What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

It happens Rob. I go through these phases quite often. Honestly, at this point I just want to get in it and drive it.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Fitted my freshly retrimmed steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels, the picture does not do it justice, it looks and feels absolutely incredible. Jack and his team do a fantastic job, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Went for full smooth nappa all the way round as I'm not a fan of perforated leather. I've also removed my gear knob + gaiter, and handbrake cover as he will be retrimming those for me too! Can't wait :D

89689E0C 1781 41C3 8674 3907FAEEC12C 1 105 c

And also gave the engine bay a quick wipe down, I do have a full detail planned for it but that's for another day!

1E5E7A84 9A0C 47BE 9525 0D68D96238A7 1 105 c

nice subtle wheel retrim indeedy. :icon thumright:

does that engine bay need a detail clean, it looks more than spanking clean at the moment...:yes:

Reactions: NM07
So today i have made a new plan on what is lined up for the old bus in the coming weeks /months and probably years , well maybe years is a bit much but you never know..lol

Reactions: NM07
So today i have made a new plan on what is lined up for the old bus in the coming weeks /months and probably years , well maybe years is a bit much but you never know..lol

Are you planning on keeping your lovely bus for the long haul Rob? Going to keep mine until the end, really happy with it :)

It's market value is pretty well nothing these days on the scale of things, a few thousand, but it's worth so much more to me.

I paid £12,500 for it in june 2014 as a one owner car with 29k miles and it's been a very good old bus, lots of ups and just as many downs but I'll probably just keep it until its just not useable any more, which may well be some years ahead. :yahoo:
It's become my project car now, with some daily use too which is good as it won't suffer to much from high milage issues , just the age-related ones.

Happy days, well most of the time:yes:

Reactions: Rob Avant
I've pulled the trigger on new front and rear suspension today.
The current Bilstein B8's with H&R springs have been faultless and still work perfectly , i just want to mess around with rear ride heights a bit more so going to coilovers.
I had a B14 kit sitting in the garage for a while unused , decided last week to sell it on and managed to get my original outlay back, which was handy , well they were new so no reason to let them go for less.
I still wanted to try something else and decided to go with a KW Variant 2 coilover kit for a change.
Having never tried KW before but all the reviews have been excellent I'm hoping they will be as good as the Bilsteins.
just need to wait for them now, that will probably take months....:shrug:, still something to look forward to.:yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: i3oricua and Fully
The old wagon passed the yearly grief today. 034 cat causing issues for the first time, just managed to scrap through the emissions

Good news there Rob on a pass again.
The 034 situation is exactly what I was experiencing, every year it was getting harder to get through emissions, in the end it just wouldn't get low enough so I took it off.
I think it's just the way 034 cat go over time, the core just deteriorates over time to the point it won't pass.
I doubt you get through next year Rob , maybe time to think ahead for a replacement solution.

Rob

I agree Rob, as we well no the 034 cat is rubbish for emissions, and gets worst every year.
I would have failed the test last March if not for a friendly garage guy.
Might have to fit the OEM cat back like you did.

I agree Rob, as we well no the 034 cat is rubbish for emissions, and gets worst every year.
I would have failed the test last March if not for a friendly garage guy.
Might have to fit the OEM cat back like you did.
Evening Richard,
I've still not found another alternative to be honest, all the current HFC on the market look to be a risk on a road car at MOT time, well audi's seem more prone to than other brands.
I haven't given up just yet though, just not found a user friendly HFC option .

