What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Tell me about it really don't get why they left it off, I'm against paying what they want for them when it should of already had it so they can shove it ill keep it exposed until I'm feeling generous enough to buy them.

Just look out for anyone breaking a B6 Ricky, they all had them. I've had 2 now for £10 each, and sold one on.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Dont suppose anyones got any of these lying around for a 2.0 TFSI? One of mines broke a peg.

45b3595b b343 49d7 b560 caaf78068df4

Dont suppose anyones got any of these lying around for a 2.0 TFSI? One of mines broke a peg.

View attachment 202856
I wouldn't worry about that peg at all except figuring out where it's at. Is it in the holes still? Those slide right in and are held in by the intake manifold. It's not going anywhere.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chrismawa
I wouldn't worry about that peg at all except figuring out where it's at. Is it in the holes still? Those slide right in and are held in by the intake manifold. It's not going anywhere.

That was my initial thought too mate. Just thought I'd see if anyone happened to have any. Yeah the peg is still in the gasket so not lost inside the engine thankfully ha!

281c5d1d 7619 4721 ae9c b267abc484a5

Reactions: i3oricua
Fed ex man came today with my latest purchase, a somewhat large box for what was inside..lol

Box1

Nope its not oil..lol, I never worry about covering address, that was just by accident the label was partially covered anyway.

Took Das Auto to get it's tracking done. The initial results indicated a nicht gut situation.

The guy at GT Tyres Forres was really helpful, and adjusted what he could but it would seem that the adjustment bolts on the front right and both rear axles are totally seized.

He suggested all new bolts and control arms then back in. Guessing I'm booking into the garage again :(

On the plus side a bit of Facebook marketplace snooping and social distance purchasing has netted me a suitable valance for my stupid exhaust. Time to get the spay paint out :)
90beb29f4db66e33a2e8f8966b7e99fa.jpg
c01c1ef46f73260acac49303a7b16c7e.jpg

Reactions: AvantMike, HOGG and Sidrick
That's no good at ALL. You need to get that sorted asap

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jarnold231
Took Das Auto to get it's tracking done. The initial results indicated a nicht gut situation.

The guy at GT Tyres Forres was really helpful, and adjusted what he could but it would seem that the adjustment bolts on the front right and both rear axles are totally seized.

He suggested all new bolts and control arms then back in. Guessing I'm booking into the garage again :(

On the plus side a bit of Facebook marketplace snooping and social distance purchasing has netted me a suitable valance for my stupid exhaust. Time to get the spay paint out :)
90beb29f4db66e33a2e8f8966b7e99fa.jpg
c01c1ef46f73260acac49303a7b16c7e.jpg

*note to self.

Never buy an Audi that's lived in Scotland.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Think his exact words were "your car is driving like a crab"...

You ignored your own advice?

He just wanted you to shell out some more money.
Not at all, he said he didn't want to force the bolts incase they sheared and we wouldn't be able to replace them and id be stranded 70 miles from home. The advice to get a garage to change them and then bring it back was sound.

Took mine out for a run down the motorway today to pic up some wheels I found online :)
FFF7C0AF 3852 48A2 A8F0 1255E5CBDBDD

Reactions: boffin486, Sam1989, tr7 and 1 other person
Not at all, he said he didn't want to force the bolts incase they sheared and we wouldn't be able to replace them and id be stranded 70 miles from home. The advice to get a garage to change them and then bring it back was sound.

You missed the aim of my post entirely.

My first comment was the Rob.
My second was a cleverly disguised (very well disguised, clearly) pun to you.

Reactions: Bobbytea
Had a mixed bag with the old bus today .
Firstly the new alloys are a non starter and wont go on , just wont clear the 18z's ,blast it.
Second problem , the old bus died on me whilst on the way back from work business, just would not start.
Waited for 10-15 and it fired up in the end, I've just run VCDS and the dreaded fault is logged and not the old ones from before but electrical all the same.

showing ECM power relay load ciruit (j271)
P0688-002 , which is open circuit - intermittent, now why am I not surprised.

I sense a pattern here what with the other faults that were originating from the ECM .
I replaced both relays last week and everything has been fine , now another fault.
I'm thinking the best bet would be to replace that relay holder completely as there seems to be a problem there with contacts, it cant be another relay as I've swapped both for new ones again a week ago so the only possible cause now must be the relay holder/ connector block.

