What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Just go carefully chap, the MAF sensor is very easy to damage so use with care, just a case of letting the spray disolve any residues so dont go at it with brushes etc.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Donfero
Those valance fitting instructions are handy. I’ve got the same one to go on. It’s been lying in my attic for about a year. Forgot about it to be honest! Might have a go at fitting it soon.

I used contact cleaner on my MAF, MAP and AIT recently. All 3 were covered in a film of oil. Def worth doing

Was going to do discs, pads, braided lines all round and brake fluid change today but it’s got to **** down all day.

Want to paint my callipers as well but not sure what colour? Was going to go yellow but that seems to be all the rage at the moment Around my area so thinking neon green maybe?

Think that would be quite a good contrast against the blue car?

Was going to do discs, pads, braided lines all round and brake fluid change today but it’s got to **** down all day.

Want to paint my callipers as well but not sure what colour? Was going to go yellow but that seems to be all the rage at the moment Around my area so thinking neon green maybe?

Think that would be quite a good contrast against the blue car?
I’m trying to convince a mate of mine to go Porsche Acid green for his calipers on his B8 RS4 after seeing a blue Macan with green calipers

Finally got my colour DIS swapped over from my other B7 into my 3.0TDI. So much better and makes the cabin feel so much more modern.

Attachments

• 4D4DB357-333A-4FDB-BD7F-246A7EB91EB2.jpeg
    4D4DB357-333A-4FDB-BD7F-246A7EB91EB2.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 192
  • 83CE1F94-DAAC-4D42-B634-ADE938AC7F39.jpeg
    83CE1F94-DAAC-4D42-B634-ADE938AC7F39.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 180
It was 4 years ownership before i realised i had colour DIS....not really that colourful though..lol

Reactions: Dan_Avant
Nice touch. Easy enough?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The physical swap is easy, I paid retrofit southwest to come and do the immobiliser coding and all of that part as it is more involved than VCDS capabilities. Not worth the money I paid to have it done more than likely. But I wanted them to complete the RNSE swap as the red DIS doesn’t show sat nav directions.

Are you swapping your roof bars over?

No ,I have a patch of rust coming thru near the edge of the channel,if I get them off it’ll save the body shop
7201339b4867ceb7b149c677e2ef8d6b.jpg

I did ring Audi about the 12 year rust warranty but it expired the month I bought it grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain's log.
Today has not been a good day.
Tackling the off side rear. Can't get the camber bolt out, it's seized in the bush. The bush turns so the rubber is shot. New control arms and bolts on order, I only hope the inner bolt comes out, or that's a cut job in an awkward position.

So abandoned the rear for now and moved to offside front. Track control arm bolt is seized in the arm, and the bolt doesn't even have a hex bolt head. Probably splaying the pinch might help, splaying socket on order.
And then it rained........

The joys of car owning DIY.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
No ,I have a patch of rust coming thru near the edge of the channel,if I get them off it’ll save the body shop
7201339b4867ceb7b149c677e2ef8d6b.jpg

I did ring Audi about the 12 year rust warranty but it expired the month I bought it grrr

I didn't even know rust warranties still applied to our cars. Bet mine's expired too now.

I didn't even know rust warranties still applied to our cars. Bet mine's expired too now.

12 years mate ,yours is 2008 right ,same as mine ,mine expired in March .
It’s against rust from within the panel ,if it’s from a stone chip/damage they do it .Ive read they will do all they can to avoid your claim

12 years mate ,yours is 2008 right ,same as mine ,mine expired in March .
It’s against rust from within the panel ,if it’s from a stone chip/damage they do it .Ive read they will do all they can to avoid your claim

They won’t do it *

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Finally got it back on the road “rolls eyes!!!”

A retaining bolt on the hpfp snapped. The pump then pulled the other 2 retainers off the head ruining the thread (in the head).

Had to use my trusty old screw extraction kit to get the snapped one out. Then Drilled all 3 out and used helicoils to repair the thread.

