and The_Guvnor_1980
From my perspective spacers only really fulfil two functions on B7’s.
They are a good way to fit a larger selection of alloys on our cars .
The other is that they do enhance the visual appearance , well if done in moderation as it is very easy to go overkill sometimes.

for me that’s the only two reasons for use but all down to personal choice.

Well they do make your B7 look spectacular... so I think you’ve changed my mind anyway! Ha. All about enjoying your motor.

One benefit I found with spacers is they make it easier to go over center speed bumps haha, highly recommend going over the bolts more than usual with spacers as heard a strange noise when driving on mine which turned out to have been a wheel being ultra loose, not exactly sure on the reason behind this (possibly bolts but couldn't say for sure) but after tightening didn't have the issue again (although did continue checking all bolts every few months, again not sure on the exact reason but aftermarket stuff is not generally picked from the same tree as OEM).

That's why it's extra important to torque them down to around 90 ft/lbs and not rely on just a cordless impact or something like that. I've had it happen once that I found them all loose after making some strange noises and it's because I relied on only the impact gun to do it for me.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Probably is best, wish I had a torque wrench, might order one now actually will certainly come in handy torquing things to spec rather than going "tight enough", still recommend checking bolts periodically to be on the safe side, was very close to having a wheel overtake me and still not entirely sure why (did all the bolts tight or "tight enough" by the right arm torque specs haha).