What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

So finally got to do my oil and filter change today.
While under the car I thought I would take the pipes off the intercoolers and empty the oil,
The passenger side had about half a cup full of oil, the drivers side had nothing, glad I did it,
Hi Rob, Yes this is the first time I have took the pipes off.

The cost of lowering your bus, a slightly sloping drive and trying to get up the same ramps that you always did before.
The ramp sliced it right open, least it was me that did it and not the missus.
Mid rub down.

Attachments

• IMG_20210912_164014370.jpg
    IMG_20210912_164014370.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Coded my cruise cruise control and the Trip computer in today with a snap on machine. Followed a video off YouTube which worked a treat

My EML light had been on for a while, VCDS showed it as "intake manifold flap low voltage".
I changed my intake manifold to a flapless one earlier in the year and removed all my vacuum hoses. Only the electrical connectors to the solenoids remain.
Removed the connectors, sprayed in a bit of electrical lube spray and deleted the light with a hand held scanner.
So far the EML hasn't returned.

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I have been on here. Was toiling with looking at getting a A4 B8 Avant 2.0 TFSi Quattro Dynamik, saw two but they didn't tick the boxes for me, so decided to stay with the B7 TFSI 2.0 Quattro Avant (BUL Engine) for now, however, I do love the kit that comes with the Dynamik.

So, I'd recently got a brand new full resonated Milltek exhaust system for a very good price end of line & the last one with this company. I was always on the look out for a Non Resonated but the prices on them right now are just out of my reach.
I could not pass it up and I thought, forget the Non Resonated one. I have to admit, there is a definite difference acceleration though the gears and I love it, even if it's relatively quiet and looks the part in my opinion.

Had the car since Sept 2017 and I've only added a TT flat bottom steering wheel, coin tray and now the Milltek exhaust.
I have on order H&R Anti Roll bar kit, 32mm front and 22mm rear, so will be selling my current Sline genuine ARB, 32mm front and 18mm rear at some point on the classifieds here, so keep an eye out for those.

So these are today's pics of the exhaust being fitted.

** On a side note, anyone know of a decent company out there who can fully refurbish (not just paint) some 18z calipers?
Pic attached, Thx in advance!
:)

Attachments

• 20210913_150026.jpg
    20210913_150026.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210913_153537.jpg
    20210913_153537.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210913_153545_1.jpg
    20210913_153545_1.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210911_135201.jpg
    20210911_135201.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20191116_161511.jpg
    20191116_161511.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley and boffin486
18z's are not hard to refurb, save yourself a heap of cash and do them yourself.
Seal kits are not expensive and are easy to replace, calipers don't have to be powder coated as a careful wet paint can be just as good.
There are a lot of sellers out there just buying up cheap 18z's , just painting them as is , some don't even remove the pads ... :scared2: and then sell them on as refurbed for £450 and beyond....cheap profiteers again.:shrug:

yours look very serviceable so why not give it a go.

18z's are not hard to refurb, save yourself a heap of cash and do them yourself.
Seal kits are not expensive and are easy to replace, calipers don't have to be powder coated as a careful wet paint can be just as good.
There are a lot of sellers out there just buying up cheap 18z's , just painting them as is , some don't even remove the pads ... :scared2: and then sell them on as refurbed for £450 and beyond....cheap profiteers again.:shrug:

yours look very serviceable so why not give it a go.
Morning Rob,

I would not have a clue how to replace the seals.
Would it be just a seal kit I'd need?
The seller I got the Calipers off, said they were in working order, however, i'd like to make sure it's all done properly before any use as i don't know its full history.

Cheers

To be safe as you dont know any history on the calipers, you'd need a piston seal and dustcover kit assuming pistons are ok which most normally are unless the calipers have been abused.
Link pipes are normally ok if they are removed careful same with bleed valves but i always replace the bleed valves as they are not expensive.

Ah nice to hear, I’m right in thinking the 18Z’s don’t fit behind the standard SP Ed 18” Ronals though? Spacers would be required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20210710_164425.jpg
    20210710_164425.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
I think the condition of those alloys is letting the side down Alex, they need sorting out chap.

And that’s standard Alex, any spacers? Brilliant if not, I’m not a spacers kind of guy. But I’ve always liked the idea of running 18Z’s.

