What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Well i fitted the new clutch and Dual mass flywheel this morning took around 5/6hrs all in and pretty easy to do especially on a ramp.

Started with mixed emotions tho, dropped the box out and removed the old clutch to fin it was in very good condition, very little wear on the disc and no signs of faul play on the pressure plate either, although we do suspect that the clutch has been recently changed as the DMF (supplied oem by LUK) was original but the clutch was missing the audi stamps plus a few other tell tail signs of it being previously tampered with. Our thoughts are maybe that the pressure plate has worn significantly quicker than the disc? Also the gearbox input shaft hadn't been greased either so could have been that too?

Anyhoo its all back in and drives loads better, no more hoping it can manage a hill start anymore

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Had to address a low brake pad lamp today, it couldn't be the pads as they are not low and more to the point I don't have the wear blocks fitted.
off with both fronts to establish what was to blame.
Nearside all good, drivers side loop fly lead must have been rubbing just shade on the rim at some point as there was clear patch around the entire rim inner edge and had worn through the cable, well just one side but enough to break the circuit and ping up the alert.
Due to a lack of a spare plug and lead, plan b, make a new contact inside the plug, the job is done.

Gave the interior and leather a good clean and recondition, almost looks half decent now.:yahoo:
Not B7 oriented but still audi, refiited my TT centre pipe having ventured over a somewhat taller speed bump and swiftly detached it, oops darn speed bumps, luckily it went on without issues and no other damage to the rest of the system.

The B7 is all good for tomorrows MOT now, fingers crossed it will be a pass.:thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Having just looked at my milage from last years MOT , I've only covered 3967 miles since then, that's half the previous year.
Can't be much to go wrong then given that short distance.:icon thumright:

87aa9c95a16968e1059b394ac5db0239.jpg

Larger tyres fitted to the bbs that I’ve been itching to try out meant a rethinking of spacing.
3 adult size people sat in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87aa9c95a16968e1059b394ac5db0239.jpg

Larger tyres fitted to the bbs that I’ve been itching to try out meant a rethinking of spacing.
3 adult size people sat in there

what size tires now chap?

i can see a face through the back window....lol

what size tires now chap?

i can see a face through the back window....lol

245 x35 .almost new good year eagle ,they came on another set of wheels that I put 235s on so had these sat around and didn’t want to waste them ,the ones that were on the bbs were bargain basement rubbish so flogged them on flea bay

sounds like a plan, i like the goodyear eagles, very surefooted tires.

i have them on the old bus too.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Nothing special today, just the annual MOT this afternoon.
Straight through with no issues or advisory notes either, today has been good day for the old bus. :icon thumright: :yahoo:

Glad to hear you passed with no issues, still got to sort out that 034 cat by next March.
It's looking like it's coming off, as cannot find anything to replace it.

I’ve got a new chra for my s3 turbo so that’s being fitted this week . And possibly going to sell all my upgrade parts and car to fund new project
48b12e0510fd5354e9e1297ae9b85a53.png

Having just looked at my milage from last years MOT , I've only covered 3967 miles since then, that's half the previous year.
Can't be much to go wrong then given that short distance.:icon thumright:
I just changed my oil the other day.

Have done

4,611 in past 556 days

Working from home for you!

Having more problems, major oil leak and air leak somewhere.

Car revs up and down at idle and stalls when you try to pull away

So.........I’m gonna be riding around in this from now on:

8A4F0E62 4400 49CB B422 343E5EA38369

1E28A808 E7FC 4081 9426 04C400A92226

Reactions: andymcleary and Charlie Farley
B8 S4 supercharged 3.0 V6 and what a machine it is.

It’s got a stage 1 map on it, around 400bhp and it shifts!! It’s quick, comfortable and refined, I love it.

Still keeping the b7 though. It’s gonna be my track car :racer:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
B8 S4 supercharged 3.0 V6 and what a machine it is.

It’s got a stage 1 map on it, around 400bhp and it shifts!! It’s quick, comfortable and refined, I love it.

Still keeping the b7 though. It’s gonna be my track car :racer:
Looks brill, I'm always temped by a newer bus but I just love the one I have, it owes me zippo and does all I ask of it and more so it works for me to be honest.
still, b8 s4 is a nice weapon of choice :icon thumright:

Reactions: Dan_Avant
I still love the b7 but I’ve wanted an S4 for years. I just love the rumble of a V6 and the whine of the supercharger is awesome!

Also wanted something that is fast out the box as you always run in to trouble when tuning cars and I don’t really have the time or patience to do the repairs anymore, 2 young kids and a fast paced job, you know how it is.