Took it for a good rant and the repair seems to be holding ok.
That exact thing happened to me, so to ease me through the trauma of what happened thinking I blew my newly rebuilt engine up I put the vis hpfp in at the same time lol

Custom cat with a slightly higher cell count, Rob?
250 cell on the 034 isn't exactly low anyway a lot seem to be 200 cell, anymore id be reluctant spending there crazy retail price and deal with the taking on and off every year with a decat.

250 cell on the 034 isn't exactly low anyway a lot seem to be 200 cell, anymore id be reluctant spending there crazy retail price and deal with the taking on and off every year with a decat.

If i cant find a suitable replacement setup then i wont refit the 034, simple as that really.
I just cannot see the point in thrashing the cars engine when stationary to get it through emmisions now, and its only by the smallest amount.
Every year mines been getting through by a smaller and smaller amount , running up the engine to excessive RPM to get it through and that's only a maybe now just is not worth the risk.

May well be a case of getting my OE cat modified with a larger dia out pipe and use in conjuction with a bigger bore resonated system, not as effective as a high flow cat but maybe an improvement over the total stock system.

Hi Rob,
There is a custom exhaust company very near to me, I am going to visit them next week and talk about custom cats.

This suggest a 200 cell will pass emmision tests for current regs.
My 034 wont and it's a 250, its allways possible that year on year the effectiveness of the cat is deminishing , who knows.

Upload 2020 7 25 20 30 26

This suggest a 200 cell will pass emmision tests for current regs.
My 034 wont and it's a 250, its allways possible that year on year the effectiveness of the cat is deminishing , who knows.

View attachment 206944
Exactly my point, I've had 200 cell sports cats in 3 cars now Mrs currently has one with no issues still and never had an issue with the type r or the track car before that, but this 250 cell £450 thing seems to be a nightmare, ill see for myself on the next mot but id be pretty ****** off it its got any chance of failing.

I may sell on my 034 unit for a bargain price and then see what occurs, i really cant see it going back on , well not in its current form that is.

Maybe the question should be, will a 200 cell CAT pass euro 4 emmisions, and if so why wont the 034 which is a 250 cell unit, after all CAT's are the same only the core cell count varies .

Maybe we should, as a forum contact 034 Motorsport with our issues.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Mines been getting progressively worse over the last couple of years. To the point where I'll likely need to find a resolution.

Wonder if it can be cut open and re packed? Might go for the heat wrap as well as mentioned previously.

The issue I have is that the car isn't going to run right with the original cat with the stage 3 mapping happening this week.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Mines been getting progressively worse over the last couple of years. To the point where I'll likely need to find a resolution.

Wonder if it can be cut open and re packed? Might go for the heat wrap as well as mentioned previously.

The issue I have is that the car isn't going to run right with the original cat with the stage 3 mapping happening this week.

It's not an ideal situation i agree and a lot of us have the 034 units fitted.
I've been reading "Jetex's " website as they do custom cats and diy parts for self builds.
If there was a gaurentee that a 200 cell unit would pass a euro 4 emissions test then i'd go with it, not sure any ones is though.

Reactions: Jon13s
It not an ideal situation i agree and a lot of us have the 034 units fitted.
I've been reading "Jetex's " website as they do custom cats and diy parts for self builds.
If there was a gaurentee that a 200 cell unit would pass a euro 4 emissions test then i'd go with it, not sure any ones is though.
Yeah there has to be options. I'll go custom if I have to.

I'm in deep so a bit more doesn't hurt.

ECS do a 200 cell unit and 3" down pipe kit, and another 200 cell unit just the cat so other than 034 there doesn't appear to be anything else ready to fit on the market for b7 tfsi.

Upload 2020 7 25 22 0 13

20200726 141437
20200726 141452
20200726 141536
20200726 141610
20200726 141524
20200726 134228
20200726 134228
Finally fitted the rear diffuser today, between the rain showers,
Measured up 15mm from the bottom and cut with a dremel using Ez SpeedClick cutters, good set if you have a mains powered Dremel.
Its fitted and took pictures, but it still looks if it's not quite in place in the middle, there is a bit of a ledge, it might just sit that way
I will get under and check all the clips are in place next week.
A big thank you to AvantMike for doing the paint work for me, and Rob who found the Install manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvantMike and Charlie Farley