And that’s standard Alex, any spacers? Brilliant if not, I’m not a spacers kind of guy. But I’ve always liked the idea of running 18Z’s.

Im running 10mm H&R spacers on the front, 15mm on the rear. More for aesthetics than functionality but allows room for the brembos. You could possibly drop a few mm however, i would have to check

Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
I seem to recall 5mm is needed on the fronts to be safe.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
I've been messing around with my alloys again...
R81
R82
R83

• Love
Reactions: boffin486 and WOMBLERULZ
R8 fronts. 8.5j x 19" ET42
you'd need 4 fronts to fit on a B7 as the R8 rears are just way to wide and offset is too much.

Gave up trying to buy Porsche lobster claws for that reason ..loads of rears available,you’d have to buy 2 sets and end up with 4 10j that no one wants

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Gave up trying to buy Porsche lobster claws for that reason ..loads of rears available,you’d have to buy 2 sets and end up with 4 10j that no one wants

exactly :icon thumright:

That said , if i could find 4 matched R8's i'd do it.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I've been messing around with my alloys again...

Do you meet your dealer in shady parts of the neighbourhood in the early hours of the morning to score your next hit to feed your alloy addiction Rob?

I actually think crack would be cheeper for you…

lol...
I just love my old bus so it gets the goodies . :yes:

buy some b7 bits and sell other b7 bits, it all works out in the end.

Reactions: Bobbytea
Don’t worry mate, we’ll all have a whip round for your ‘alloy wheel anonymous’ fundraiser…

“Hi my names Rob, and I’m addicted to alloy wheels”

Don’t worry mate, we’ll all have a whip round for your ‘alloy wheel anonymous’ fundraiser…

“Hi my names Rob, and I’m addicted to alloy wheels”

I know, sad really but I just like my alloys..lol, keeps me busy though. :yes:

I'm probably offering a really usefull service, my experimentation with alloys on my B7 saves others making the same mistakes with rims that don't or won't fit or in the wrong colour. :yahoo:

Now how can I charge you lot..lol

Not everyone’s cup of tea and it wasn’t mine but I took the plunge and had my mtms powder coated black
ba658ed96811adb317d793f54c3ed4f1.jpg

They look better black :thumbs up: , and your b7 is a more charcoal colour than really dark black, so there is contrast,if they were on my brilliant black bus they would be lost and look worse.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
They look better black :thumbs up: , and your b7 is a more charcoal colour than really dark black, so there is contrast,if they were on my brilliant black bus they would be lost and look worse.

I think so rob lz7l lava grey I believe without looking in the service book ,the mtms in grey were a bit bland against the car’s colour

I think so rob lz7l lava grey I believe without looking in the service book ,the mtms in grey were a bit bland against the car’s colour

That's a good coloured car :thumbs up:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
Last edited:
They look almost identical to the ones I have on my jalopy just now Rob? These are 18's - presume yours are 19's ?
I was told they were for an A5 & had to use 5mm spacers all round to clear (front) calipers & even that's only by about the thickness of a couple sheets of paper....... I also need new centre caps. Never ends does it......

View attachment 243085
Do you know the audi P/N for them.

Swore at it, a lot.
Tried to put stainless braided brake hoses on the rear, to match my fronts.
No go. Why do they make the original hoses with gust metal ferrule ends and no but section to get a spanner on? The replacement braided ones are finished properly so they can be fully tightened up.
Inevitably the nut in the end of the brake pipe is seized in the hose end and with nothing really to get a grip on, except with mole grips this is was never going to work.
Anyone ever had any success in removing the old hoses at this age of car?

Swore at it, a lot.
No go. Why do they make the original hoses with gust metal ferrule ends and no but section to get a spanner on? The replacement braided ones are finished properly so they can be fully tightened up.
Inevitably the nut in the end of the brake pipe is seized in the hose end and with nothing really to get a grip on, except with mole grips this is was never going to work.

I use a very small gas torch to heat the fitting up and burn back some of the plastic coating off the pipe, works a treat everytime.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Swore at it, a lot.
Just take it easy and don't try too much brute force, it's one of those jobs that requires some patients or you'll end up damaging more than just the hose.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
I appear to have lost interest in my old bus at the moment, same with the TT so nothing new done here.:sorry: