What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Hi, I checked the spings I bought against your picture and the ones I have are the same.
So It looks like I need to have another try, might get my son to push on the centre with screw driver to hold it steady
while get the spring seated.
What I find is you get the first leg in, then bend the other leg and it flys out.

Got moaned at by the Mrs because the postman left a rather heavy box in front of the front door best start spraying those top punch bolts every day and start praying
3A6FC6BE C15D 4A39 870E 6897B8ABE84D

Reactions: AvantMike, Sam1989, tr7 and 3 others
Hit and run, or you got their details?

No, car park in hospital where I work.
Caught the bumper on a kerb verging on grass.
In the morning it was wet and I didn’t hear a scraping sound.
Maybe the car suspension settled as the day got hotter.
I’ve since noticed there are 2 curved air deflectors under the bumper. One of them must have lodged against the curb as I reversed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No, car park in hospital where I work.
Caught the bumper on a kerb verging on grass.
In the morning it was wet and I didn’t hear a scraping sound.
Maybe the car suspension settled as the day got hotter.
I’ve since noticed there are 2 curved air deflectors under the bumper. One of them must have lodged against the curb as I reversed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

St Richards?

My girlfriend did that to our A4. She had a habit of parking the bumper right over the kerb, until she ripped the bumper off. She stays well back now.

E2841B3A 116C 484A BF2C FD66F1AD0465

not a great weekend...new steering knuckles on the way....not all bad, most of underneath polybushed. New snub mount and bracket fitted. Will get all the new control arms fitted once new knuckles have arrived. Damn pinch bolts!!

Reactions: tr7 and Bobbytea
You do realise that you don't need to remove the pinch bolts unless you're changing the top arms?
DON"T remove it to fit shocks.
I did think this was the case but when I looked I thought it looked a bit tight to get the top arm bolts out whilst still on the car.

I did think this was the case but when I looked I thought it looked a bit tight to get the top arm bolts out whilst still on the car.

It is too tight however once the strut mounts loose and the damper fork bolt is removed you can manoeuvre the strut enough to get those upper arm bolts out (the hub wants to flop about tho so support it )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Sidrick and LloydB7
New shoes. Not 100% on the colour but they're growing on me. Such a good deal hard to say no to.
7c6433bca8ac2ff72df3543f0c5ccfc5.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike and Jon13s
Bad news: Found out I have the dreaded Rev A camshaft that's wearing on my DTM with BUL engine.

Good news: having a new part fitted as part of the refresh and turbo upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

New shoes. Not 100% on the colour but they're growing on me. Such a good deal hard to say no to.

I hear you. Not normally one for black wheels but I think in that size it works. Certainly now worth spending money to change their colour if they were a good deal

Tricky colour matching to a black car.
Just don't get your windows tinted now or it will definitely look like you're dealing.

Happy Birthday btw.

Bad news: Found out I have the dreaded Rev A camshaft that's wearing on my DTM with BUL engine.

Good news: having a new part fitted as part of the refresh and turbo upgrade.

Is your BUL valve cover the silver finish one by some chance.

Just one of those things really and as per norm revisions were allways going to occur to deal with problematic parts, good that your upgrading it now .:icon thumright:

Just one of those things really and as per norm revisions were allways going to occur to deal with problematic parts, good that your upgrading it now .:icon thumright:
Yeah that's it. Needs to be done and the thing is already apart. No labour involved in changing it.

The cars a keeper.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm not sure but i think a few of the last early BUL engines did get the revised cam but all down to engine number , all the later BUL engines with the black valve cover had a revised cam and a few other parts in the engine, but it still wears just not as quickly.

I'm not sure but i think a few of the last early BUL engines did get the revised cam but all down to engine number , all the later BUL engines with the black valve cover had a revised cam and a few other parts in the engine, but it still wears just not as quickly.
Aye. I don't think I've seen a DTM without the silver top. But they were all 05-06 registered.

Just something for others to be aware of.

The early BUL engines were also fitted into the special editions for a while before the newer engines was used.
Just on another note, the PCV on the silver engines is not the same part as on the newer BUL engines so if you need to replace the pcv valve go with the revised part but you may need a new pipe aswell if i recall.

The early BUL engines were also fitted into the special editions for a while before the newer engines was used.
Just on another note, the PCV on the silver engines is not the same part as on the newer BUL engines so if you need to replace the pcv valve go with the revised part but you may need a new pipe aswell if i recall.
Aye that all been catered for in my ownership. Along with that naughty oil pick up pipe.

No choice if you're keeping them. Learnt from the past. It has everything it needs if I'm to 'enjoy' it lol

Just out of interest, where did you get the "A" Version camshaft is fitted .

"B" was fitted to nearly all BUL's but that's now been superceeded by the " J" revision which came out in 2013.

"B" was fitted to nearly all BUL's but that's now been superceeded by the " J" revision which came out in 2013.
What's the difference?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Really hav'nt got a clue , my old bus has the "B" but what the difference is to the "J" i couldnt say, maybe just a revised part number from a different part manafacturer.

Tbh I've assumed that detail based on knowing about the early ones and speaking to the place looking at it.

May well be later but looks to have suffered the rounding that I have read about. No scoring and fuel pump follower is fine which I'll happily take.

I knew it was a potential lurker. I will see if I can get a pic of the part number.

The Chocolate cams were fitted to a lot of the other 2.0tfsi engine in the B7 format and later revised cams were offered to address the problem.
There were some cases in early DTM's with abnormal cam lobe wear and the same with early special editions as they were fitted with but for the most part the " B" cam was fitted.
One of the better points of the BUL engines was in that it did'nt suffer , well not as badly from the soft cam lobe found in the other engine codes.
Would be good to see what part number yours is, and cross ref it against the engine number etc to draw up a more accurate database of what cams were fitted and when in the DTM and special eds.

Reactions: Sidrick
I have tinted rears inc tailgate and it looks fine.:icon thumright:

Rim9

Reactions: Jamsmoo