I've pulled the trigger on new front and rear suspension today.
The current Bilstein B8's with H&R springs have been faultless and still work perfectly , i just want to mess around with rear ride heights a bit more so going to coilovers.
I had a B14 kit sitting in the garage for a while unused , decided last week to sell it on and managed to get my original outlay back, which was handy , well they were new so no reason to let them go for less.
I still wanted to try something else and decided to go with a KW Variant 2 coilover kit for a change.
Having never tried KW before but all the reviews have been excellent I'm hoping they will be as good as the Bilsteins.
just need to wait for them now, that will probably take months....:shrug:, still something to look forward to.:yes:
I have the KW on my car for 3 years now, I personally love the handling although they are a bit rough.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Good news there Rob on a pass again.
The 034 situation is exactly what I was experiencing, every year it was getting harder to get through emissions, in the end it just wouldn't get low enough so I took it off.
I think it's just the way 034 cat go over time, the core just deteriorates over time to the point it won't pass.
I doubt you get through next year Rob , maybe time to think ahead for a replacement solution.

Rob
Can we assume that the 034 products are a bit rubbish?! I had a 034 transmission mount that failed miserably just a bit after a year!!
Saying that I still ordered the 034 engine mounts as I couldn't find anything else liquid free. Fingers crossed!

It's a good product just has poor life span, but then they do state not for highway use which pretywell covers them for any road going test failures.

Reactions: Rob Avant and Donfero
Sorted the old EML.
Fault code P3103, intake manifold flap intermittent low voltage.
Purchased a second hand genuine valve, and cleaned the gear housing. Pretty oiled up somehow considering there's a gasket around the cover.
Must enter through the flap spindle. Lubed the gears and fitted.
Took my old one apart, even more oil inside, plus a broken gear. Relived that was the issue. Hopefully it shouldn't get too much oily muck in now as I have no EGR valve.

Reactions: Fully and Jamsmoo
Can we assume that the 034 products are a bit rubbish?! I had a 034 transmission mount that failed miserably just a bit after a year!!
Saying that I still ordered the 034 engine mounts as I couldn't find anything else liquid free. Fingers crossed!

How do you find the 034 mounts? I still need to buy some replacement mounts and didn't realise theat there was liquid free alternatives out there, and £102 there not much more that a pair of oem style replacements

Reactions: Donfero
How do you find the 034 mounts? I still need to buy some replacement mounts and didn't realise theat there was liquid free alternatives out there, and £102 there not much more that a pair of oem style replacements
Fell in love with them, to be honest the engine is planted, and no noticable vibration! Get the Street Density they are awesome. How much they will live though is still under debate..

Fell in love with them, to be honest the engine is planted, and no noticable vibration! Get the Street Density they are awesome. How much they will live though is still under debate..

Thanks for tge reply buddy, i think ill add them to the shopping list then

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Donfero
Not too bad Alex, at least it is less than 10 items so far. :thumbs up:

I was hoping the KW coilovers ordered 10 days ago would be hear sooner than later, had an email yesterday with a provisional time frame of 10-12 weeks...:sob:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Finally managed to order another set of rear discs for my still to be finalised rear upgrade.
Mtec seems to be the best source at the moment.
went with these 310's .

Just need a few other bits before i whack it all on wth the uprated calipers.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Had a bit of a turn up for the books today.
My KW coil overs were out for delivery and only 9 weeks early....great stuff
I had an email from parcel force to say they were delivering them today, that's just over 2 weeks since I ordered them so very happy, the only downside to it all was that parcel force made a complete and utter hash of delivering them or maybe that should have been didn't deliver them...
Anyway, after a heated discussion with them I lost my patients and just went to my local depot at 4.30 to recover them, parcel force really are utterly useless 99.9% of the time.

currently in the TT boot but hoping to get them on this weekend , I've ordered a new pair of top mounts aswell for the front.
At least one good thing has happened for me this week. :yahoo:
IMG 3798 2

Reactions: boffin486, Fully, Donfero and 1 other person
Had a bit of a turn up for the books today.
My KW coil overs were out for delivery and only 9 weeks early....great stuff
I had an email from parcel force to say they were delivering them today, that's just over 2 weeks since I ordered them so very happy, the only downside to it all was that parcel force made a complete and utter hash of delivering them or maybe that should have been didn't deliver them...
Anyway, after a heated discussion with them I lost my patients and just went to my local depot at 4.30 to recover them, parcel force really are utterly useless 99.9% of the time.

currently in the TT boot but hoping to get them on this weekend , I've ordered a new pair of top mounts aswell for the front.
At least one good thing has happened for me this week. :yahoo: View attachment 244739
You haven't unboxed them yet?? I would have unboxed them and sat them in the living room so I can keep looking at them!!