The S4 has a stage 1 ECU and gearbox map and is pushing out 400bhp. It’s fast, refined and comfortable with loads of optional extras and the super sport seats are a really good fit. I’m really impressed and happy with it

Today mostly I have been play with the suspension and brakes . And getting very sunburnt
4bb243575d19a2f7eb55d4cfbf14f0d0.jpg

0973b7201f8236a381d5d0a22453567a.jpg

723efd07d4d051ea105fce308f2aa6b8.jpg

95f682ac325f04e6389cab0d449a25cf.jpg

879f18da928fa7ab9f8b89a02bf7e5a9.jpg

e1adab9091ca35f7976fe1fb6d4d96be.jpg

2b4ac547195745665e0c49d1967924a4.jpg

95f682ac325f04e6389cab0d449a25cf.jpg

And tomorrow I’ll be cleaning inner wheel arches and doing read brake updated discs and pads

I will be but it needed the bottom arms and I have had the replacements for ages . And I want it to be right for new owner

I would love to keep it . But if I can sell the pistons rods and other bits I’ve bought I can possibly wangle it lol

Done all the suspension on front end drove it around but I think it’s going to sit to high . Has anyone got any lowering spring just for the front kicking around before I get some new ones ???

@Ricky Burrows

How’s your new motor mate?

Ceramic coat is def on the list of things to do to the S4 lol!
Yeah brilliant mate already ordered a load of bits some have arrived inc the lowering springs its already nice out the box I'm just adding a few little touches, needs a remap asap though I'm already bored of the power, maps generally put them between 300-310hp and 700nm so it wouldn't trouble your s4 but it should make it nicer to drive for a big boat lol, you got any plans in the near future for the s4?

I would love to keep it . But if I can sell the pistons rods and other bits I’ve bought I can possibly wangle it lol

pm me a list of what you want to offload chap. :icon thumright:

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
Cambelt and pump change lined up for this weekend, a bit overdue now so best to get it done before the remap.:thumbs up:

Also bit the bullet on a res- miltek system .
The old bus has been with me for 7 years 3 days ago so felt it was due a late birthday pressy.

Reactions: Bobbytea, Jamsmoo and WOMBLERULZ
Afraid I too will be selling my b7 ..because I bought a new one
Just trying out some wheels ,won’t be going on the road till mines sold and I’ve got it lowered and new dampers also gives me the chance to do anything else I spot
685f6300afadc2fb258eb45539a8fe03.jpg

Reactions: tr7, Dan_Avant and Charlie Farley
Tell us more . :icon thumright: :yahoo:

Well Rob after saying to your good self many months ago and having decided myself a good while before that I was gonna get a petrol Quattro avant and I was willing to wait for the right car …I’ve bought another diesel ,3ltr this time.It’s an 07 just ticked past 100k. i did get the Quattro bit though.I may be wrong and happy to be put right as I’m wondering myself ,I believe it’s dpf less.great spec ,zenons ,Drl,cruise ,black headliner,the obligatory 2 tone leather (new combo to me tho ..it’s like a very light grey /dark grey ).Great condition,very clean .Full Audi history.Quite unmolested aside from some spacers and non factory wheels(I believe) as i bought it with what I think are Audi mark 1 tt alloys on it ,18 8j et 43.Now the big change for me as a through and through manual man is the tiptronic.Never owned one and thought I never would but combined with the 3.0 I was very impressed.Such a easy relaxed drive with a good bit of power when needed (it’s been mapped ).it’s also had the paddles fitted .Time will tell but very happy with it ,nervous as it was a great price and sometimes that’s not a good thing
Now the hunt for suspension begins again ,thinking hr this time or eicbach pro ,less options now

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Dan_Avant
The 3.0 TDI is a great engine and really quick when mapped, loads of torque.

Ive got an s-tronic gearbox in my new car and I really like it. Very reserved and relaxed when in drive but mental when in sport, and the paddle shift is fun but takes some getting used to as I’ve also always had manual transmission cars

Reactions: Jamsmoo
The 3.0 TDI is a great engine and really quick when mapped, loads of torque.

Ive got an s-tronic gearbox in my new car and I really like it. Very reserved and relaxed when in drive but mental when in sport, and the paddle shift is fun but takes some getting used to as I’ve also always had manual transmission cars

Yea the torque was impressive.As you say the paddles are gonna take some getting used to although I see myself mostly using sport mode and filling up more often ,that been said the fuel consumption on the hr and 1/2 drive back wasn’t too bad ,think it was about 1/4 of a tank ,dis tells me average 45mpg but I suspect that’s being generous

Reactions: Dan_Avant
ce5e3d0e35fccafdf4cbfad4c45bb281.jpg

I think it’s had a calliper upgrade ,not sure what came factory but these are a whole lot bigger than my 2.0