What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I would go with the softer setting Alex when using the OE front end setup.
With decent dampers and springs fitted with that new ARB it will be like a go kart. :rock:
Yeah your probably right there, i dove around a mini roundabout that has a small hump on it and noticed that the rear seemed to almost hop slighlty as i transitioned left to right over the hump.

Once the wallet has recovered im definitely going down the B8 route!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thoughts on something I’m considering..swapping out my rear eibach sportlines for the original s line springs ,have considered buying the pro springs but obviously that means buying all four ,I’d then end up with a set a pro for the front and sportlines for the rear (which no one wants)
Love how it’s sits at the minute when it’s just me but with the bin lids and a bit of shopping in I do get a bit of rubbing (235 x35 x19 35et )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame u can’t purchase sportline front /pro rear mix ..perfect heights for me

Yeah your probably right there, i dove around a mini roundabout that has a small hump on it and noticed that the rear seemed to almost hop slighlty as i transitioned left to right over the hump.

Once the wallet has recovered im definitely going down the B8 route!

Good plan Alex.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Thoughts on something I’m considering..swapping out my rear eibach sportlines for the original s line springs ,have considered buying the pro springs but obviously that means buying all four ,I’d then end up with a set a pro for the front and sportlines for the rear (which no one wants)
Love how it’s sits at the minute when it’s just me but with the bin lids and a bit of shopping in I do get a bit of rubbing (235 x35 x19 35et )

I'm parting company with my B8 / H&R setup soon as i need to fit the new kit, have you considered going with a decent coilover setup .

When i lowered mine, i only fitted the front eibach sportline springs. The rear sits perfect imo on the stock Sline setup. I know some B7s especially avants can have different ride heights depending on quattro etc...

Reactions: Jamsmoo
By fitting the b14's to my avant bus i can raise the rear a bit more than with the b8's but lower the front down a shade , its fine as it is to be honest but i just feel the adjustable setup will be better suited to my new projects.

I'm parting company with my B8 / H&R setup soon as i need to fit the new kit, have you considered going with a decent coilover setup .

Yes , hindsight’s a beautiful thing .It was a toss up between the b12 and coilovers,read too many bad reviews on coilovers (b12 budget considering)
The b14 coilovers would of been the golden ticket but budget dictated

Can’t help but think eibach got it wrong with the sportline set up for 2wd avants
Could of done another 10mm at front ,10mm less at rear
But how dare I

You think yours is too low at the rear?
Why on earth would you go back to S(hite) line springs?
I'd rather stick with 18" wheels and improved handling than 19" and it wallow and bump like an old barge.
I think mines about as good as she's ever going to be.

I do think it’s a little low and I agree the ride was terrible on sline dampers and springs ,but I’m not laying the blame on the springs ..the sline springs must have a decent rating to sit that low and not bottom out under load ..I may be wrong but possibly the sline dampers after over 100k may have been partly to blame

Mine s-line dampers were a bin job sub 50k miles.:shrug:
Sline1

Last edited:
Comparing the 2 rear sline dampers rebound on removal they both went in the bin ,one was none existent the other took an age
I know the eibachs are more progressive but Im happy to give the slines a (free) chance with the b8s before shelling out for eibach pro for the rear

Found the RS4 rear ARB. It is 22mm. Couple of tiny bits of surface bubbling but other than that, brand new and never been fitted. Even came with fixings. Been sitting in my garage for 14 years!! Will Chuck it in the for sale section later.

3919dffd49f53209b13b9b9aee458d47.jpg

f2fa429c78a60196728bb5570167fd9a.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Dan_Avant
Don’t know what all the fuss is about with the s-line set up.

Mines stock and it handles like a beast, never missed a beat and I have a very spirited driving style!

Alex, how much are new knuckles?
The one I've just fitted was £170 and non genuine. I paid around £370 for a genuine for the other side last time. Thought about taking a gamble on a second hand one but i had concerns about it being butched around the pinch bolt

Found the RS4 rear ARB. It is 22mm. Couple of tiny bits of surface bubbling but other than that, brand new and never been fitted. Even came with fixings. Been sitting in my garage for 14 years!! Will Chuck it in the for sale section later.

How much are you asking?
It might be worth the hassle of swapping it again.

Don’t know what all the fuss is about with the s-line set up.

Mines stock and it handles like a beast, never missed a beat and I have a very spirited driving style!

That's because you clearly haven't tried Bilsteins.
Admittedly my old ones were old, but there really is no comparison.

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
So today I collected my resprayed DTM bumper and it looks spanking... :yahoo: , i have new rings and brackets aswell and postman pat delivered some suitable adhesive tape to fit the outside PDC sensors.
All in good day, just need to fit it now, and sort out the lower grille covers ..:thumbs up:

Reactions: Bobbytea, AvantAlexB7, Dan_Avant and 2 others

3919dffd49f53209b13b9b9aee458d47.jpg

f2fa429c78a60196728bb5570167fd9a.jpg

Also interested

I’m on the stock s-line springs and dampers. Cars on 141k miles and it handles really well.

Switching to coil overs later this year. Budget will be about £1000-£1200

I’ll put a vote in for the bilstein b16s. Pss9. I’ve had mine in for 6+ years and they’re awesome. Having the adjustment for damping is handy, I firm the rears right up when towing the boat etc. takes 5 seconds

Reactions: Dan_Avant
Drop links today, Lemforder ones which are same as original with Audi numbers ground off.

20210401 122018 compress70

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Pie-eyedpiper, boffin486 and 2 others
Thought I’d give the rear sline springs another chance with b8s this time
My inability to stick with one set of wheels/offset /tyre size and having to ferry a family of 5 around speed bumped suburban streets means the eibach sportlines at the back had to go ,I gave spring assisters ago but were no help (maybe the eibachs will appear on classifieds )
Maybe look at getting some pro’s for the rear eventually.
At least it gave me an excuse to jet wash the arch liners ,wheels and give the callipers etc a good wiring brushing
After the recent arb talk here had a look at the ins and outs of getting mine off,how much needs to come out to remove and fit new ?
801398266396a6e52154873a7eb0b980.jpg

Thought I’d give the rear sline springs another chance with b8s this time
My inability to stick with one set of wheels/offset /tyre size and having to ferry a family of 5 around speed bumped suburban streets means the eibach sportlines at the back had to go ,I gave spring assisters ago but were no help (maybe the eibachs will appear on classifieds )
Maybe look at getting some pro’s for the rear eventually.
At least it gave me an excuse to jet wash the arch liners ,wheels and give the callipers etc a good wiring brushing
After the recent arb talk here had a look at the ins and outs of getting mine off,how much needs to come out to remove and fit new ?

801398266396a6e52154873a7eb0b980.jpg

Easy job fella, just need to drop the rear 3 exhaust hangers and unbolt the drop links so nice and straight forward. I fitted mine in half hour although was on a ramp. Deffo worth doing mine handles 110% better now

What size is stock sline rear arb ?..mine looked punny

18mm.
My old was was easy enough to get off apart from one bolt holding a centre bush. No way was it coming out, so I had to recip saw it.
Much easier on a BRE also only having a single exhaust.

Well my O/S rear spring decided to let go on the way to work this morning, so thats yet another job to do...

Well my O/S rear spring decided to let go on the way to work this morning, so thats yet another job to do...
pretty normal for OE s-line rear springs Alex.
one of mine snapped at 30k miles...shocking quality.