Lol, I still haven't got over the shock of them getting here so much faster than quoted. :yahoo:

Reactions: Bobbytea
They look way too nice to fit under a mucky wheel arch

Lol, I never even though of that pun when i replied......I was still in shock from the quick delivery from germany.

just waiting on the new front top mount bushes from carparts4less...only marginally better service than from there other company Euro idiots.

Its been a little while since i pulled all the suspension off my old bus so I'm just having a quick refresher course.. :yes:
I've done it 4 times to date on my old bus but being a bit of an oldie these days the memory is starting to fail..Lol

Anyway, this has to be one of the best vids and methods to do the job, I used it the first time around and every time since, all went just fine.:yahoo:
whether it's coil overs or fixed spring make little difference, the method is the same. :yes:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
I couldn't resist a quick look in the box, having never tried KW brand before I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest, I've always been a Bilstein preferred component person until now.
At first glance they look very good quality and dare I say build quality looks better than the Bilstien's, welds are way better to start with, hopefully they will be as good performance-wise. :yahoo:

Reactions: boffin486
Well today i have broke my car.
went to accelerate up a slip road and heard a weird sound so pulled over.
not sure what's wrong as it was getting dark, but my car has no power/boost and it sounds like it has no exhaust on it, plus the coil light was flashing. :wtf:
i'm hoping its something cheap and simple, but knowing my luck it'll be expensive.
yay for me :rage:

Well today i have broke my car.
went to accelerate up a slip road and heard a weird sound so pulled over.
not sure what's wrong as it was getting dark, but my car has no power/boost and it sounds like it has no exhaust on it, plus the coil light was flashing. :wtf:
i'm hoping its something cheap and simple, but knowing my luck it'll be expensive.
yay for me :rage:
Probably a turbo pipe

I couldn't resist a quick look in the box, having never tried KW brand before I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest, I've always been a Bilstein preferred component person until now.
At first glance they look very good quality and dare I say build quality looks better than the Bilstien's, welds are way better to start with, hopefully they will be as good performance-wise. :yahoo:
Howabout some pics of the new shiny bitties Rob?

yeah it didn't feel good either Rob.
That's what i'm hoping Donfero as i'm guessing it'll be the cheaper problem to sort.
i'm from the north so i'm used to the rain but its starting to feel like a constant downpour :tearsofjoy:

Well, it would appear my initial excitement was premature .
I was looking at them today and they didn't look quite right, I was sure my order was for variant 2 coilovers , these are Variant 1 and the part number confirms.
I've checked back at my invoice and I did order and pay for Variant 2's.

So that's a pain to put it mildly.
I could send them back and wait for replacements but knowing my luck that would then take months, or I could just contact the retailer and get a refund of the difference and keep them, it's the OZ wheel mess up all over again... :sob:
Why can't sellers get it right first time round....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it would save so much end-user hassle etc.
Do I need Variant 2, probably not in all honesty but that is not the point, I might just keep them and use the cashback for something else.
IMG 3815

Reactions: Donfero and boffin486
Hi Rob - they look quite similar (though prettier) to the JOM set I fitted a couple of years ago. But now I am getting an annoying rattle from the front end that I can't locate - none of the bushes seem loose or damaged but almost every bump I hit, small or large, makes the alarming 'Knackered' rattle. Very frustrating. I recently actually raised the front about 10mm as I couldn't get over speed bumps anymore....... :sadlike:

Fully assembled Strut

Hello again Rob, errrrrrrrrr..... might sound daft but are the small springs (just above purple adjusting ring) actually springs or just packing pieces?