Not a good day at all.

Reactions: Donfero
Firstly the new alloys are a non starter and wont go on , just wont clear the 18z's ,blast it.
Second problem , the old bus died on me whilst on the way back from work business, just would not start.
Waited for 10-15 and it fired up in the end, I've just run VCDS and the dreaded fault is logged and not the old ones from before but electrical all the same.

I sense a pattern here what with the other faults that were originating from the ECM .
I replaced both relays last week and everything has been fine , now another fault.
I'm thinking the best bet would be to replace that relay holder completely as there seems to be a problem there with contacts, it cant be another relay as I've swapped both for new ones again a week ago so the only possible cause now must be the relay holder/ connector block.

Not a good day at all.

Sorry you’ve had more gremlins bud. Remember, don’t get the wet or feed them after midnight

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
:yes:, I sometimes think this car just has a single mission, to give me a much hassle as possible.:sadlike:

Not a good day at all.
Houston, We have a problem...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Finally all fitted and somewhat resembling a car again.

After my strop with the S4 brakes I'm awaiting some new Porsche Macan 4-pot calipers arriving that should fit the 345mm discs I bought.

Also waiting on Xenon headlights arriving as they really freshen up the look and would be much better than the current dim candles when driving at night. However, fitting the headlight leveling system looks an expensive nightmare so I might end up ditching that plan and directing funds towards bodywork.... Or another car.

IMG 20200515 205247thumb91d9782d157efc58e7395755d4cf9bbb

Reactions: boffin486, TOM.S, Sam1989 and 4 others
Finally all fitted and somewhat resembling a car again.

After my strop with the S4 brakes I'm awaiting some new Porsche Macan 4-pot calipers arriving that should fit the 345mm discs I bought.

Also waiting on Xenon headlights arriving as they really freshen up the look and would be much better than the current dim candles when driving at night. However, fitting the headlight leveling system looks an expensive nightmare so I might end up ditching that plan and directing funds towards bodywork.... Or another car.

View attachment 203022

One word chap,
Excellent.

:icon thumright:

Reactions: Sidrick
You lot are putting me to shame - I thought I'd been busier than a blowfly at a bbq when I finally pop on here you've all been going mad!
All I can say is - the S-Line mesh grill upgrade is a lot of dremel work..

But on the plus side I think I've got enough bits for 3 of them once I've got round to sorting it all.
Booked for MOT & service this week, then alloys, lowering & de-chrome week after.

Made the mistake of accompanying a friend (and using social distancing common sense) whilst he had his back boxes off anf new tips on his S5 4.2l V8... it sounded AMAZING
New exhaust after the MOT methinks.
And if anyone's got any advice on stage 2 for the 2.0 TDI 170 that'd be handy.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, jarnold231 and Sidrick
You lot are putting me to shame - I thought I'd been busier than a blowfly at a bbq when I finally pop on here you've all been going mad!
All I can say is - the S-Line mesh grill upgrade is a lot of dremel work..

But on the plus side I think I've got enough bits for 3 of them once I've got round to sorting it all.
Booked for MOT & service this week, then alloys, lowering & de-chrome week after.

Made the mistake of accompanying a friend (and using social distancing common sense) whilst he had his back boxes off anf new tips on his S5 4.2l V8... it sounded AMAZING
New exhaust after the MOT methinks.
And if anyone's got any advice on stage 2 for the 2.0 TDI 170 that'd be handy.
Good to hear from you Mike still cant believe your making us wait this long to see the alloys lol looking forward to seeing the end result.

As for stage 2 it differs with engines and cars ect but generally speaking stage 2 is normally a couple of basic bolt ons so a full exhaust and air filter worth ringing performance remap local to us and asking him whats needed for a stage 2 software on your specific car.

Reactions: AvantMike
Today I've managed to solve the 18z caliper clearance issue, and I don't need to find something else now.:yahoo:

Reactions: boffin486, TOM.S and Sidrick
I was but the 8 pots fell through a while back, so happy to stick with the 18z's for now, they will be better after a new coat of paint aswell.:icon thumright: